Rating Alliances 2: The Lesser Giants

New Frontier

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='22 April 2010 - 01:45 PM' timestamp='1271961916' post='2270895']
The Resistance - 1/10: Another cookie cutter alliance.
Asgaard - 1/10: See above.
Phoenix Rising - 1/10: Another cookie cutter alliance.
Ubercon - 1/10: Another cookie cutter alliance.
United Commonwealth of Nations - 1/10: Another cookie cutter group.
The Corporation - 2/10: Another worthless cookie cutter. The thing is this one pretends that its decent.
[/quote]

But without cookie cutters, all you'd have is misshapen blobs of dough, dear Mr Virginia.

Honestly, it can get a little difficult to rate the lower-tiered alliances, especially the ones you haven't heard of. (Like us. Mwahaha.) Besides, sometimes that tier ends up making news for all the wrong reasons. Still, at this point one could say that they're mainly developing their personalities; at one point even the vaunted New Pacific Order, the Mostly Harmless Alliance, or even the Mushroom Kingdom were in this position, defining themselves.

PS: Genuine Phoenix Rising cookie cutters, made with genuine Illespont Islands lead, can be ordered at our crafts store, allthesame.ii.phr. Specify favoured shape; we'll just ignore it, but at least it's good for a laugh.

PPS: As far as ratings..no, I'm not going to rate them. Not even GGA. And as far as Phoenix Rising..who? :)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prior to returning to help with GGA, I spent about 6 months or so in retirement, so I'm not really current on a lot of these alliances, so to be fair I will not rate them.

Silence - N/A
NATO - N/A
Global Order of Darkness - N/A
We Are Perth Army - N/A
Global Democratic Alliance - N/A
World Federation - 0
Argent - N/A
The Phoenix Federation N/A
Genesis N/A
Imperial Assault Alliance 4 or 5
Regnum Invictorum N/A
New Sith Order 8
The Resistance N/A
Asgaard 3 or 4
Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence and Sadism 7
Greenland Republic n/a
Phoenix Rising 1 (Qaianna is the only point)
AGW Overlords n/a
Ubercon n/a
Carpe Diem 7
iFOK n/a
Coalition of Christian Countries n/a
Monos Archein n/a
Valhalla 5
United Commonwealth of Nations n/a
The United Front n/a
Green Old Party 6 (would be higher if I understood what "soft neutral" meant)
Fellowship of Elite Allied Republics n/a
Union of Integrated National Entities n/a
\m/ - was a 1, now a 7
Order of the Black Rose n/a
Echelon n/a
Ronin - depending on who in Ronin I'm talking to, 1 or 6
The German Empire n/a
The Corporation n/a
Seaworthy Liberian Cardboard Boxes n/a
The Sweet Oblivion 0 (always as long as SAM is there)
Grand Global Alliance - 5, we still have a lot of work to do to get us back up in the rankings
Federation of Allied Republics - 4 (so much tech to gRAMlins)
Gondor - 7

Edited by Jonathan Brookbank

Global Order of Darkness - 8 - Based off Xiphosis. One of the best leaders.
Imperial Assault Alliance - 9 - See above, just replace Xiph with Chimaera.
Asgaard - 9 - Some of \m/'s closest friends...hope it goes places.
iFOK - 8 - Epic.
Valhalla - 8 - Cool people.
The Corporation - 9 - Probably \m/'s second best friend after PC.
Seaworthy Liberian Cardboard Boxes - 8 - Epic.
Grand Global Alliance - 8 - JB is cool.

Rest of you guys suck.

[quote name='Voytek' date='22 April 2010 - 06:16 AM' timestamp='1271913388' post='2270328']
\m/ - 4. WE SO HARDCORE MAAAAAAN
[/quote]
Is that a quote...or what?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='22 April 2010 - 07:45 PM' timestamp='1271961916' post='2270895']
\m/ - 7/10: Any alliance with Starfox at the helm can't be that bad.
[/quote]
I agree.

