An Apology to TDO

As many of you may be aware, ADI has recently come under attack by an alliance known as Semper Tyrannis. This group has spent some time in planning a very well-coordinated attack on ADI, which has caused a great deal of damage.

Before you ask, no, this is not an attack on them. In fact, it may be fairly close to the opposite. You see, Semper and ADI have finally had the chance to sit down and discuss why this happened, and what the future holds for this war.

The reason that Semper Tyrannis attacked was not for some sort of gain, or trying to troll us. It was simply an act of honor and to say thanks to an alliance that took them in when their former alliance disbanded. Semper Tyrannis was attacking ADI for how they treated TDO in their past.

And do you want to know something? ADI thinks that they are right in doing this. And so, we wish to apologize to TDO. Whether or not they forgive us is not for us to decide, but the least we can do is give an apology so long overdue.

From the very beginning, TDO, our history has not been a peaceful one. You may recall how the founders of ADI left TDO, and why they did it. From there, we had quite a few problems, unable to cooperate, with ADI definitely agitating you. We even had to apologize because of a diplomat we sent to you, who turned out to not be very…diplomatic. And then, the final straw broke. According to our leadership, one of your members was harassing a new member of ADI.

So how do we react? We threaten war. We threaten to attack an alliance that has only ever known neutrality, something that you have believed in since I was a member, and have since I left. That we even considered attacking you was, in retrospect, an obvious assault on ethics and values. That we would breach that trust of neutrality, when you did nothing to break it, was wrong. ADI should never have threatened to go to war.

There was also another incident, and this one was a little less known to the membership. Our once-great leader and founder of ADI, John Warbuck, had apparently made plans to force an alliance-wide attack on TDO, a neutral alliance that gave many of us a home and the skills and help we needed to grow our nations. Most government members of ADI were unaware that said plans existed, which can most likely be traced back to blind following of a great leader. Nonetheless, those plans shocked us and we never would have agreed to it. The Government and general membership of the Aqua Defense Initiative therefore want to offer the people of The Democratic Order an apology that these plans were ever made. John Warbuck has left the Aqua Defense Initiative and decided to leave Planet Bob for good as well. Members of Semper Tyrannis are therefore free to continue attacks on his nation until it self-deletes if they choose to do so.

But, perhaps most importantly, ADI should be apologizing for the beginning. I think, had it started out differently, we could have been on a different page altogether, one that would have been a lot nicer. But instead, we start by trying to aggravate you. Our whole existence started with disliking you, it seemed. And this, too, is wrong.

TDO, ADI has finally come to realize its mistakes, and hopefully not too late. For its part, ADI is ready to move on, and to acknowledge the wrong it has done to you. All we can ask – nay, hope – for, is that you will take this in the same good faith in which it was sent. It will definitely be a long road to recovery from the start, one that you would have good reason not to want. But I speak for those now in ADI in saying that we want to mature, and this is definitely where it needs to begin.

We are apologizing now because we want to solve these issues once and for all and have no more grudges between our two alliances. The Aqua Defense Initiative is ready to move on, start fresh and once again become a part of Planet Bob. ADI will do whatever it can to ensure that mistakes made by John Warbuck and ADI will never happen again. Soon we will start a democratic discussion and voting upon our next steps. In these talks we plan on making important changes to our government, our charter, foreign policies and other important aspects of an alliance. I hope that TDO can accept this apology and hopefully open relations with a new ADI. We want to start by signing TDO's Declaration of Global Neutrality. We will show the world that this new ADI holds no grudges and is here to show why it originally was formed: truth, honesty, and peace.

Signed,
[list]
[*]Nathan Grant, [i]Lord High Sentinel[/i]
[*]Hamil of Kaplechistan, [i]Judicator[/i]
[*]Archon Daverin, [i]Arbiter[/i]
[*]Shadeslayers09, [i]Lord of Foreign Affairs[/i]
[*]Magister Populi of Latium, [i]Lord of Internal Affairs [/i]
[*]Bobogoobo, [i]Lord of Finance[/i]
[/list]

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' date='09 April 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1270871180' post='2255091']
Well, Napoleon, you really hung Snowball out to dry.
[/quote]

Great reference.

It's nice to know that ADI encourages attacks on them to get revenge for their actions in the past. That's a policy I think Planet Bob can get behind.

[quote name='Mathias' date='10 April 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1270872398' post='2255112']
Great reference.

