More peace

Salmia

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='01 March 2010 - 07:11 AM' timestamp='1267449310' post='2209856']
The shear hypocrasy of him using that description for anyone other than TOP & IRON is :awesome:
[/quote]
So how would you characterize demanding reparations from an alliance that you attacked?

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='iamthey' date='01 March 2010 - 02:20 AM' timestamp='1267428246' post='2209694']
This position is interesting when discussed in theory, especially when you are on the side that stands to benefit from such a paradigm; however, when implemented it can be pretty monstrous. That being said it might as well have come from the mouth of tI.

[ooc]Not to mention this is the kind of behavior that ruins the game.[/ooc]
[/quote]

If I am ever to be on the losing side, I will pay whatever reps are required of me.

And look at it from the perspective of my nation. If the war were to end today in white peace, who comes out on top? Certainly not my nation. I can assure you that almost all of the nations in TOP would be much better off than my own under white peace. What is the point of fighting a war if your opponent automatically returns to its pre-war strength advantage?

[ooc]And I'd argue that war itself would ruin the war more than paying reps, it certainly is much more detrimental to one's nation.[/ooc]

Edited by Ying Yang Mafia

[quote name='Heft' date='01 March 2010 - 06:38 PM' timestamp='1267468922' post='2210061']
So how would you characterize demanding reparations from an alliance that you attacked?
[/quote]

Ahhh because IRON dissagree with TOPS war of agression? Nope they agree, so are as bad, hypocracy. You can try and cut it anyway you wish, they acted agressivly by supporting tops actions and I'm in no doubt they chatted with TOP well in advance of this happening. So they agree with these actions, they will take the reps that is going to be assosiated with thier actions. So he may want to look internally before using comments like that, especially when hes as bad, if not worse.

[quote name='Krack' date='01 March 2010 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1267451034' post='2209880']
Aloha is currently accepting individual surrenders from DAWN. Just switch your AA to "Aloha-POW" and [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=213"]go here[/url] and post "Uncle!"; you will, of course, want to stay out of all further military engagements and decommission your nuclear weapon.
[/quote]
Hi there, I think you are from an alliance that declared war on us, you are invited to attack us at any point in time now :)

[quote name='junkahoolik' date='01 March 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1267467848' post='2210048']
crank, i'm planning to decommission my nukes later today really :P no need to thank me though!! thank the poor poor guys who like them so much that they want to really feel them!!

also, how is Big Jeff?? fine i hope... he hasn't had any play partners since me from what i see...
[/quote]
Doing better than you by the looks of it. Maybe I can get IAA to take it easy on you. :P

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='01 March 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1267470822' post='2210102']
Ahhh because IRON dissagree with TOPS war of agression? Nope they agree, so are as bad, hypocracy. You can try and cut it anyway you wish, they acted agressivly by supporting tops actions and I'm in no doubt they chatted with TOP well in advance of this happening. So they agree with these actions, they will take the reps that is going to be assosiated with thier actions. So he may want to look internally before using comments like that, especially when hes as bad, if not worse.
[/quote]

i'm sorry, you're not making sense. care to make a bit more intelligible please??

[quote name='PrideAssassin' date='01 March 2010 - 06:29 AM' timestamp='1267443175' post='2209814']
Opportunistic and aggressive. That would describe your side to a T.
After all, we're only warring 33-34 Alliances. This is so currently an offensive war on our part.
I suppose your shame and greed know no bounds though, aye?
[/quote]
Just because you did something stupid and picked a fight you are now losing doesn't mean you didn't pick that fight in the first place.

You attacked because you thought you could win, now that its looking like you can't you want to claim you didn't attack?

[quote name='junkahoolik' date='01 March 2010 - 08:00 PM' timestamp='1267473830' post='2210158']
i'm sorry, you're not making sense. care to make a bit more intelligible please??
[/quote]

What part do you struggle with?

They agree with TOPS agressive actions, making them as bad. If it is all to much to understand, I don't think I could dumb it down more for you.

[quote name='Big Jeff' date='01 March 2010 - 02:58 PM' timestamp='1267473705' post='2210150']
Doing better than you by the looks of it. Maybe I can get IAA to take it easy on you. :P
[/quote]

Don't toss IAA's name around like you know us. Thanks.

Also, bragging that you're doing better when you're on the winning side makes you look foolish. Do better than DAWN when you're in their position, then you can start talking smack about doing better.

Bama, I still owe you a nuke big boy. ;) Grats on peace.

