More peace

Salmia

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='27 February 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1267331224' post='2207483']
so they gotta pay over a billion?

that's actually pretty damn harsh given the circumstance.
[/quote]

Oh but there are pixelated cookies and muffins being distributed, so that makes it better. <_<

Sad to see TOOL get stuck with such a large bill, but I'm happy they get peace at least.

wow, I could possibly understand Sparta gettin reps but not that friggin much. but Nemesis and MA, that is just BS for sure. frankly, if TOOL joined this war to defend an ally, they should not have gotten reps period. much love to RIA, LoSS, VE, and LOUD for not making TOOL pay out for no real reason.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='28 February 2010 - 05:30 AM' timestamp='1267335244' post='2207672']
I think I have made my stance on Athens pretty clear.

$%&@ you Londo. D:
[/quote]

Yet you remain in an alliance closely allied with them. So, if they are attacked and you end up in a war due to their stupidity, and get harsh terms from said war, it is perfectly justified, in your view? Whatever you get in such a scenario would be justified due to the incessant stupidity of an alliance you're allied with?

Edited by rabonnobar

[quote name='Lord GVChamp' date='28 February 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1267333922' post='2207614']
Helpful advice, making threats to one of the largest alliances in the game is not gonna help your case.
[/quote]

That might be true if it was anyone but Sparta or GPA. Come to think of it that would be an interesting fight. Sparta vs GPA. Not sure who would win that one but, it sure would be a slow war.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='28 February 2010 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1267335266' post='2207674']
You sure it had nothing to do with a lot of your top ranks staying in Peace mode while your allies fought in the upper ranks. say for example yew gate(your strongest nation)
[/quote]

Yew gate may not continue to be a spartan for that very reason.

Ask about the opponents of Alexandros o Megas, Ethan the Lionheart, Tulak...they can tell you better. I have the logs actually.

PS> Alexandros and Ethan were larger that yew gate,. They were ar war against Liquid Mercury and Extremelyaverage respectively.

Edited by King Louis the II

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='28 February 2010 - 12:33 AM' timestamp='1267335436' post='2207685']
That might be true if it was anyone but Sparta or GPA. Come to think of it that would be an interesting fight. Sparta vs GPA. Not sure who would win that one but, it sure would be a slow war.
[/quote]

I think pretty much the rest of Planet Bob would win, actually.

[quote n.ame='Salmia' date='27 February 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1267331095' post='2207476']
Peace
[/quote]

Congratz on peace TOOL. I'm sorry that the war was so bloody for you, and that your enemies decided to make you pay reps for following treaties. I'm sure you'll recover in no time!

[quote name='rabonnobar' date='28 February 2010 - 12:33 AM' timestamp='1267335412' post='2207681']
Yet you remain in an alliance closely allied with them. So, if they are attacked and you end up in a war due to their stupidity, and get harsh terms from said war, it is perfectly justified, in your view? Whatever you get in such a scenario would be justified due to the incessant stupidity of an alliance you're allied with?
[/quote]
Define harsh terms, again. If you mean terms like this, completely acceptable. We know the risks of being allied to Athens, and we are responsible for what could happen.

[quote name='rabonnobar' date='28 February 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1267333434' post='2207589']
Pathetic. To Sparta and the others who asked for exorbitant reps: people are taking notice. The post-war world, politically, could be chaotic. Remember that some of us will define our foreign affairs by actions such as these.

Good luck TOOL.
[/quote]

This is the one post I wanted to choose out of them all... why... heaven knows.

I'd say Sparta if any combatant in this event was more inclined reps perhaps followed by Nemesis since they took a heavy hit it would appear for their size.

Fact is, they (Sparta) were defending their ally when you jumped in. I know you were defending your ally too, and the chaining, blah blah, but to the victors go the spoils? If you've been involved in any backchannels, you'd consider this light compared to what some people were saying. And I highly doubt Sparta will make it difficult on you to pay.

The issue, in my honest opinion here, is that we've got one side versus another basically saying "Hey, you thief, stop taking reps from this war!" and then going "Of course we'd never have done this to you if the shoe was on the other foot!" But the problem is... we never really would know. It's quite possible in 3 months things get reversed and if alliance such as yourself (no disrespect intended) lay out the same or harsher terms it'll be dubbed fair, right?

