Cancellation

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Segovia' date='22 May 2010 - 06:35 AM' timestamp='1274506496' post='2307773']
Also, the Brigade is an open alliance. I'm not going to pull the "the reasons are private" thing, so, for any who are interested, just shoot me or any other gov member a message here or on IRC or on the Brigades official forums: [url]http://thebrigade.forumotion.net/forum.htm[/url][/quote]
No-one ever keeps to their 'the reasons are private' stance anyway, it's just a line folks in 'leadership' positions like to say to make themselves feel important - "I have the information and if you want it, knock on my Very Important Government Member door and maybe I will respond - if I am not too busy with important governmental matters, of course". All you are doing is being more open in your desires for people to come and beg your mightiness for information.

So yeah, I think that - should I ever become interested in the reasons for this cancellation (which in itself is unlikely) - I will patiently wait until you become a truly open alliance and post the reasons err, openly. But thanks for the generous offer all the same.

Edited by Aimee Mann

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='22 May 2010 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1274564603' post='2308406']
No-one ever keeps to their 'the reasons are private' stance anyway, it's just a line folks in 'leadership' positions like to say to make themselves feel important - "I have the information and if you want it, knock on my Very Important Government Member door and maybe I will respond - if I am not too busy with important governmental matters, of course". All you are doing is being more open in your desires for people to come and beg your mightiness for information.

So yeah, I think that - should I ever become interested in the reasons for this cancellation (which in itself is unlikely) - I will patiently wait until you become a truly open alliance and post the reasons err, openly. But thanks for the generous offer all the same.
[/quote]

I chuckled.

+1 internet for you.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='22 May 2010 - 02:43 PM' timestamp='1274564603' post='2308406']

[/quote]

I'll just call it laziness. Admittedly, I was tired and didn't want to type out everything last night. And please don't say that about me thinking I'm 'mighty'. I don't want other Brigadiers to laugh at me. :(

[quote name='Segovia' date='22 May 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1274579170' post='2308641']I'll just call it laziness. Admittedly, I was tired and didn't want to type out everything last night.[/quote]

So you'd rather explain the reasons behind the cancellation to every person who PMs or queries you rather than doing it here and only once?

Don't get me wrong. I don't really care one way or the other. But that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='22 May 2010 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1274579783' post='2308648']
So you'd rather explain the reasons behind the cancellation to every person who PMs or queries you rather than doing it here and only once?

Don't get me wrong. I don't really care one way or the other. But that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
[/quote]

Actually sir, I am going to post the reasons in the OP tonight. I figured I could answer whatever questions I received when I got home from work today(and I know Ecth was talking to a few people about this as well), then edit the reasons in. Be patient, curse you all. And since when have I ever made sense? The day I start is a sad day indeed.

Edit: And it is done.

Edited by Segovia

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='22 May 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1274579783' post='2308648']

[/quote]

I ended up answering it all, so his evil plan worked I guess.

[quote name='New Frontier' date='22 May 2010 - 01:59 AM' timestamp='1274507941' post='2307804']
I'm speaking now.
[/quote]
True but you are a singular. Two would be technically plural. More would be effectively plural.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='22 May 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1274579783' post='2308648']

[/quote]
It sounds like a good idea to me if he plans on getting off-line immediately after posting this

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' date='22 May 2010 - 01:45 PM' timestamp='1274550307' post='2308155']
I'll be watching how GGA's foreign policy plays out in the weeks to come.
[/quote]

If it continues like it has, we will continue to make new friends, new allies, and sign more new treaties.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' date='23 May 2010 - 01:06 AM' timestamp='1274591195' post='2308829']
If it continues like it has, we will continue to make new friends, new allies, and sign more new treaties.
[/quote]

Your track record for that so has been exemplary already. I'm sure it'll work out for you.

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='22 May 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1274591501' post='2308832']
Your track record for that so has been exemplary already. I'm sure it'll work out for you.
[/quote]
Right. Just because they literally JUST signed a treaty with CIA and have had two non-treatied alliances back them up in this thread doesn't mean they're signing treaties and making friends.

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='23 May 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1274591501' post='2308832']
[/quote]

Thank you, sir, I appreciate the compliment. I was quite pleased with our treaty with CIA as well. But I can't take all the credit on that one for myself, though I did pen the document. It was the hard work of both alliances coming together.

[quote name='New Frontier' date='23 May 2010 - 01:13 AM' timestamp='1274591586' post='2308833']
Right. Just because they literally JUST signed a treaty with CIA and have had two non-treatied alliances back them up in this thread doesn't mean they're signing treaties and making friends.
[/quote]

I agree completely.

Withdrawing from their color unity treaty and losing one of their two oldest remaining treaties is clearly the positive steps they need to recover as an alliance.

[/quote]

Careful sir, you are becoming obtuse.

[quote name='wickedj' date='22 May 2010 - 01:37 AM' timestamp='1274506624' post='2307775']
GGA has one treaty left? maybe two? inb4 a repeat of FoA/KoN[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh, I certainly hope so. The world will finally have the reason it needs to finally purge itself of some less than worthy alliances.[/color]

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='23 May 2010 - 01:18 AM' timestamp='1274591879' post='2308840']
I agree completely.

Withdrawing from their color unity treaty and losing one of their two oldest remaining treaties is clearly the positive steps they need to recover as an alliance.
[/quote]

I am glad we agree. Removing ourselves from a color treaty without any semblance of unity and signing new treaties with active and actual supportive allies are positive steps towards growth and recovery. It is good we are on the same page when it comes to the GGA's success and prosperity.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' date='23 May 2010 - 09:06 PM' timestamp='1274645164' post='2309361']
I am glad we agree. Removing ourselves from a color treaty without any semblance of unity and signing new treaties with active and actual supportive allies are positive steps towards growth and recovery. It is good we are on the same page when it comes to the GGA's success and prosperity.
[/quote]

I don't see what this thread has to do with your abandonment of UJA, although I can understand how unity of any sort would not be in agreement with your purported goals.

Best wishes in the future.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='23 May 2010 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1274646883' post='2309409']
I don't see what this thread has to do with your abandonment of UJA, although I can understand how unity of any sort would not be in agreement with your purported goals.

Best wishes in the future.
[/quote]

Perhaps you should ask your foreign affairs gentleman, as he brought it up.