An Apology to TDO

"The beginning is the most important part of any work, especially in the case of a young and tender thing; for that is the time at which the character is being formed and the desired impression more readily taken."
Plato

I've had my fair share of classes on Plato and Aristotle and still have a lot to learn, but this quote reminded me of your current situation.

I also offer this quote as well:

"A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions."
Confucius

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mylife125' date='10 April 2010 - 05:48 AM' timestamp='1270874907' post='2255161']
Unlike him i think TDO should revoke the DoN and roll ADI!
[/quote]

TDO's DoN is a joke. They cause so much trouble then when trouble comes knocking its all waaaah dont hurt us we are neutral see the document. Anyway best of luck to ADI. Maybe just maybe you can salvage some sort of reputation now Warbucks gone.

[quote name='the masheen' date='10 April 2010 - 04:20 AM' timestamp='1270887619' post='2255312']
As for TDO, regardless of what you have to say, it's quite clear to me that you have nudged the rogues in ADI's direction. I really could care a less about what you have to say on the matter, because like most polititians, I'll just assume you're lying (and I hope I'm wrong). You're a nuetral alliance. Stay out of everyone elses business and just sit there like peaceful infra huggers you are. If you can't handle the simple task of not doing anything...then I suggest you stop pretending you're nuetral. This whole thing makes me sick, and I feel bad for anyone who puts an ounce of faith in any of you classless alliances.
[/quote]

I cannot stress enough that TDO had absolutely NO knowledge about our plan or intentions to attack ADI. Our nations quietly seperated from TDO one at a time over a period of several months, and they were never informed about ANYTHING that was in store for ADI. We would never have put them in that situation. They have nothing to do with this attack. For right or wrong, the nations of Semper Tyrannis acted 100% independently.

If you wish to assign any blame to TDO, be aware that you are persecuting a completely innocent alliance. If you take issue with anything that has happened, discuss the problem with us. We did this, not TDO, and I assure you that we were not "nudged in ADI's direction" by them in any way.

Edited by mco119

[quote name='shadeslayers09' date='10 April 2010 - 07:43 AM' timestamp='1270874597' post='2255152']
at the time of this happening, i was low gov, i was kept out of basically everything that went on
[/quote]

I can vouch for this. I was low gov then too and we didn't know anything about it.
Anyway, glad to see that you are making the right steps. But I do agree with the majority. ADI should lay low for a while and try using that time to rebuild the alliance, the FA and do everything you need to, but don't post any more Alliance Announcements.

The Democratic Order thanks and acknowledges the comments from ADI and fully accepts its apology.

It is true to say that, from TDO's perspective, the birth of ADI was neither a painless nor happy experience as is often the case when strong and valued members of an alliance depart for pastures new. In such circumstances, diplomacy often seems far away and we regret past conduct between our alliances.

We neither condone, nor support the recent attacks on ADI by Semper Tyrannis and we trust that this statement from ADI is something which time alone would have brought them to if given a chance.

We look forward to establishing appropriate and neutral diplomatic relationships with ADI, as we do with any alliance, to enhance the peace within Planet Bob. We fully accept ADI's apology and signature of our Global Declaration of Neutrality.

Signed

Beauchamp - Chancellor
Theo Cupier - Founder/High Senator
Rychro Anrise - Minister of Foreign Affairs
ARCHEIN - Minister of Defense

This announcement is funny in so many ways..especially for those ex-TDO people who left during that period :awesome:

its also a kick in the balls for your founder..without him, there would be no ADI and you'd all still be in TDO, oblivious to whats going on around you

personally i dont feel much for warbuck, but to use him as scapegoat in this way is really low :rolleyes:

oh and dont try to make people believe gov didnt know about the plan to attack TDO..even those who left TDO and were not in ADI knew about it :ph34r:

Many of you forget that ADI still exists. The so called "terrorists" did not crush the spirit of ADI. This alliance continues as it always has, as a close family.

I might add, John Warbuck did what he thought was right at the time. ADI was a small alliance and other alliances close to TDO might take the opportunity to hit ADI. A show of strength was thought necessary at the time. In retrospect, it was a poor move brought about by fear of the unknown and a failure of diplomacy.

My vision for the alliance calls for a strong diplomatic corps. Aggressive military action will be discouraged and defensive military operations will be used as a last resort. As our name implies, the Aqua Defense Initiative will be a primarily defensive military alliance.

Furthermore, ADI will keep posting on the OWF. We are not going away and will be here in some form or another for a long time to come.

-Nathan Grant, Lord High Sentinel
Aqua Defense Initiative

[quote]
From the very beginning, TDO, our history has not been a peaceful one. You may recall how the founders of ADI left TDO, and why they did it. From there, we had quite a few problems, unable to cooperate, with ADI definitely agitating you. We even had to apologize because of a diplomat we sent to you, who turned out to not be very…diplomatic. And then, the final straw broke. According to our leadership, one of your members was harassing a new member of ADI.

