CN records

Tarikmo

"Hey, does x have the oldest y?"
"Nah, I think that z has the oldest y!"
"No , x doesn't have the oldest y, neither does z, n had an x before everyone else!"
"I don't remember that"
"I don't"
"Me either"
"It happened!"
/generic thread

This has been running strong on my mind recently. We have stats, we have a(n?) (Sometimes y is a vowel, is this one of those times?)yearly award ceremony, but, I haven't really seen a book( or thread) of world records. We have that award screen for some feats, but for things like oldest treaty, biggest NS/score growth in a day, most viewed thread ever, and many other things, I only see mostly "IIRC" or "Does x still have bragging rights to that?"

My question is, do we have anyone keeping a CN version of Guinness book of world records? If not, is anyone( or persons) interested in attempting a CN book of world records?

[quote name='Fernando12' date='10 March 2010 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1268267749' post='2221497']
Nothing before June 5, 2009 matters.

Why don't you do all this record keeping?
[/quote]
I was actually planning too, but life got in the way. If someone is willing to assist, I'd be more than happy to put in the effort needed.

Generally people just post a question and then everyone scrounges around and finds the answer. The recent "Oldest Treaty" thread is a good example.

Amidst the arguments about the TPF-PC NAP, it was determined that the RIA-TTK NAP is the oldest continuously active treaty and the GOD-Halsa MDP is the oldest continuously active military treaty. tl;dr Maroon holds all the records :smug:

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Banksy' date='10 March 2010 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1268266643' post='2221471']
ODN is the oldest continually sanctioned alliance. Something we're not particularly proud of.... but it's a record I guess.
[/quote]
That seems highly unlikely.

[quote name='Banksy' date='10 March 2010 - 04:12 PM' timestamp='1268266643' post='2221471']
ODN is the oldest continually sanctioned alliance. Something we're not particularly proud of.... but it's a record I guess.
[/quote]
Did NPO ever lose their sanction in Karma? Also didn't ODN lose it for awhile in GWIII.

[quote name='mhawk' date='11 March 2010 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1268284185' post='2221821']
Did NPO ever lose their sanction in Karma? Also didn't ODN lose it for awhile in GWIII.
[/quote]
I believe NPO did lose its sanction for a brief time. I am not so sure about GW3 (but I don't believe so).

Edited by Gopherbashi

[quote name='Gopherbashi' date='10 March 2010 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1268284256' post='2221823']
I believe NPO did lose its sanction for a brief time. I am not so sure about GW3 (but I don't believe so).
[/quote]
Yeah, NPO did lose sanction for a period after Karma I believe. ODN has lost sanction at one time, at least.

I was once the 'Most Popular Player', according to Senate votes. I had a screencap of it, but seem to have lost it. :( (Now, who has had that honor the [u]longest[/u]? If I had to guess, I'd say either Tulak or patjenn or....hmmm....actually, I have no idea.)

But yeah....a Book of Records might not be a bad idea. Although I'd hate to be the person responsible for it.

Edited by Ashoka the Great

Why does it have to be one person? Someone post in here a list of questions/most of's or whatever it needs to be called. Then everyone, as stated above, can scrounge to find the answer and post it here. When all the answers or at least the majority have been found then a complete list can be found in this tread. Someone, as always, will take the information from this thread, put it in a list format and probably make a new thread with the new list.

Basically its already started with the ODN and treaty questions.
Other questions could be things like:
Oldest player
Highest Strength reached by one person
Top 10 oldest active alliances
Top 10 original alliances
First alliance "forced" to disband
Highest Reps ever put on someone
First time a viceroy was ever used

other junk like the stuff listed above.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='11 March 2010 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1268328301' post='2222227']
I was once the 'Most Popular Player', according to Senate votes. I had a screencap of it, but seem to have lost it. :( (Now, who has had that honor the [u]longest[/u]? If I had to guess, I'd say either Tulak or patjenn or....hmmm....actually, I have no idea.)

But yeah....a Book of Records might not be a bad idea. Although I'd hate to be the person responsible for it.
[/quote]

Our own Guinness Book of Records isn't too hard to setup.

[quote name='LordSlade' date='12 March 2010 - 05:27 AM' timestamp='1268328772' post='2222239']
Highest Reps ever put on someone
[/quote]
It would be awesome to work out the rates of CN inflation so we could compare 'highest reps' over time as well as the highest straight figure.

[quote name='Banksy' date='11 March 2010 - 07:28 PM' timestamp='1268336054' post='2222352']
It would be awesome to work out the rates of CN inflation so we could compare 'highest reps' over time as well as the highest straight figure.
[/quote]

The issue there is that there is a different inflation for value and for cost. It still costs the same amount of money to buy 100 tech, but it's more valuable today than it was 3 years ago. You can make an argument for either one being an appropriate rate.