ODN and TR Part Ways

[center][img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e353/y498yates/cybernations/announcement.gif[/img]

[img]http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2746/theresistance002.png[/img][/center]

The Orange Defense Network and The Resistance have been allies of the highest order since the signing of the Orange County Liberation Front Pact in August of 2009.

In many ways, the Orange Defense Network served as big brother to The Resistance during the turbulent times of the latter's founding, often stepping up to the plate when things looked poor. During the TOP-C&G War, The Resistance did what it could in support of the Orange Defense Network, and in the later stages of the war took on many of the higher ranked members of the TIDTT coalition at her ally's request.

With respect to the internal affairs of both alliances, it can be said that the Orange Defense Network and The Resistance eventually failed to see eye to eye on major issues, casting a pall on a formerly healthy relationship. After much deliberation, the government of The Resistance deemed that a Mutual Defense and Optional Aggression Pact was no longer the most appropriate representation for the Orange County Liberation Front Pact, arriving at the decision to downgrade to an Optional Defense Pact.

However, following deliberations of their own, the Orange Defense Network rejected a downgrade, citing no interest in any optional treaty. Sadly, this has forced us to re-evaluate our ties entirely, and so the Orange Defense Network and The Resistance do hereby announce the dissolution of the Orange County Liberation Front Pact, and that no treaty presently exists between our two alliances.

The Orange Defense Network wishes The Resistance well in their endeavors.

o7 OCLF
o7 tR
o7 ODN

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer, from reading what you said, it seems like you guys were great friends, sorry to see a friendship such as this fall apart. Good luck on both respective alliances future endeavors.

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='19 July 2010 - 12:53 AM' timestamp='1279515196' post='2378426']
IRON did it better :v:
[/quote]
Ours happened first. [img]http://www.orangedefense.net/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/colbert.gif[/img]

Edited by Style #386

[quote name='OsRavan' date='19 July 2010 - 05:50 AM' timestamp='1279515034' post='2378417']
However, following deliberations of their own, [b]the Orange Defense Network rejected a downgrade, citing no interest in any optional treaty.[/b] Sadly, this has forced us to re-evaluate our ties entirely, and so the Orange Defense Network and The Resistance do hereby announce the dissolution of the Orange County Liberation Front Pact, and that no treaty presently exists between our two alliances.
[/quote]

I know the line is old and used, but damn, I lol'ed :P

[quote name='joracy' date='18 July 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1279482314' post='2377650']
By...uhhh, canceling a [s]bunch of[/s] treaty? You've reduced your treaty count, which is cool I guess, but a lot of people are sitting around scratching our heads on what this actually accomplished[s], and how this is creating a new path[/s]. This is[s]n't[/s] one of the those cases where you're going to get bashed either way because people dislike you[s], you're going to get bashed either way because you fixed nothing, and playing it off as some giant change in policy[/s].

I also find all the "we are still friends!" hilarious, when, pretty clearly, you aren't. There's (sic) a time and place for that line, and it's in those few legitimate situations where that happens. Trying to spin a situation where thats not the case as being like that reeks of incompetence. You can probably stop trying to convince [s]NATO et al[/s] [b]The Resistance[/b] that you still love them in public, and you don't mean to insult them and they were great and loyal allies. By the looks of things, they are reading you loud and clear. They just aren't getting the same message.
[/quote]

well, that was fun for a few moments, i wonder who the next cancellation will be?

Edited by Lord Levistus

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='19 July 2010 - 01:10 AM' timestamp='1279516203' post='2378465']
well, that was fun for a few moments, i wonder who the next cancellation will be?
[/quote]
What on earth are you gibbering about?