Meh... I'm tired of this war. Intelligence goes out the window in it and literally every war front is different from another. So my commenting here has to try and remain objective since I really don't know what went on overall.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='28 February 2010 - 05:48 AM' timestamp='1267336300' post='2207702']
This is the one post I wanted to choose out of them all... why... heaven knows.

I'd say Sparta if any combatant in this event was more inclined reps perhaps followed by Nemesis since they took a heavy hit it would appear for their size.

Fact is, they (Sparta) were defending their ally when you jumped in. I know you were defending your ally too, and the chaining, blah blah, but to the victors go the spoils? If you've been involved in any backchannels, you'd consider this light compared to what some people were saying. And I highly doubt Sparta will make it difficult on you to pay.

The issue, in my honest opinion here, is that we've got one side versus another basically saying "Hey, you thief, stop taking reps from this war!" and then going "Of course we'd never have done this to you if the shoe was on the other foot!" But the problem is... we never really would know. It's quite possible in 3 months things get reversed and if alliance such as yourself (no disrespect intended) lay out the same or harsher terms it'll be dubbed fair, right?

Meh... I'm tired of this war. Intelligence goes out the window in it and literally every war front is different from another. So my commenting here has to try and remain objective since I really don't know what went on overall.
[/quote]

I'm not in TOOL. However, I will take the points as applying to me, sure, since I made the post.

We [i]would[/i] know if I would require reps or not because I [i]did[/i] lead my alliance into a victorious war. [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=34237"]I gave white peace.[/url] I also did so knowing I would get flak for it. And I was, indeed, threatened by chefjoe/Valhalla for doing so, as I made it clear in my announcement that I did not like how Valhalla was going about things.

I understand how it is annoying that many ex-hegemony that gave harsh terms in the past are now whining about them. To be quite honest, I don't like that/them neither. Some of us, though, do remain consistent. I did not like the Hegemony giving harsh terms, and I do not like such things now.

[quote name='rabonnobar' date='28 February 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1267336846' post='2207719']
I'm not in TOOL. However, I will take the points as applying to me, sure, since I made the post.

We [i]would[/i] know if I would require reps or not because I [i]did[/i] lead my alliance into a victorious war. [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=34237"]I gave white peace.[/url] I also did so knowing I would get flak for it. And I was, indeed, threatened by chefjoe/Valhalla for doing so, as I made it clear in my announcement that I did not like how Valhalla was going about things.

I understand how it is annoying that many ex-hegemony that gave harsh terms in the past are now whining about them. To be quite honest, I don't like that/them neither. Some of us, though, do remain consistent. I did not like the Hegemony giving harsh terms, and I do not like such things now.
[/quote]
I can state that I have nothing but respect for you as an individual, and for the former alliance of Defcon. Consistency is a thing many people lack, and you are not among them. While I may disagree with your assessment of harsh terms, everyone has a different interpretation.

Also so i may remain consistent. Kill ZoomZoomZoom.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Velocity111' date='27 February 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1267331561' post='2207497']
Reps are cool and all, but what exactly did TOOL do to warrant 1.775 billion worth of reps? >_>
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Not a thing. Except Sparta is a useless alliance full of petty individuals. Same can be said for Nemesis and MA.[/color]

[quote name='lebubu' date='27 February 2010 - 09:13 PM' timestamp='1267334228' post='2207629']
Terms are too light.
[/quote]
MK overall is coming off quite pathetic in this thread. Being leader of the bloc to take more reps than any other bloc in history is starting to show.

Tool, congrats on peace. My respect for you only rises every time I see you in action.

Edited by mhawk

[quote name='Fantastico' date='27 February 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1267336575' post='2207711']
A tip of the hat to RIA, LOUD and LoSS.
[/quote]

Don't forget VE. I heard nothing but respect for them from our camp during wartime. And to be fair, Sparta was pretty cool about the whole thing too.

[quote]MK overall is coming off quite pathetic in this thread. [/quote]

Your alliance has been overall pathetic for years. You had TheBigBad in government for how long? You're the last person who can talk, mhawk. You've lost every war you've overseen for TPF and you remain a bitter loser. Keep sucking those lemons.