Ragnarok Declaration of War

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281315628' post='2405656']
Now that NSO has explicitly stated they will not be calling on their allies, their allies are honoring their treaties to the fullest extent. RoK and friends thought NSO was a simple push button that could bring NPO and friends into a curbie, but they forgot that the notion of "Defense" is so much more than running blindly into an obvious trap.

But please, keep trying to goad NPO into war. It's so hilarious, how quickly the real reasons for this war reveal themselves.
[/quote]

Honestly, nobody gives a rats $@! about NPO anymore. If you look at from the beginning of when NSO was formed, at every opportunity they get, they scream "DO something about IT". Well now that RoK has they are screaming, "LOL OMG THEY HIT US BECAUSE THEY WANNA KILL NPO AGAIN!". If someone did want to hit NPO, they would do it. This war is about NSO and how they harbored and aided a rogue and how that is not acceptable in CN, not a proxy war to get NPO.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281315628' post='2405656']
Now that NSO has explicitly stated they will not be calling on their allies, their allies are honoring their treaties to the fullest extent. RoK and friends thought NSO was a simple push button that could bring NPO and friends into a curbie, but they forgot that the notion of "Defense" is so much more than running blindly into an obvious trap.

But please, keep trying to goad NPO into war. It's so hilarious, how quickly the real reasons for this war reveal themselves.
[/quote]
do you want me to recommend some cheese for that whine?
Or maybe some nice happy pills to help with that paranoia?

Rok and friends thought that NSO aided a rogue after being specifically told he was a rogue and actively at war with a Rok protectorate. End of story, there isn't much more to it.

[quote name='Jasmines Jewels' timestamp='1281315830' post='2405679']
Clearly that's what happened with NSO. Time stamps show last night, he returned today and was requesting a meeting to discuss things but SF jumps straight into war.

Definitely ground to a halt. *rolls eyes*
[/quote]

What is there to discuss if NSO already aided a known rogue despite knowledge of him being a rogue?

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1281315604' post='2405655']
It's not that your reps were really really bad but they could have been worse (although they could have been), it's that they weren't that bad in the first place. Given proportionality, and given what I said about the reasons for your reps (that Pacifica had done some really bad things), the reps were fine. Did you see removal from government? No. Was Xiphosis imposed as your viceroy? :P No. Was Pacifica re-attacked while under terms? No. I think you get the picture.
[/quote]

350k out of a total 300k tech and 10 billion dollars isn't bad? Being forced to commit an act of war in sending aid to GOD during a war isn't bad? Good thing the nations facing GOD were a bit better at the whole "diplomacy" thing.

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1281315635' post='2405657']
Did my MDoAP partner(s) inform me they were going to war? Yes, they did.
[/quote]

I suppose I should congratulate you on using restraint and not adding to the dogpile then.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1281315837' post='2405680']
Actually we were much more handsome and much, much more taller.
[/quote]

My bad. ;)

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1281315881' post='2405683']
Well then let me be the first to call TPF cowardly... many, many times over.
[/quote]

Let me not be the last to laugh at you.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1281315549' post='2405650']
They were informed I would be arriving in time to come to any resolution. Regardless, it seems Van Hoo was away so no discussions could take place. Seems like a pretty bad way to run an alliance if everything grinds to a halt when the leader leaves for any portion of time.
[/quote]

Apparently your alliance decided to take action without you, by aiding the known rogue, without waiting for evidence from RoK or by their own research. If your alliance was wanting to come to a true resolution of the issue, they would have held off on aiding the nation in question. Especially, since you were gone.

However, since they did take the course of action that they did, they decided a fine course of action for both their alliance and yours which happened to give them just CB.

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1281316100' post='2405702']
350k out of a total 300k tech and 10 billion dollars isn't bad?
[/quote]

I've already explained why it's not bad, I don't feel the need to rehearse it *again*.

Being forced to commit an act of war in sending aid to GOD during a war isn't bad? Good thing the nations facing GOD were a bit better at the whole "diplomacy" thing.
[/quote]

I'm not a gigantic fan of GOD, actually. But they don't speak for the entire of SuperGrievances. I believe everyone else didn't have a problem with waiving rep payments during that time.

Being forced to commit an act of war in sending aid to GOD during a war isn't bad? Good thing the nations facing GOD were a bit better at the whole "diplomacy" thing.
[/quote]

-shrug-

Hoo believes it's an act of war.

