The New Grämlins

Iotupa

[quote name='hizzy' date='13 April 2010 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1271195820' post='2259180']
All I've got to say on this is that hopefully people will finally learn that no matter how much you "wub" eachother (you silly little school girls, you), an eternal treaty is just a retarded idea.
[/quote]

I "wub" you for this post Hizzy. I'd sign an eternally retarded treaty with you anytime.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Cormalek' date='13 April 2010 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1271200442' post='2259280']

Also - please do, would be helluva read. If it exists.
[/quote]

And ye shall receive...

[quote]If TOP/FCC/Umb/Argent decide to attack MHA, they shouldn't get butt-hurt that Grämlins defends MHA by attacking back...but if MHA is wrong (according to us), then I'd say attack MHA along with the rest of Cit...but after the war I'd still be friends with MHA...
[/quote]

I'm sure you can get independent verification.

[quote name='scutterbug' date='13 April 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1271193954' post='2259123']
I fail to see anything militarily currently being provided to Ramlins. Please tell me how we can support them militarily when we are offering nothing?

Im sure you can do better than silly little arguments like that.
[/quote]
If an alliance decides to assist IRON against the Gramlins will MHA intervene?

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='13 April 2010 - 07:46 PM' timestamp='1271205993' post='2259380']
The million dollar question. ;)
[/quote]
I didn't see any concrete answers from him when others asked similar questions. A "yes" or "no" is all that is needed.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='13 April 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1271206208' post='2259384']
I didn't see any concrete answers from him when others asked similar questions. A "yes" or "no" is all that is needed.
[/quote]
I was agreeing with you to. :P I skimmed the thread and I was seconding your question lol.

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='13 April 2010 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1271206376' post='2259389']
I was agreeing with you to. :P I skimmed the thread and I was seconding your question lol.
[/quote]
I know. I was just clarifying why I asked that question when I know others have asked something similar incase he tried to dance around the issue.

[quote name='SynthFG' date='13 April 2010 - 05:16 PM' timestamp='1271196997' post='2259202']
Trust me I have nothing but contempt for your scum sucking little alliance and what you tried to pull
You saw us entangled with IRON, OG and Zenith and thought you could help yourselves, and then attempted to do so without even an informal hello, yet alone a DoW, ok so FH were a little late but you guys never bothered at all

Your alliance is beneath my contempt and its a huge pity that the current clusterfrack is allowing you to get away scot free
[/quote]
Yes, you were SOOO outmatched. Apparently, OG, IRON, and Zenith, who are getting hit by loads of alliances, is a significant threat to Ramlins. Right...

[quote name='scutterbug' date='13 April 2010 - 05:42 PM' timestamp='1271198536' post='2259233']
A military treaty that currently isn't being activated due to IRON agreeing to terms with us and everybody else except Gre.
A military treaty that won't be activated because IRON have told our government they wont be calling in any friends as they dont want things to escalate into another clusterbomb of a big war.[/quote]
A military treated that would be activated if someone attacked Ramlins, virtually assuring that nobody can (because you have your own allies as well).

[quote name='SynthFG' date='13 April 2010 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1271196997' post='2259202']
Trust me I have nothing but contempt for your scum sucking little alliance and what you tried to pull
You saw us entangled with IRON, OG and Zenith and thought you could help yourselves, and then attempted to do so without even an informal hello, yet alone a DoW, ok so FH were a little late but you guys never bothered at all

Your alliance is beneath my contempt and its a huge pity that the current clusterfrack is allowing you to get away scot free
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh, Lord this is rich. This is fantastic. Thank you. You've made my day. So you're telling me that the war machine that is Gremlins couldn't handle little ol' DAWN because you were at war with IRON, OG, and Zenith, who mind you were already being beat down by a million other alliances. My has Gremlins fallen. You know, back when you were a decent alliance you wouldn't have been complaining. Why, you enter into the brawl. If you get hit its your own fault. No one made you enter, especially now that you have no treaty obligations. Oh, so pathetic.[/color]

[quote]If TOP/FCC/Umb/Argent decide to attack MHA, they shouldn't get butt-hurt that Grämlins defends MHA by attacking back...but if MHA is wrong (according to us), then I'd say attack MHA along with the rest of Cit...but after the war I'd still be friends with MHA...[/quote]

The old quote "its better to stay quiet and have people think your a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it" comes to mind. Oh dear that is quite a little gem.

[quote name='shilo' date='13 April 2010 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1271197338' post='2259212']
Lol, posts like this make this thread so very special.

If you bandwagon against our only ally, even on the winning side, expect that we will defend that ally. I know you guys thought the bandwagoning would be easier for you if you choose an alliance already at war with about 30 others, so sorry you actually had to lose some of that well horded tech of yours. But that's the risk of bandwagoning :awesome:

Still, I must say I consider it a huge compliment that us defending IRON with our 12 nations while we were at war with about 20 alliances before you bandwagoned in had such a great impact on you :smug:
[/quote]

Come now. Be easy on Synth. Without Ramirus telling him what to think, he's floundering in a sea of senselessness!