It's nice to know that ADI encourages attacks on them to get revenge for their actions in the past. That's a policy I think Planet Bob can get behind.
[/quote]

We realise the wrong doings while under the warbuck era, now that we are out, we are trying to get rid of the stigma that has been left behind cause of warbuck

[quote name='shadeslayers09' date='10 April 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1270872523' post='2255114']
We realise the wrong doings while under the warbuck era, now that we are out, we are trying to get rid of the stigma that has been left behind cause of warbuck
[/quote]

I think the best way to do that would be to lay low. Warbuck had a habit of not shutting up that made his actions seem worse.

That said best of luck trying to shed that image.

Why should we believe you this time? I once liked ADI, and even defended you guys in this place. No more.

[quote]
So how do we react? We threaten war. We threaten to attack an alliance that has only ever known neutrality, something that you have believed in since I was a member, and have since I left. That we even considered attacking you was, in retrospect, an obvious assault on ethics and values. That we would breach that trust of neutrality, when you did nothing to break it, was wrong. ADI should never have threatened to go to war.[/quote]

^ Pretty much here, everyone should stop respecting you.

Best of luck, you need it.

I have nothing against you but
To say most of ADI's gov were not aware of plans to attack TDO...come on... really?
Your allies FEAR and ROK were even ready to commit an offensive war against TDO, I think that was a big enough clue for anyone to follow.

But glad to see an apology, & good luck rebuilding.

[quote name='Enrage' date='10 April 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1270874449' post='2255151']
I have nothing against you but
To say most of ADI's gov were not aware of plans to attack TDO...come on... really?
Your allies FEAR and ROK were even ready to commit an offensive war against TDO, I think that was a big enough clue for anyone to follow.

But glad to see an apology, & good luck rebuilding.
[/quote]

at the time of this happening, i was low gov, i was kept out of basically everything that went on

[quote name='Rickyman1984' date='10 April 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1270873383' post='2255127']
I don't think many alliances would view attacks on them in the same way as you guys are (and rightfully so).

That being said, I appreciate your desire to move beyond your somewhat turbulent past, it's a difficult thing to do and best of luck.
[/quote]
Unlike him i think TDO should revoke the DoN and roll ADI!

It seems to me that the best way to get over all of this is to stop making posts on the OWF for a while and focus internally. Judging on the amount of leadership changes I've seen coming from you guys lately you need to really work on stability, and only then should you be worried about anything else.

Lay low, stop making announcements, please, and get your stuff together.

[quote name='mylife125' date='09 April 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1270874907' post='2255161']
Unlike him i think TDO should revoke the DoN and roll ADI!
[/quote]

Not speaking in any official form but TDO doesn't roll anyone, kind of part of the 'ol DGN.

Good luck to you, ADI. I truly hope you can move past all this and gain some respect with future decisions. You have fantastic allies that have stood by you in your time of trouble, and from what I gather, a new government that is willing to put in the internal work to make your alliance better.

I have officially lost any shred of respect I had for ADI with this announcement. You're so worried about your image on the OWF that you decide to kiss up to everyone by coming up with this fake apology. You decide to make Warbuck your fall guy by attempting to blame him for what is all of your collective faults. Now you're apologizing to a bunch of rogue nations for attacking you? Really? I feel bad for FEAR and NATO. They are great alliances. You've done a good job at making them look like fools for deciding to back you guys up. Not being able to stick to your guns is what got you in trouble in the first place with RoK. You are so worried about the image of the alliance, yet you somehow managed to lose any sense of honor. ADI, you are officially the most spineless alliance planet bob has ever seen. This announcement is nothing but an attempt to gain good PR at the cost of all the people you've decided to maliciously throw under the bus on grounds that, quite frankly, you have no idea to be true or not. This is just a disgrace. Shame on all of you. The rogues were right, you are all cowards...

As for TDO, regardless of what you have to say, it's quite clear to me that you have nudged the rogues in ADI's direction. I really could care a less about what you have to say on the matter, because like most polititians, I'll just assume you're lying (and I hope I'm wrong). You're a nuetral alliance. Stay out of everyone elses business and just sit there like peaceful infra huggers you are. If you can't handle the simple task of not doing anything...then I suggest you stop pretending you're nuetral. This whole thing makes me sick, and I feel bad for anyone who puts an ounce of faith in any of you classless alliances.