[quote name='Aurion' date='23 April 2010 - 05:34 AM' timestamp='1271997224' post='2271652']
\m/ - 5.5. Decent enough people, but I'd really rather you kick the whole persistent retardation thing.
[/quote]
What ever do you mean?

Edited by Starfox101

[quote name='Aurion' date='23 April 2010 - 07:34 AM' timestamp='1271997224' post='2271652']

Regnum Invictorum - ?. I honestly have no idea who the heck you are. Probably a good thing, with a name like that.

[/quote]

That's Invicta. They have re-branded after the last war.

Silence - 3 who?
NATO - 5 - I am pretty neutral, sole positive thing i can think of is there good relations with the LSF (whom i love).
Global Order of Darkness - 5 - Ok i suppose, sometimes i like them...sometimes i just shake my head.
We Are Perth ArmyN/A - Don't know them
Global Democratic Alliance - N/A - Don't know them
World Federation - N/A - Don't know them
Argent - 5 - Pretty neutral, upped the rating becuase of Diomede.
The Phoenix Federation - N/A - Don't know them
Genesis - 8 - Like Genesis alot, like Templar and Empirica even more.
Imperial Assault Alliance - 4 - Used to like them alot back in my GATO days, their reformation and subsequent attitude to ODN damaged what affection i once had. But some guys like Voodoo and such are still very cool in my book.
Regnum Invictorum - N/A - Don't know them
New Sith Order - 4- Ok in parts, no so much in other parts.
The Resistance - 7- TR are cool, I have some old comrades in TR.
AsgaardN/A - Don't know them
Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence and Sadism - 5 - I am cool with them.
Greenland Republic - 7 - GR rock.
Phoenix Rising - 1 - meh
AGW Overlords - N/A - Don't know them
Ubercon - N/A - Don't know them
Carpe Diem - N/A - Don't know them
iFOK - 4 - OK i suppose but i have not really dealt with them much, i am more familiar with FOK.
Coalition of Christian CountriesN/A - Don't know them
Monos Archein - N/A - Don't know them
Valhalla - 4 - Some cool individuals have upped the rating.
United Commonwealth of Nations - 4
The United Front - N/A - Don't know them
Green Old Party - N/A - Don't know them
Fellowship of Elite Allied Republics - 5 - fought in two wars against them now and the guys i fought were always cool.
Union of Integrated National Entities - N/A - Don't know them
\m/ - 7 - For Starfox.
Order of the Black Rose - 4
Echelon - 1 - meh
Ronin - 8
The German Empire - 4 wtf happened?
The Corporation - N/A - Don't know them
Seaworthy Liberian Cardboard BoxesN/A - Don't know them
The Sweet Oblivion - 1 - meh
Grand Global Alliance - 5 - All five points for Dementual...nuff said
Federation of Allied Republics - N/A - Don't know them
Gondor - N/A - Don't know them

Edited by Cataduanes

NATO - 8 me likes
Global Order of Darkness - 6
We Are Perth Army - 3 me not like
Argent 5 I've seen the good and bad sides of you, can't make up my mind :/
The Phoenix Federation - 8 me likes
New Sith Order - 6
Asgaard - 10 Simply because I love Stargate SG1 so much
\m/ - 1, no simply NO
Echelon - 8 me likes

I'll give this a go. :)

