GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

[quote name='recockulova' date='13 May 2010 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1273724686' post='2296712']
Now if someone would only take out Rebel Virginia on the next trash day.
[/quote]
That's ok, hes fine just where he is and we like him.

P.S. When do you guys start Shark Week?

Edited by kevin32891

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='13 May 2010 - 10:49 AM' timestamp='1273740574' post='2296857']
[color="#0000FF"]Hm. I didn't think I'd have to remind you of all people that I have quite a following. Like it not, people listen to me. They hang on my every word. You'd be a fool to ignore. The damage I can do to people's opinion regarding your alliance may be irreversible.[/color]
[/quote]

You're a CN version of "Doonesbury", only funnier. The 'damage' you do can easily be averted by navigating away from the blue text and reading another thread. It's fun to play with you sometimes, however, because you respond to feigned encouragement with a false sense of triumph.

[quote name='nippy' date='13 May 2010 - 07:59 AM' timestamp='1273751935' post='2296910']
You're a CN version of "Doonesbury", only funnier. The 'damage' you do can easily be averted by navigating away from the blue text and reading another thread. It's fun to play with you sometimes, however, because you respond to feigned encouragement with a false sense of triumph.
[/quote]I like Doonesbury :(.

Disregarding the RV-and-counters arguments (I'm not that bored today), no-one deserves to have their boards taken down, whatever IC disagreements there may be. Good to see you have a backup and a thoroughly justified EoG listing. If there are other bad things in the backstory as Salithus's quit message suggests then that's a separate issue, but he still shouldn't have taken the boards down.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='13 May 2010 - 07:57 AM' timestamp='1273762623' post='2296965']
Disregarding the RV-and-counters arguments (I'm not that bored today), no-one deserves to have their boards taken down, whatever IC disagreements there may be. Good to see you have a backup and a thoroughly justified EoG listing. If there are other bad things in the backstory as Salithus's quit message suggests then that's a separate issue, but he still shouldn't have taken the boards down.
[/quote]
Thank you.

This also happened to coincide with our recent influx of 30+ members, and all of our effort towards organizing them into our military and trade circle structure was wiped out. We only lost about 4 days, but this was a really bad 4 days to lose.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='ktarthan' date='13 May 2010 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1273763052' post='2296970']
Thank you.

This also happened to coincide with our recent influx of 30+ members, and all of our effort towards organizing them into our military and trade circle structure was wiped out. We only lost about 4 days, but this was a really bad 4 days to lose.
[/quote]Oh God, I forgot about that. I hope spari had most of her TC work saved on her comp or something or she's in for a fun day today, rofl.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='13 May 2010 - 12:33 AM' timestamp='1273725187' post='2296720']
That's not what the EoG list is, but quite frankly, PZI is too good for salithus.

Were it not for my never-ending paranoia, forcing me to save a database dump every once in a while, we'd have been extremely screwed.
[/quote]

Cool, I didn't know what the list was; crashing a forum is such a disgusting move, good luck with the transition and I hope this is the last time we see this happen to any alliance. Maybe all of our communities should learn from your preparedness so that the effect of this roguery can be repeatedly minimized.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='12 May 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1273720712' post='2296605']
You also tried to get me rolled for simply trading with someone. Not to mentioned how you tried to get OcUK rolled after they stood up to you. You tech raided them. They didn't like it and didn't take it. Don't try to sweetheart me. We all know you're bullies and cowards at heart.
[/quote]

They tried to get me rolled when I sent a nation aid and a few days later that nation attacked GOONS. And when my alliance (RIA) said no, they threatened them with war. We pretty much laughed at that, though, and they backed down.

I wouldn't call them 'terrible' or 'evil' or 'jerks' because that would be giving them far more credit than they really deserve, at least thus far. They really haven't done much.

At the same time, they have some good members and a good sense of humor, plus they share the same home as me (outside of this world) so a lot of their humor jives with mine.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Vilien' date='13 May 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1273778122' post='2297110']
I'd say something snide here like "one down, one to go", but this is an OOC forum. Good luck getting everything sorted out.
[/quote]

which one is the 'one to go', might I ask? :huh:

I wonder when people will stop giving people who fly off the handle forum root. At least ask for it or something. I do wonder why he did fly over the handle bars though.

EoG is just another name for PZI in my book. But, he does deserve in that case. I hope you make up your 4 days of work. Good luck Goons

[quote name='Believland' date='13 May 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1273778616' post='2297115']
I wonder when people will stop giving people who fly off the handle forum root. At least ask for it or something. I do wonder why he did fly over the handle bars though.

EoG is just another name for PZI in my book. But, he does deserve in that case. I hope you make up your 4 days of work. Good luck Goons
[/quote]

it was his forum.

[quote name='Believland' date='13 May 2010 - 09:25 PM' timestamp='1273778689' post='2297116']
You :ph34r:
[/quote]

Hurf.

[quote name='nippy' date='13 May 2010 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1273778481' post='2297112']
which one is the 'one to go', might I ask? :huh:
[/quote]
Don't be alarmed, it's not you.

Upon further analysis of the moral ramifications of the situation, I have come to this conclusion:

o/ :(( GOONS :((:P

I mean, if you did indeed make jibes about his wife, that wasn't cool, but certainly no excuse to yank a forum. So even if salithus was telling the truth, you GOONS have the higher ground.

[quote name='Uralica' date='13 May 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1273779707' post='2297128']
I mean, if you did indeed make jibes about his wife, that wasn't cool, but certainly no excuse to yank a forum. So even if salithus was telling the truth, you GOONS have the higher ground.
[/quote]

I'm not even sure what was said or who said it. The rest of the alliance had nothing to do with the wife thing, obviously...whatever was said, it didn't take place on the forums.

Obviously nobody supports people taking down alliance forums without the consent of the rest of the alliance, whether it's done by Lake, DarkFoxDemon or Salithus. Assuming that that's really what happened (there's been a bit of a rash of people claiming OOC forum interference because they wanted to punish someone else IC) then nobody should support it, whatever the reason was, because you really are punishing a community when you attack their forums.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='13 May 2010 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1273780707' post='2297149']
What apparently was said about his wife?
[/quote]
As far as we know, nothing. I never heard anyone say anything about his wife, and both the people he named have said they did nothing of the sort.

Edited by ktarthan