He's a victim!

:D

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='13 April 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1271206208' post='2259384']
[/quote]

That would be fair too logical of an action for HARAMlins to make.

[quote name='MCRABT' date='14 April 2010 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1271201912' post='2259296']
I presume you would tarnish everyone who was ever in Continuum or allied to NPO with the same brush? Regardless I believe Karma was labelled the war of retribution, this one was about something else entirely. Just as attitudes in CN have changed since that period, attitudes in IRON have also, I'll not deny that mistakes were made in that period but I do think it is unfair for you to label us as the same alliance we were way back then, we have been through a lot since then and our attitudes and outlook on CN have changed significantly.

Perhaps you shall get a demonstration of this when we defeat Gremlins ^_^
[/quote]
Well, you're stronger than them, and much larger, good luck.

We'll see how changed you are one day, perhaps.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='13 April 2010 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1271205781' post='2259375']
If an alliance decides to assist IRON against the Gramlins will MHA intervene?
[/quote]

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='13 April 2010 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1271205993' post='2259380']
The million dollar question. ;)
[/quote]

Ram seems to know everything. Maybe he should answer that? :mad: I'm curious. A straight answer would be nice on what he expects. After all we are just puppets in his eyes.

edit- cleaned up text

Edited by masterbake

[quote name='masterbake' date='13 April 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1271215954' post='2259646']
Ram seems to know everything. Maybe he should answer that? :mad: I'm curious. A straight answer would be nice on what he expects. After all we are just puppets in his eyes.

edit- cleaned up text
[/quote]

I think the only 'yes' or 'no' answer we've seen from Gramlins is that they won't come to the peace table without unconditional surrender.

[quote name='masterbake' date='13 April 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1271215954' post='2259646']

edit- cleaned up text
[/quote]
I'm not asking the Ramlins. I'm asking someone from MHA. The question still stands and it's an easy one to answer. It's either "Yes" or "No."

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='14 April 2010 - 12:14 AM' timestamp='1271218471' post='2259698']
I'm not asking the Ramlins. I'm asking someone from MHA. The question still stands and it's an easy one to answer. It's either "Yes" or "No."
[/quote]
Considering their expressed lack of support for Gremlins so far I would think "No", but a direct answer from MHA on this would be nice.

[quote name='Methrage' date='14 April 2010 - 05:21 AM' timestamp='1271218879' post='2259701']
Considering their expressed lack of support for Gremlins so far I would think "No", but a direct answer from MHA on this would be nice.
[/quote]

The question has been asked multiple times in this thread, and each it has been intentionally ignored. Given that, I doubt they will man up and be forthright anytime soon.

Disappointing though, if they did not want this to reflect on them, now would be a good time to speak up.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='13 April 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1271218471' post='2259698']
[/quote]

I am not government but I think my feelings are pretty clear on which way I'd like our FA to go.

[quote name='Methrage' date='13 April 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1271218879' post='2259701']
[/quote]

Disagree. Several times in this thread MHA has implied that if Gramlins were to be attacked by any significant force other than IRON/DAWN that MHA would get involved.

For now, they aren't involved militarily, but they are still backing Gramlins politically, using the implied threat of military force. I'm pretty sure that they would fight if Gramlins were under serious attack.

To me, I'm more interested in what would happen with MHA allies. Would they back MHA if MHA got involved to help Gramlins? There, I don't know. I lean towards "yes, probably so". Even if those alliances think Gramlins deserves to be shot down, if MHA gets involved, I'd expect their allies to back them.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='14 April 2010 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1271219933' post='2259717']
The question has been asked multiple times in this thread, and each it has been intentionally ignored. Given that, I doubt they will man up and be forthright anytime soon.

Disappointing though, if they did not want this to reflect on them, now would be a good time to speak up.
[/quote]

They [i]can't[/i] speak up. If they say 'we stand by Gramlins' then people will laugh at them. If they say 'we do not support Gramlins' people will point at their ridiculous eternal treaty and....laugh at them.

But, given that Ramirus has previously been quoted as saying he would go to war with MHA if he felt they were "wrong", I would say that several articles of the Harmlin Accords have been violated. (I count at least two, possibly three.)

There you go, MHA. You may now cancel with a clear conscience.

[quote name='Methrage' date='14 April 2010 - 05:21 AM' timestamp='1271218879' post='2259701']
[/quote]
They cant answer it because they dont run their own alliance. Just because they are big doesnt mean they wear the pants. Shamlins clearly give the orders in this relationship and until Ramwedge gives his skivvies in Totally Harmless their orders they are as much in the dark as the rest of us. Its the only possible reason that they cant give a simple answer to a simple question.

[quote name='masterbake' date='14 April 2010 - 06:52 AM' timestamp='1271220747' post='2259728']
I am not government but I think my feelings are pretty clear on which way I'd like our FA to go.
[/quote]

The question was asked by 6 (or 7) people in this thread, if it were clear, they wouldn't have asked it.