[QUOTE]
[b]Silence[/b] - 5. Don't know you guys too well. You seem to be cool, though. And I do like Shak.
[b]NATO[/b] - 11. Blood Brothers represent. Ain't got nothin' more to say.
[b]Global Order of Darkness[/b] - 2. Really don't like you guys... Only gave you 2 points because there are amazingly people who do you like you, and that has to count for something.
[b]We Are Perth Army[/b] - 6. Cool people with good hearts. Keep pressing on. o/
[b]Global Democratic Alliance[/b] - 5. Some decent people there. As an alliance, I could see some room for improvement.
[b]World Federation[/b] - N/A. Don't really know enough to rate you.
[b]Argent[/b] - 5. Some tasteful decisions, some non-tasteful. The people I've met from there (not many) are alright though.
[b]The Phoenix Federation[/b] - 6. Really did not like your decision in the WWE. And somehow I don't think you guys are all that ashamed about it. You get +2 because you're tied to us through a couple allies, and I guess I can't say I didn't enjoy working with you in the most recent war.
[b]Genesis[/b] - 7. Very cool people. I really do need to talk to these guys more.
[b]Imperial Assault Alliance[/b] - 2. Decisions in the past wars have made me gag, facepalm, etc. Seriously, no.
[b]Regnum Invictorum[/b] - 5. Took a beating and still kept going. Don't understand why you switched names though.
[b]New Sith Order[/b] - 5. Sometimes I don't know what to think about you. At some moments I despise you guys, the next moment I am pleasantly surprised when you show some spine. This is not to say that you haven't had your moments though.
[b]The Resistance[/b] - 6. I still like you guys. I liked you better before the treaty between us was cancelled, but I still have a soft spot. :wub: Mattski.
[b]Asgaard[/b] - N/A. Don't know enough about you to put down a proper rating.
[b]Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence and Sadism[/b] - 1. 95% of the time I despise what you say and do. 5% of the time, I actually agree with something you are saying and lol at the person who just got owned. But don't take this as a compliment. I still hate you. :wub:
[b]Greenland Republic[/b] - 4. A shell of what it used to be.
[b]Phoenix Rising[/b] - N/A. Don't know enough to rate them.
[b]AGW Overlords[/b] - N/A. Don't know enough to rate them.
[b]Ubercon[/b] - N/A. Don't know enough to rate them.
[b]Carpe Diem[/b] - 4.5. Kinda meh.
[b]iFOK[/b] - 3. You guys have always left a bad taste in my mouth. You're just lucky your "father" alliance commands so much respect. Although I don't understand why they've let you run rampant for so long.
[b]Coalition of Christian Countries[/b] - 9. Extremely loyal bunch of guys, fun community, and superb allies. Although IRC activity is rather dismal. Pick this up and I'll give you a 10.
[b]Monos Archein[/b] - 4.5. Kinda meh.
[b]Valhalla[/b] - 5. Too embedded in Hegemonic roots for my taste. You've gone through alot though, I'll give you that.
[b]United Commonwealth of Nations[/b] - 6. Did like you alot more before you had the major Government shift recently. Ever since the new Govt, communication with us, an ODP partner, has been dismal. Pick it up, and I'll give you a 7.
[b]The United Front[/b] - N/A. Don't know enough to rate them.
[b]Green Old Party[/b] - 6. Very awesome people. I just wish they weren't neutral. :wub:
[b]Fellowship of Elite Allied Republics[/b] - 6. Cool people in general. They also fought well and hard this past war. Respect.
[b]Union of Integrated National Entities[/b] - 5. Mmm. These guys are alright. Can't say I know them too well, but from what I've seen of them, I can't complain.
[b]\m/[/b] - 1. Just because you're laying low doesn't mean I forgot about you. Same as GOONS, except I pretty much never agree with what you do. *something about rogue alliance goes here.*
[b]Order of the Black Rose[/b] - N/A. Don't know enough to rate them.
[b]Echelon[/b] - Very cool people. What's left of them is quite a good core group. I would like to see them on the upswing again, as I think this is one of the few former Hegemony alliances that still has a good amount of potential.
[b]Ronin[/b] - N/A. Don't know enough to rate them.
[b]The German Empire[/b] - 3. Come on guys, pick up the ball and start dribbling.
[b]The Corporation[/b] - 2. Showing up in our allies' announcements to annoy them with insults (there is another word for this, and it's much more descriptive, but I am not allowed to say it) is not the way to get on my good side.
[b]Seaworthy Liberian Cardboard Boxes[/b] - 3. Stickmen/iFOK related. Ew.
[b]The Sweet Oblivion[/b] - 7. They've been great allies to us for years now. Most relationships do not stay this good for this long. For you naysayers, get a grip. If you've got these guys on your side, they're not only fun to be around, but an asset.
[b]Grand Global Alliance[/b] - 3. Way past your time, guys.
[b]Federation of Allied Republics[/b] - N/A. Don't know enough to rate them.
[b]Gondor[/b] - N/A. Don't know enough to rate them.
[/QUOTE]

Edited by GearHead

I see far too many "Don't know them" in combination with Phoenix Rising.
This is a bit of a two edged sword: On one hand (the positive view) PhR has not messed up in such a way that it was noticed on a global scale, but the other side is we're not known yet.