So how do we react? We threaten war. We threaten to attack an alliance that has only ever known neutrality, something that you have believed in since I was a member, and have since I left. That we even considered attacking you was, in retrospect, an obvious assault on ethics and values. That we would breach that trust of neutrality, when you did nothing to break it, was wrong. ADI should never have threatened to go to war.[/quote]

Oh give me a !@#$@#$ break. Warbuck has made mistakes, sure, he's human.

But this was not one of them. TDO's actions during this particular situation was utterly unacceptable. TDO's MoD was harassing your members trying to guilt them into quitting ADI, and TDO did nothing about it even after Warbuck tried days after days of diplomacy, if that wasn't a perfectly valid CB I don't know what is. This was still when you were buddy buddy with RoK, and they backed you up 100%.

Now you're just digging up !@#$ on somebody who can't defend himself against these accusations, just so you can maybe score some brownie points with god knows who.

Utterly pathetic. To think I once respected you guys.

[quote name='Nathan Grant' date='10 April 2010 - 09:18 AM' timestamp='1270916297' post='2255569']
I might add, John Warbuck did what he thought was right at the time. ADI was a small alliance and other alliances close to TDO might take the opportunity to hit ADI.

Furthermore, ADI will keep posting on the OWF. We are not going away and will be here in some form or another for a long time to come.

[/quote]

That argument only holds water if you were on your own and didnt have a protector that would have gone to any lengths to protect you. Lying to your government by not disclosing your plans is never right and Warbuck, who was no stranger to lying, is something you probably do not want to be defending... unless of course you wish to repeat the mistakes of the past that have resulted in ADI's current reputation.

I am going to go against the grain here and actually say I belive there is some sincerity coming from ADI in the OP of this thread. While I wish you luck in your post Warbuck era please do yourselves a favor and just take a break from the OWF for a while. Past threads have created an almost Pavlovian response whenever we see a new one... give that some time to disapate you may find that given enough time all things can be forgotten.

Edited by KaitlinK

[quote name='Lennox' date='10 April 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1270925191' post='2255683']
Who cares what TDO thinks. They wont do anything about it.
[/quote]

Yeah, but who knows? Maybe a group of nations in TDO will finally succumb to the boredom and nothingness that is a nuetral alliance and decide to create an alliance of rogue nations in an attempt to ZI someone after realizing they had just spent all that time doing absolutely nothing thus creating the mind set that planet bob is boring and figure that they might as well go out in a bang but during the attacks realize that planet bob can actually be pretty fun if you have a little chest hair and get into some scraps every once in awhile. What if that happens?

[quote name='Theo Cupier' date='10 April 2010 - 07:36 AM' timestamp='1270899374' post='2255363']

ARCHEIN - Minister of Defense
[/quote]

A little redundant don't ya think?

Best of luck to ADI, even though you were in the right to begin with with the whole TDO thing months ago.

OMG... Am I seeing this correctly? ADI gives in to some alliance that has absolutely no real CB and in fact are 100% Terrorists? WTF is the world coming to? Should have put a boot in their back side to teach them a lesson. This does not look good for you guys at ADI at all...

However, Good luck in the future.

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='10 April 2010 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1270916740' post='2255575']

But this was not one of them. TDO's actions during this particular situation was utterly unacceptable. TDO's MoD was harassing your members trying to guilt them into quitting ADI, and TDO did nothing about it even after Warbuck tried days after days of diplomacy, if that wasn't a perfectly valid CB I don't know what is. This was still when you were buddy buddy with RoK, and they backed you up 100%.

Now you're just digging up !@#$ on somebody who can't defend himself against these accusations, just so you can maybe score some brownie points with god knows who.

[/quote]
Based off of FM's account, I'm going to have to go with the generic "poor show guys" response.

I hope you can get it together.

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' date='09 April 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1270871180' post='2255091']
Well, Napoleon, you really hung Snowball out to dry.

Methinks you should let your actions do the talking from hereon out, and leave the OWF be for a while.
[/quote]
Thats a little harsh isnt it?

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' date='10 April 2010 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1270942931' post='2255905']
...especially since based on Nathan Grant's post they still really seem not to understand what is going on.
[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. It's pretty concerning..

ADI seriously.... :huh:
For your own sake I would try and refrain from the OWF from now on... there is just something inherantly fail about your announcements generally and this one fits that bill as well.

Next time keep it in private channels and save the OWF for DOW's and treaty's only.

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='10 April 2010 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1270916740' post='2255575']

[/quote]
its ok freddy not like anyone here respects you!