NATO Peace Mode-a-Palooza

Schattenmann

347 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1280409985' post='2393876']
Karma ended?
[/quote]

Damn it, that was going to be my joke. Only with an exclamation point at the end of the question mark.

Like so:

[i]Karma ended?![/i]

See, it's got a bit more comedic punch to it. See... ? No? *sigh*

I won't forget this offense, flak attack. Ever.

Oh well.

Didn't vote. If the fancy takes me, I just wander over and ask them.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea that they're all on vacation strikes me as silly. They're in a large, well-known alliance, there's no accidental raid risk associated with leaving their nation unattended in war mode. It's the season on the whole northern hemisphere, but NATO is the only alliance of note with such a large percentage of nations in PM. Breeze through the sanctioned AAs, none over 15, but it's vacation time for all their members, too.

[quote name='kotic' timestamp='1280439795' post='2394399']
Vacation. A cn G20 convention hahahag
[/quote]
Nah, can't be CNG20. To verify, check to see if our aid screens show $1B in aid offers with the reason "fake lake fund."

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1280415375' post='2393940']
They should have went to defcon 1 and maxed guerilla camps, then we could at least be having a lottery for who got to be the lucky target.
[/quote]
No lottery would have been necessary. Clearly, the lucky target would have been NATO, even in such an event as a surprise pre-emptive declaration on their behalf.

[quote name='lightningjim' timestamp='1280464824' post='2394782']
It could simply be them being bored and wanting to cause people to freakout over nothing.
[/quote]
Yep NATO. Always joking around and PMing their 20k+ nations.

Edited by kentsfield

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1280455680' post='2394664']
The idea that they're all on vacation strikes me as silly. They're in a large, well-known alliance, there's no accidental raid risk associated with leaving their nation unattended in war mode. It's the season on the whole northern hemisphere, but NATO is the only alliance of note with such a large percentage of nations in PM. Breeze through the sanctioned AAs, none over 15, but it's vacation time for all their members, too.
[/quote]
NATO parties harder.

It's true.

This is a guy who's known them for a while. This happens EVERY summer.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1280468255' post='2394814']
NATO parties harder.

It's true.

This is a guy who's known them for a while. This happens EVERY summer.
[/quote]

Looks like anyone wanting to attack NATO now knows the perfect time to strike.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1280481142' post='2394890']
Its obvious that they are all under the control of the same ruler, as this many people going on vacation at the same time is a ludicrous assumption :unsure:
[/quote]

Unless it was a group trip.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1280455680' post='2394664']
[/quote]
I know there was a plan for the rulers of several NATO members to meet sometime this summer. I'm going to guess that. If I cared enough, I could go ask them, but its not really a big deal.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1280500966' post='2395002']
Even if you did go on holiday (vacation) why enter peace mode? Are you really that paranoid?
[/quote]

Yes, we are, but that has nothing to do with this.

OOC: Scipio, that is the center of the Egyptian Winged Disk. Not sure of the shock image that it looks like, sorry.

Voted other, because it's Vodka-palooza over here. We have to lock up the red buttons, ever since that one accident way back when. In order to cope, we don't talk about that city any more.

Edited by Tallon

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1280502223' post='2395026']
I know there was a plan for the rulers of several NATO members to meet sometime this summer. I'm going to guess that. If I cared enough, I could go ask them, but its not really a big deal.
[/quote]

Or you could check the internal memo that says we DoW on NATO in 14 hours, 7 minutes and 32 seconds. Even NATO read the bloody memo, hence the Peace Mode :P