GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='13 May 2010 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1273780707' post='2297149']
What apparently was said about his wife?
[/quote]

Probably something about having pretty low standards for marrying a neckbeard.

Edit: or nothing, that too :P

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penkala' date='13 May 2010 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1273776966' post='2297095']
They tried to get me rolled when I sent a nation aid and a few days later that nation attacked GOONS. And when my alliance (RIA) said no, they threatened them with war. We pretty much laughed at that, though, and they backed down.

I wouldn't call them 'terrible' or 'evil' or 'jerks' because that would be giving them far more credit than they really deserve, at least thus far. They really haven't done much.

At the same time, they have some good members and a good sense of humor, plus they share the same home as me (outside of this world) so a lot of their humor jives with mine.
[/quote]

I'm led to believe that you're being willfully dishonest here, especially considering that you were part of the situation yourself and should know exactly what happened. You did not aid a nation that attacked GOONS a few days later. You aided an alliance that was AT WAR with GOONS. The declaration of war was on the OWF. That part is pretty cut and dry. When we went to your government we were basically insulted for being a "lulz" alliance and told to $%&@ off. The only reason the situation was resolved was because we spoke to Delta after that, and he's the only really reasonable one in your alliance.

I don't really appreciate you coming into a thread that has nothing to do with that incident and spreading lies and hate in one of your constant tirades against GOONS.

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='Penkala' date='13 May 2010 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1273776966' post='2297095']
They tried to get me rolled when I sent a nation aid and a few days later that nation attacked GOONS. And when my alliance (RIA) said no, they threatened them with war. We pretty much laughed at that, though, and they backed down.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Indeed. GOONS will only bring it so long as they have 10 to 1 odds. Any lower and acting tough might provide a risk. Can't have that now can we? So they go tuck their tail between their legs and scurry off.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='13 May 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1273788744' post='2297252']
[color="#0000FF"]Indeed. GOONS will only bring it so long as they have 10 to 1 odds. Any lower and acting tough might provide a risk. Can't have that now can we? So they go tuck their tail between their legs and scurry off.[/color]
[/quote]
Hey remember last war when we fought NATO, and UCN, and LSF, and ADI, and LSN? I assure you, "it" was sufficiently "brought".

[quote name='ktarthan' date='13 May 2010 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1273790208' post='2297269']
Hey remember last war when we fought NATO, and UCN, and LSF, and ADI, and LSN? I assure you, "it" was sufficiently "brought".
[/quote]

You're a GOON, therefore all words out of your mouth are lies!!!!!

[quote name='ktarthan' date='13 May 2010 - 06:37 PM' timestamp='1273790208' post='2297269']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Quit acting like you were alone. You were a marginal contributor to the war and fought against alliances that were already vastly outnumbered. I'm not impressed.[/color]

I couldn't force myself to read past page 2 (in fact I skipped the most of it too) because the thread had already been seized by RV (nothing bad, RV is RV and incidentally I like his ways).
Anyway, I have something to say about the OP.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='13 May 2010' timestamp='1273713739' post='2296452']As of right now salithus is hereby exiled from GOONS and labeled as an Enemy Of GOONS.

While it is regretful that it has come to this, this action has been taken as the result of salithus
[url=http://goonbase.com/gone.html]taking down the forums[/url].[/quote]
Now, salithus's taking down your forums has clear IC repercussions (you do IC stuff on your forums, don't you?), thus your placing him on the EoG list is fully understandable (regardless of how "ZI-lists" and similar are silly, but I digress).

The rationale you GOONS present is perfectly reasonable and I commend you for not having tried to sling mud on anybody, limiting yourself to the facts (that salithus took down your forums, whatever good or bad reason he had, and your reaction).

[quote name='Sardonic' date='13 May 2010' timestamp='1273713739' post='2296452']Any and all alliances that salithus has embassy access to are requested to remove his access.

In addition we are moving forums to here: this may take some time however so please bear with us.

Edit: Forum is now up.
http://cngoons.com/Board/index.php[/quote]
Thanks for these two terse notices: again a flawless demeanour on your part.

People, this is how OOC and IC can live together in a "forum attack" announcement. My utmost respect for the OP quoted above.

[b]tl;dr: Facts > Reputation[/b]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='13 May 2010 - 04:41 PM' timestamp='1273794045' post='2297321']
[color="#0000FF"]Quit acting like you were alone. You were a marginal contributor to the war and fought against alliances that were already vastly outnumbered. I'm not impressed.[/color]
[/quote]
Obviously we were a marginal contributor as a 1.5m NS alliance with a large lower tier in a 300m+ NS war, but so what? For our size we performed great.

At our peak we were supplying 140 offensive wars, and absorbing 117 defensive wars. We lost about 1/3 of our original NS. There was no talk of turning tail or running - in fact, that was the most active our alliance had been to that point, and the most fun most of us have had. We had help, but it was far from one-sided.

[quote name='jerdge' date='13 May 2010 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1273794924' post='2297332']
I couldn't force myself to read past page 2 (in fact I skipped the most of it too) because the thread had already been seized by RV (nothing bad, RV is RV and incidentally I like his ways).
Anyway, I have something to say about the OP.

Now, salithus's taking down your forums has clear IC repercussions (you do IC stuff on your forums, don't you?), thus your placing him on the EoG list is fully understandable (regardless of how "ZI-lists" and similar are silly, but I digress).

The rationale you GOONS present is perfectly reasonable and I commend you for not having tried to sling mud on anybody, limiting yourself to the facts (that salithus took down your forums, whatever good or bad reason he had, and your reaction).