I'd like to invite all alliances who don't know us yet, to send over ambassadors. You might like what you find ;)

For me 5 is indifferent, below 5 is dislike, above 5 is like. N/A means I have not heard of them.

Silence- 5
NATO - 8
Global Order of Darkness - 5
We Are Perth Army -5
Global Democratic Alliance -5
World Federation -5
Argent- 5
The Phoenix Federation -6
Genesis -10
Imperial Assault Alliance - 8
Regnum Invictorum -3
New Sith Order -5
The Resistance -5
Asgaard -N/A
Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence and Sadism -8
Greenland Republic -7
Phoenix Rising -N/A
AGW Overlords - N/A
Ubercon- N/A
Carpe Diem - 8
iFOK - 5
Coalition of Christian Countries -10
Monos Archein -5
Valhalla -6
United Commonwealth of Nations - 5
The United Front -N/A
Green Old Party- N/A
Fellowship of Elite Allied Republics - 5
Union of Integrated National Entities - 7
\m/ - 7
Order of the Black Rose - 8
Echelon -5
Ronin -8
The German Empire- 5
The Corporation- 5
Seaworthy Liberian Cardboard Boxes -5
The Sweet Oblivion - 1
Grand Global Alliance -3
Federation of Allied Republics - 9
Gondor- 5

Silence - 4
NATO - 6
Global Order of Darkness - 4
We Are Perth Army - 2
Global Democratic Alliance - 6
World Federation - N/A
Argent - N/A
The Phoenix Federation - 5 (getting better)
Genesis - 6
Imperial Assault Alliance - 2
Regnum Invictorum - 4
New Sith Order - N/A
The Resistance - N/A
Asgaard - N/A
Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence and Sadism - 5
Greenland Republic - 3
Phoenix Rising - N/A
AGW Overlords - N/A
Ubercon - N/A
Carpe Diem - 9
iFOK - 2 (nice little demographic experiment)
Coalition of Christian Countries - 5
Monos Archein - 1
Valhalla - 4 (ChairmanHal)
United Commonwealth of Nations - 6
The United Front - N/A
Green Old Party - 1
Fellowship of Elite Allied Republics - 5
Union of Integrated National Entities - N/A
\m/ - 1
Order of the Black Rose - 3
Echelon - 4 (improving)
Ronin - N/A
The German Empire - 3 (a poor man's Nordreich)
The Corporation - N/A
Seaworthy Liberian Cardboard Boxes - 1
The Sweet Oblivion - 2
Grand Global Alliance - 5
Federation of Allied Republics - N/A
Gondor - 3

I don't know half of these alliances, sorry.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='23 April 2010 - 05:19 AM' timestamp='1272014334' post='2271869']
What ever do you mean?
[/quote]

I was a bit less than enthused about the way the last war kicked off, and the alliances that were direct ancestors to \m/ had a bad habit of faceplanting at every opportunity (as in, Bel Air, and before that RAD and IS).

It's probably unfair to judge like that, but it fits my definition of persistent.

[quote name='ratonbox' date='23 April 2010 - 07:40 AM' timestamp='1272022815' post='2271924']
That's Invicta. They have re-branded after the last war.
[/quote]

...That's really, really, [i]really [/i]lame.

[quote name='Andre27' date='23 April 2010 - 01:38 PM' timestamp='1272044307' post='2272142']
I see far too many "Don't know them" in combination with Phoenix Rising.
This is a bit of a two edged sword: On one hand (the positive view) PhR has not messed up in such a way that it was noticed on a global scale, but the other side is we're not known yet.