[quote name='Ying Yang Mafia' date='01 March 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1267469169' post='2210065']
If I am ever to be on the losing side, I will pay whatever reps are required of me.
[/quote]
Regardless of what those reps are and how much strain it would put on your alliance to pay them? To say you'll accept any terms leaves it open if you ever end up on the losing side for people to demand a lot from you guys, not all alliances are willing to accept terms that involve becoming a tech farm though.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Ying Yang Mafia' date='01 March 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1267469169' post='2210065']If I am ever to be on the losing side, I will pay whatever reps are required of me.[/quote]
This is a pretty bizarre comment from an Athens member.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='01 March 2010 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1267475667' post='2210200']

Also, bragging that you're doing better when you're on the winning side makes you look foolish. Do better than DAWN when you're in their position, then you can start talking smack about doing better.

[/quote]
Just funnin' with my war bud. I highly doubt he took any offence and I doubt anyone took that message to mean I had any pull with IAA.

Sometimes I think junkahoolik and myself are the only ones having fun in this war.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='01 March 2010 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1267475667' post='2210200']

[/quote]
He has two nations in his alliance. He's just insane. <3 Krack and BigJeff

[quote name='Ying Yang Mafia' date='01 March 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1267469169' post='2210065']
[/quote]
There's no need for the empty posturing - you've already won. I will see how you and all the others act if the situation reverses and they are asked a large amount of reparations and make a judgement accordingly.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='01 March 2010 - 01:10 PM' timestamp='1267470822' post='2210102']
[/quote]
You're dumb.

And to expand on that succinct and wonderful phrase which perfectly encapsulates the following: What you are posting has nothing to do with the topic at hand, has no relation to this discussion, is out of proper context, doesn't really make sense when placed in context, and is generally nonsensical and a waste of everyone's time, and finally has absolutely no relation to the question I asked.

Thank you for listening, I hope you have been enriched and enlightened by this expanded analysis.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='01 March 2010 - 02:30 PM' timestamp='1267475667' post='2210200']

[/quote]
At this point I doubt you'll ever be down here in my range again. XD

-Bama

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='02 March 2010 - 07:37 AM' timestamp='1267479666' post='2210282']
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Pacifica_Monogatari
[/quote]
A sterling body of work detailing the history of this planet, eh?

How it's relevant to TOOL peace terms is lost on me though.

That said, these were horrible terms placed on TOOL, especially the approx. 1.7B in reparations. Good luck in paying them off and rebuilding swiftly, my friends.

Congrats to all of our enemies on a war well fought. We did not need to prove anything by entering into this war other than reiterate that we are as loyal as we can be when it comes to our very few allies. Having been in a few different alliances that were on the wrong end of a great war such as this I can share from experience that TOOL's leadership stayed strong at a point where many others break apart.

The Order of Light's membership voted to defend our allies and there was considerable disagreement among ourselves. Some left and we lost some to the war, but even now as this thing is over we are 100% strong in our resolve and I can say that my alliance is still the BEST alliance going today.

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='01 March 2010 - 04:09 AM' timestamp='1267434755' post='2209779']
You didn't complain about outnumbering when it was dealmaster, you and graham on a 3-1 against me. :lol1:

Beyond the personal level, I know some TOOL nations offered a poor show. Same as some MA nations. Every alliance has black sheeps. But, overall, good show.

Take care. :)
[/quote]

It wasn't exactly 3 vs 1, we all had other wars. So it was more like 3 vs 7 I believe. Obviously if you have the advantage you should take it, we don't begrudge you for that.

And yeah there were poor nations on both sides, I agree. Most of our active significant nations performed pretty well considering the circumstances.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='28 February 2010 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1267404407' post='2209107']
Because NPO was launching offensive gangbangs, rather than facing defensive wars almost every 2-3 months. Somehow reps seem less appropriate when you're punching someones face in, but it's certainly warranted if you get jumped.

You mistook my point, in so far as the white peace in Karma was meant to give them a chance to reconsider their friendships and find a new niche for themselves in the world. Not necc. with SF or CnG or FB or anyone, but something new that wouldn't just lead to the same sides. Now that they've proven incapable (or unwilling) to do so on multiple occasions, the intent we approach TOOL and others with by nature has to shift to eliminating them as military threats; not trying to be nice.

That's what I was driving at, sorry if it wasn't clear.

In this situation, it'd be punishment for piggy-backing on a preemptive war against an entire bloc. If it was as simple as honoring a treaty, it'd be a different conversation. TOOL didn't seem so keen on honoring treaties with our side when Karma rolled around.

Something that's also been tried, and clearly considering this thread even exists, didn't work.
[/quote]

Fair enough. Thank you for the clarification.