Thanks for these two terse notices: again a flawless demeanour on your part.

People, this is how OOC and IC can live together in a "forum attack" announcement. My utmost respect for the OP quoted above.

[b]tl;dr: Facts > Reputation[/b]
[/quote]

Thank you for the kind words sir.

Edited by Sardonic

I am not going to pretend that I know the details of what went on here but, I do not see a rational reason someone should wreck someones forums. It seems more and more people take things to personally here. We all play roles here and that is how and where people should take out their hate or issues or whatever. Taking out forums takes things to a level beyond what we are all doing here. That it would even occur to a person to do such a thing makes me wonder if some people should just step away for awhile and remember this is all in fun. GOONS I hope you get it all fixed and get things back on track. Good luck.

Edited by The Big Bad

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='13 May 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1273800963' post='2297417']
GOONS not even treating their own members with respect? Why am I not surprised.

That aside, never anything good about attacks on your forums, and best of luck with getting forums back online.
[/quote]

You might as well have written "TL;DR" since obviously you didn't read the thread. We've explained our position multiple times, and yet people, such as yourself, jump to the rash conclusion that we, as an alliance, must have done something wrong.

[quote name='dalstrs' date='13 May 2010 - 09:47 PM' timestamp='1273801656' post='2297429']
Darksol, this happens in all our threads. Some people see the alliance GOONS and their mind is made up before they even read the first sentence.
[/quote]Yeah, it really does. Why is that? Don't get me wrong, I know we're dicks xD. But holy hell, I wasn't aware people were 2 dimensional - let alone that alliances, with _more than one person_, were 2 dimensional.

Amazing, really. Learn something new every day.

[quote name='Archanis' date='13 May 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1273802815' post='2297463']
Yeah, it really does. Why is that? Don't get me wrong, I know we're dicks xD. But holy hell, I wasn't aware people were 2 dimensional - let alone that alliances, with _more than one person_, were 2 dimensional.

Amazing, really. Learn something new every day.
[/quote]

When you take a name you take its history and that is what people judge you on until you change it. Just the way things work I am afraid.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='13 May 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1273804201' post='2297491']
When you take a name you take its history and that is what people judge you on until you change it. Just the way things work I am afraid.
[/quote]
I think it's a little difficult to change history, but I'm not against the idea of trying! :P

[quote name='Darksol' date='13 May 2010 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1273804844' post='2297500']
I think it's a little difficult to change history, but I'm not against the idea of trying! :P
[/quote]

Don't. As much as people complain about alliances like GOONS or \m/ or NPO they are vital to keeping things interesting. And we need that bady anymore.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='13 May 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1273805414' post='2297512']
Don't. As much as people complain about alliances like GOONS or \m/ or NPO they are vital to keeping things interesting. And we need that bady anymore.
[/quote]Couldn't decipher your last sentence, but I got the rest of it. And I agree - we're a necessity to this game. The darkness that keeps the balance against the light, if you will. Should that balance ever be broken, chaos would ensue.

CHAOS I TELLS YA!

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='14 May 2010 - 02:36 AM' timestamp='1273800963' post='2297417']
GOONS not even treating their own members with respect? Why am I not surprised.

That aside, never anything good about attacks on your forums, and best of luck with getting forums back online.
[/quote]
I suspect that the goonish and sanitarian views on respect, or how to show/give it (when it comes to internal things any way) might just possibly be a little different. Myself I have never had problems with the goonish ways, but maybe you get out ([i]no frog reference[/i]) what you put in, etc.

Hopefully the forums are about back to normal/current now so the disturbance was corrected, and I hope that this was the last problem of this kind to happen GOONS :)

[quote name='Darksol' date='13 May 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1273801267' post='2297419']
You might as well have written "TL;DR" since obviously you didn't read the thread. We've explained our position multiple times, and yet people, such as yourself, jump to the rash conclusion that we, as an alliance, must have done something wrong.
[/quote]

You drove what was otherwise a dedicated member and ardent supporter of GOONS to take your forums down, sounds like something that comes from at least a little wrong doing.

And your right, i didn't read all six pages, I read the first two and face-palmed so hard I decided to spend my time elsewhere. As for this "explaining", talk is cheap, and (OOC) Richard Nixon claimed he was not a crook and Bill Clinton said he didn't have sexual relations with that woman, considering what salithus did here, I find it hard to believe that GOONS is innocent.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='14 May 2010 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1273879193' post='2298059']
You drove what was otherwise a dedicated member and ardent supporter of GOONS to take your forums down, sounds like something that comes from at least a little wrong doing.

And your right, i didn't read all six pages, I read the first two and face-palmed so hard I decided to spend my time elsewhere. As for this "explaining", talk is cheap, and (OOC) Richard Nixon claimed he was not a crook and Bill Clinton said he didn't have sexual relations with that woman, considering what salithus did here, I find it hard to believe that GOONS is innocent.
[/quote]

This is pretty funny considering your analogies are more apt when applied to Salithus and not GOONS as a whole.

This is hardly the first time someone has taken forums down because something didn't go their way. If you read sardonic's blog, it becomes pretty clear salithus had a differing vision of how GOONS needed to operate and it didn't look like there was agreement. So assuming any wrong-doing, unless you call not wanting to restructure gov a certain way wrong-doing, has taken place is a leap.

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='14 May 2010 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1273879193' post='2298059']
And your right, i didn't read all six pages, I read the first two and face-palmed so hard I decided to spend my time elsewhere.
[/quote]

And yet you still posted. The fact that you admit to not reading the whole thread just shows that you're just like RV. Running off to make your own conclusions without learning all the facts.

Edited by Darksol