I'd like to invite all alliances who don't know us yet, to send over ambassadors. You might like what you find ;)
[/quote]

Personally, I'd welcome it, like I am with some of the scores on Asgaard. Being in the spotlight means you did something wrong at some point.

[indent]Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.
Sun Tzu [/indent]
How does one go about assessing alliances when some might just be students of Sun Tzu?

Edited by Yggdrazil

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='23 April 2010 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1272046705' post='2272177']
Personally, I'd welcome it, like I am with some of the scores on Asgaard. Being in the spotlight means you did something wrong at some point.
[/quote]

True, but unknown is unloved as well. We aim to maintain good relations with all without losing our identity.
To maintain good relations one has to get to know each other first.

Silence - N/A
NATO - 3, I guess I base this on war performance, because yours in the last war was p. bad.
Global Order of Darkness - 7, Xiph, Big Z and Mimoux are cool dudes.
We Are Perth Army - 4. Even though you fought on our side, you gave many people plenty of heachaches.
Global Democratic Alliance - 4
World Federation - 6, seem like cool dudes.
Argent - 8. Janax and Dio are good dudes. Happy they went non-chaining.
The Phoenix Federation - 2. I haven't seen any improvement.
Genesis - 6. Seem like decent folk
Imperial Assault Alliance - N/A
Regnum Invictorum - N/A
New Sith Order - 6. While you're pretty arrogant and just had the crap beaten out of you, but you do have a striving community that sticks together, and I do respect that.
The Resistance - N/A
Asgaard - 7. Seem to be growing and decent enough to work with.
Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence and Sadism - 9. Love me some GOONS.
Greenland Republic - 5. Pretty quiet these days.
Phoenix Rising - N/A
AGW Overlords - N/A
Ubercon - N/A
Carpe Diem - N/A
iFOK - 5
Coalition of Christian Countries - 6. They stick together, to say the least.
Monos Archein - N/A
Valhalla - 3 lol
United Commonwealth of Nations - 6
The United Front - N/A
Green Old Party - 5
Fellowship of Elite Allied Republics - 6
Union of Integrated National Entities - N/A
\m/ - 6. I hope they stabilize, and eventually one of these days, finally join NOIR.
Order of the Black Rose - 7. Quiet, role-playing, but I respect them for sticking up with what they believe.
Echelon - 4. I give them 3 points because Tela consistently reminds Umbrella of our roots, because we're pretty bad at forgetting about them.
Ronin - 7. AirMe is a cool dude.
The German Empire - N/A
The Corporation - 6. Have somewhat decent tech dealers.
Seaworthy Liberian Cardboard Boxes - 6. Koel came from there, so I think something is going on right, even if his box is no longer seaworthy.
The Sweet Oblivion - 6. I wasn't around to see why everyone hates them, but my interactions with them since post karma war have been usually pleasant. Cool flag too.
Grand Global Alliance - 2. I had hope that maybe JB would turn them around, yeah I was wrong. Also, when someone in your stable trade circle leaves black and goes to green to join GGA, you can't but help feel bitter about it. Pretty sure this alliance will collapse eventually.
Federation of Allied Republics - N/A
Gondor - N/A

[quote name='Biazt' date='23 April 2010 - 01:08 PM' timestamp='1272042506' post='2272121']
I'm surprised at all the hate GOONS is getting considering we're barely 1 year old. I guess the old prejudices aren't quite dead yet.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No. I'm not a man who holds grudges. Furthermore, the members and the government of the old GOONS did not carry over into this new one. So really all we have is a cheap knock off of the original, which as much as I disliked I could respect to some extent. Really, you fellows are just obnoxious and annoying. No redeeming qualities.

