Announcement from Hydra

[quote name='President S O' date='14 March 2010 - 06:15 AM' timestamp='1268565675' post='2225250']
The event Lord Fingolfin refers to happened quite some time ago, I personally do not believe it had as big of an affect on Hydra's decision as he would like to think. Since then a lot has changed, people have moved around.

Then again I don't speak for Hydra, and I won't try to speak for them. Just what I know. :P

Best of luck guys. :wub:
[/quote]

Bah, I hate not being in the know.

/me goes to hack the PU boards and see if anything relevant has been spoken in the last 2 weeks since he departed

I didn't mean to state that the Legion-Hydra incident was the main motivator for this, simply that that coupled with some of the discussions over the war and alliances going in/not going in, left enough tension that it wasn't difficult to see this coming. But anyways, I'll let Hydra speak for itself if they wish to clarify, and with that I take my leave of this thread.

/me tips his hat

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='15 March 2010 - 03:58 PM' timestamp='1268683451' post='2226470']
This is definitely the best way to react when not getting your own way.
[/quote]

It was not one issue, it was the pattern of issues, most of which you, an uninformed member of a Non-PEACE alliance, are not aware of.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' date='15 March 2010 - 08:26 PM' timestamp='1268685130' post='2226508']
It was not one issue, it was the pattern of issues, most of which you, an uninformed member of a Non-PEACE alliance, are not aware of.
[/quote]

I'm aware of a couple of them and one of them in particular doesn't paint you in a particularly good light.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='15 March 2010 - 04:32 PM' timestamp='1268685457' post='2226514']
I'm aware of a couple of them and one of them in particular doesn't paint you in a particularly good light.
[/quote]
Do elaborate :)

seriously, speaking in undertones in front of other people is just bad forum etiquette. like that guy who keeps laughing about an inside joke in front of a bunch of other people.

don't be that guy.

[quote name='hizzy' date='15 March 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1268686375' post='2226532']
seriously, speaking in undertones in front of other people is just bad forum etiquette. like that guy who keeps laughing about an inside joke in front of a bunch of other people.

don't be that guy.
[/quote]

Ok, I'm not that guy because I will never say on the boards, but I was responiding to the 'You weren't there, you don't know' defence.

I don't know Hizzy, there's one issue that doesn't paint Hydra in a particularly good light. I think that's pretty damning.

But seriously, Hydra have handled this with class and respect. It's not recommended that anyone start dragging this into the muck.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='15 March 2010 - 03:58 PM' timestamp='1268683451' post='2226470']
This is definitely the best way to react when not getting your own way.
[/quote]
Not knowing (or really caring) what you're referring to with that cute little swipe, but the fact is that this is true.

If you're part of a group of alliances and things aren't going your way, you leave that group.

Good luck, Hydra. I don't know much about you, but you have a couple of friends I have a lot of respect for.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='15 March 2010 - 04:32 PM' timestamp='1268685457' post='2226514']
[/quote]

Oh I am sure you are talking about how we "tried to kick UPN out of PEACE". Altheus went around spreading that little fact, when in reality what actually happened was [u]one[/u] comment from a minister of recruitment who said he didn't want UPN in peace anymore.

Really, that means we are trying our hardest to kick them out?

For the record Altheus also enjoys running around telling people Valhalla tried to kick them out of Poseidon back in the day, when in reality it was far from the case.

See the pattern here?

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' date='15 March 2010 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1268693048' post='2226648']
Oh I am sure you are talking about how we "tried to kick UPN out of PEACE". Altheus went around spreading that little fact, when in reality what actually happened was [u]one[/u] comment from a minister of recruitment who said he didn't want UPN in peace anymore.

Really, that means we are trying our hardest to kick them out?

For the record Altheus also enjoys running around telling people Valhalla tried to kick them out of Poseidon back in the day, when in reality it was far from the case.

See the pattern here?
[/quote]
It's clearly just realpolitik, nothing personal.

Edit: Yeah, I like to think I'm witty ;_;

Edited by Rey the Great

[quote name='Rey the Great' date='15 March 2010 - 06:45 PM' timestamp='1268693476' post='2226654']
It's clearly just realpolitik, nothing personal.

Edit: Yeah, I like to think I'm witty ;_;
[/quote]

<@Altheus|UPN|> this may sound odd then, (and from your pov infra-hugging) but UPN has a realpolitik policy of not attacking if we're going to lose

Now that's what I call 'realpolitik'!

[quote name='SilentFury' date='15 March 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1268706254' post='2226844']
good stuff guys hopefully you will see that bright orange light in the near future with that being said

o/ hydra
[/quote]

Also this ^

We're color poaching!