We back our allies, end of discussion.

[quote name='Jasmines Jewels' timestamp='1281314987' post='2405600']
Are you speaking of the resolution LintWad was hoping to discuss tonight since he just arrived home from a planned vacation? Oh wait, that wasn't allowed to happen. Silly me.
[/quote]

Don't you have some war preparations to make?

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1281316360' post='2405719']
I've already explained why it's not bad, I don't feel the need to rehearse it *again*.
[/quote]

And I've explained that it was well beyond any measure of what we had taken before. 116% of tech was a new alltime high.

[quote]
I'm not a gigantic fan of GOD, actually. But they don't speak for the entire of SuperGrievances. I believe everyone else didn't have a problem with waiving rep payments during that time.
[/quote]

The fact stands that during our time under reps we were forced to commit an act of war. You were all working in a group, and one of your group made the demand. If everything done by any ex-heg alliance reflects on all others, this reflects on you.

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1281316326' post='2405718']
And let me be the last to not laugh at you
[/quote]

I see the forces of eloquence are arrayed against me tonight.
:rolleyes:

[color="#0000FF"]Well, this is an interesting new bit of information I just came upon. Makes you wonder how consistent RoK is when it comes to applying its CBs.

As many of you know, my dear friends Penky and CitizenKane both went rogue on VA not too long ago. Well, about a week ago, while at war with VA, they both changed their AA to CSN. CSN then demanded that the wars be ended. Soon CSN starts threatening war over this. It almost came to blows, and all over CSN protecting two well known rogues who didn't even apply on the CSN forum (yup, they just changed their AA). Naturally RoK supports its ally, so, it makes you wonder, how consistent is RoK when it comes to CBs? Did they really take great offense? Since how they react seems to change with whoever is doing the acting. Or were they simply aching for a fight and blow this out of proportion? Makes on think.[/color]

[quote name='King Death II' timestamp='1281315916' post='2405687']
Honestly, nobody gives a rats $@! about NPO anymore.
[/quote]If there were any truth at all to this, then every single thread would not devolve into a discussion about NPO. But the fact is, it's all about NPO. NPO is the imaginary demon that SuperGrievances need. They need to keep pretending that there is some great evil, to keep up the lie that got them into power in the first place, and to perhaps provide a common enemy, to perhaps even subconsciously avoid the inevitable SF/CnG split.

The fact is, NPO is staying as far away from politics as they can, and you can't even find something as flimsy as this to tag on them. After the Red Raiding Safari didn't work to goad NPO to war, this here was Plan B, find a flimsy excuse to attack their direct allies. NSO's policy of not taking crap from anyone played right into this trap. But NSO called the trap, and those parties have failed once again to force war upon the NPO.

It is only made obvious from the nonstop goading in this thread. The focus is hardly on the flimsy reasons for war, it's all on labeling NPO and company cowards, or trying to deny that the goading is occurring. It's all really quite hilarious, how upset you all are that NPO once again isn't going to get rolled according to your plans. All you are left with is a terrible bit of PR as the reality of the situation rapidly makes itself apparent.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281317019' post='2405761']
If there were any truth at all to this, then every single thread would not devolve into a discussion about NPO. But the fact is, it's all about NPO. NPO is the imaginary demon that SuperGrievances need. They need to keep pretending that there is some great evil, to keep up the lie that got them into power in the first place, and to perhaps provide a common enemy, to perhaps even subconsciously avoid the inevitable SF/CnG split.

The fact is, NPO is staying as far away from politics as they can, and you can't even find something as flimsy as this to tag on them. After the Red Raiding Safari didn't work to goad NPO to war, this here was Plan B, find a flimsy excuse to attack their direct allies. NSO's policy of not taking crap from anyone played right into this trap. But NSO called the trap, and those parties have failed once again to force war upon the NPO.

It is only made obvious from the nonstop goading in this thread. The focus is hardly on the flimsy reasons for war, it's all on labeling NPO and company cowards, or trying to deny that the goading is occurring. It's all really quite hilarious, how upset you all are that NPO once again isn't going to get rolled according to your plans. All you are left with is a terrible bit of PR as the reality of the situation rapidly makes itself apparent.
[/quote]
Couldn't have said it better myself. :wub:

Edited by bakamitai