And I never thought I would say this, but your claiming to be a continuation of the original GOONS is an insult to that alliance.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='23 April 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1272054188' post='2272296']
[color="#0000FF"]No. I'm not a man who holds grudges. Furthermore, the members and the government of the old GOONS did not carry over into this new one. So really all we have is a cheap knock off of the original, which as much as I disliked I could respect to some extent. Really, you fellows are just obnoxious and annoying. No redeeming qualities.

And I never thought I would say this, but your claiming to be a continuation of the original GOONS is an insult to that alliance.[/color]
[/quote]

Gonna have to agree with this. The old GOONS were awesomely evil. The new GOONS is kinda like, hahahaha smell our evil foot fungus. ^_^

[color="#1C2837"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"][b]Silence (6.0)[/b] - Pretty cool guys, but they've been fairly quiet lately.[/size][/font][/color]
[color="#1C2837"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"][b]Global Order of Darkness (8.0)[/b] - Awesome allies, and they've got some great members, too.
[b]We Are Perth Army (3.5)[/b] - Bi-Polar showed just how terrible at war these guys are.
[b]World Federation (9.0)[/b] - Very cool people, Green Sphere alliance, and a loyal ally.
[b]Argent (7.0)[/b] - Was honored to do battle with them during Bi-Polar. Extremely competent fighters, and overall good people.
[b]The Phoenix Federation (2.0)[/b] - Ridiculous actions almost resulted in what we now know of as the WWE (Worst War Ever).
[b]Imperial Assault Alliance (7.0)[/b] - Good allies with GATO, and they've got some friendly people as well.
[b]New Sith Order (4.0)[/b] - Never been a fan of their overly-cocky attitude.
[b]Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence and Sadism (3.5)[/b] - They're an active Tech Raiding alliance, and a resurrection of the old GOONS.
[b]Phoenix Rising (7.5)[/b] - Got some cool people, and they're on the Green Sphere.
[b]iFOK (8.0)[/b] - Loyal allies, great government, and +1 for being Dutch.
[b]Coalition of Christian Countries (7.0)[/b] - Don't know them well, but I like their theme.[b]
Green Old Party (7.5)[/b] - Interesting group of people, and they're on the Green Sphere.
[b]\m/ (4.5)[/b] - Would give them a lower score, but they get a +1 for putting a stop to Tech Raiding in their alliance.
[b]Order of the Black Rose (7.0)[/b] - Hime Themis is a cool guy, and OBR is an interesting alliance in general.
[b]Echelon (6.5)[/b] - Heard some good things about these guys. Decent fighters, etc.
[b]The Corporation (6.0)[/b] - Used to be fairly forum-active, but they've gone a bit quiet lately.
[b]Grand Global Alliance (2.0)[/b] - Their government is a ridiculous joke, and they're destined to fail in the near future. +1 for having Dementual though.
[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Kayvaan Shrike

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='23 April 2010 - 03:36 PM' timestamp='1272054946' post='2272313']
Gonna have to agree with this. The old GOONS were awesomely evil. The new GOONS is kinda like, hahahaha smell our evil foot fungus. ^_^
[/quote]
Well the new GOONS doesn't have as many somethingawful.com people (aka goons) as the old did it?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='23 April 2010 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1272054188' post='2272296']
[color="#0000FF"]
[/quote]

Where did I claim to be a continuation of the original GOONS?

[quote name='Mustakrakish II' date='23 April 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1272061261' post='2272408']
Well the new GOONS doesn't have as many somethingawful.com people (aka goons) as the old did it?
[/quote]

Our members are 99% from SomethingAwful.

[quote name='Biazt' date='23 April 2010 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1272061941' post='2272415']
Where did I claim to be a continuation of the original GOONS?

Our members are 99% from SomethingAwful.
[/quote]

I never read anything you type on account of your avatar.

[quote name='Mustakrakish II' date='23 April 2010 - 03:56 AM' timestamp='1271991396' post='2271520']
So, how is we (Asgaard) a cookie cutter alliance?
[/quote]

We are like these cookie cutters
[img]http://cache.fancyflours.com/fancyflours/images/items/cookie-cutter-set-dinosaur-6pc.jpg[/img]