More peace

Salmia

[quote name='shilo' date='01 March 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1267472759' post='2210134']
Hi there, I think you are from an alliance that declared war on us, you are invited to attack us at any point in time now :)
[/quote]

It's been a month, but we're still trying to figure out how to squeeze our massive armies onto the tiny land masses that comprise your alliance.

[ooc]You're too small, I can't attack anyone in your alliance. Our friends are helping us out in that regard; you have probably noticed them in your war screens.[/ooc]

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Heft' date='01 March 2010 - 10:05 PM' timestamp='1267481343' post='2210315']
You're dumb.

And to expand on that succinct and wonderful phrase which perfectly encapsulates the following: What you are posting has nothing to do with the topic at hand, has no relation to this discussion, is out of proper context, doesn't really make sense when placed in context, and is generally nonsensical and a waste of everyone's time, and finally has absolutely no relation to the question I asked.

Thank you for listening, I hope you have been enriched and enlightened by this expanded analysis.
[/quote]

A blind man could see he takes every post to have a dig at others ;) hes using this post to dig at others calling them oppertunistic and agressive? how does he figuire that out like Iron has never been oppertunistic or agressive ? mirror reflection, look in it much?

to awnser your question seeing as you crave for my awnser i will please you with this

TOOL got beat, winner dictates terms, the looser does not. Just like your alliance that got beat, had to write a milk review why? Because it was a term for surender and you chose to accept and give in, rather than loose even more infra. happy? You can whine about ohh noes they are huge reps, I really dont give a !@#$, they lost end of story, when I lose they can impose whatever they wish on me, I will either choose to pay or not, simple really. I wont come on here bawwwing and crying like a punk, if that boggles you're mind then give up and play Age of Empires. On the plus side I'm looking forward to seeing pride assassin really cry when his alliance gets hammered with reps, My only regret is they were not 3 times more, so i could read people like you bawwing and crying about the injustices of an online game, get a grip. All this crying is not worth 300 million, they should have been 1 billion to make up for the tears.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Krack' date='02 March 2010 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1267491510' post='2210558']
It's been a month, but we're still trying to figure out how to squeeze our massive armies onto the tiny land masses that comprise your alliance.

[ooc]You're too small, I can't attack anyone in your alliance. Our friends are helping us out in that regard; you have probably noticed them in your war screens.[/ooc]
[/quote]
Well, you should have gotten your piece of the fun when you declared :(

[quote name='DocOctane' date='01 March 2010 - 08:31 AM' timestamp='1267461312' post='2209971']
o/ TOOL and her sacrifices.

To those of you who foolishly claim TOOL didn't put on a decent war effort ...
[/quote]
You certainly made a decent war effort. Of all the nations that I fought, yours held on and did not falter. I salute you.

Edited by Edison Franklin

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='01 March 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1267502904' post='2210769']
Wow, I just saw this, and these terms are disgusting. Shameful for the alliances that required them.
[/quote]

If this qualifies as disgusting, please tell me what you think of TOP/IRON's terms.

Congrats to all involved on achieving peace.

I am not a fan of reps as thievery. But, and it ultimately is something I am having to come to grips with in this new multi-polar world of threats from all sides, reps as a legitimate military tool to gain time and space (i.e. weaken a potential future opponent for X amount of time) does have some legitimacy. There's no doubt, and it looks good for them, where TOOL's loyalties lie and where they are likely to lie in the future.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='01 March 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1267482611' post='2210334']
A sterling body of work detailing the history of this planet, eh?

How it's relevant to TOOL peace terms is lost on me though.

That said, these were horrible terms placed on TOOL, especially the approx. 1.7B in reparations. Good luck in paying them off and rebuilding swiftly, my friends.
[/quote]"the villains live on to glote [sic] another day"

Just reminding an NPO member of his heritage as a member of the most gloting (gets me every time) villains in history.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='01 March 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1267502904' post='2210769']
Wow, I just saw this, and these terms are disgusting. Shameful for the alliances that required them.
[/quote]Do the people of your nation own dictionaries? You're wearing out the word "disgusting" by using it to describe reparations.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='02 March 2010 - 08:34 AM' timestamp='1267540689' post='2211275']
Do the people of your nation own dictionaries? You're wearing out the word "disgusting" by using it to describe reparations.
[/quote]
I'd wager that they know the definition of 'disgusting'.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='01 March 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1267475667' post='2210200']
Don't toss IAA's name around like you know us. Thanks.

Also, bragging that you're doing better when you're on the winning side makes you look foolish. Do better than DAWN when you're in their position, then you can start talking smack about doing better.

Bama, I still owe you a nuke big boy. ;) Grats on peace.
[/quote]

Voodoo, i'm starting to like you... but i doubt there was any malicious intent in Jeff's post.

also, hi there Jeff. we should have a dance next war too. i liked our little rumble a lot!! :P

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='01 March 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1267475151' post='2210190']
What part do you struggle with?

They agree with TOPS agressive actions, making them as bad. If it is all to much to understand, I don't think I could dumb it down more for you.
[/quote]

i had problems with the beginning, the middle and the end. thank you for finally making sentences that made sense :rolleyes:

Edited by junkahoolik

[quote name='WorldConqueror' date='01 March 2010 - 10:26 PM' timestamp='1267482611' post='2210334']
A sterling body of work detailing the history of this planet, eh?

How it's relevant to TOOL peace terms is lost on me though.

That said, these were horrible terms placed on TOOL, especially the approx. 1.7B in reparations. Good luck in paying them off and rebuilding swiftly, my friends.
[/quote]

These are HARDLY that poor of terms. No viceroys, no forced wonder decoms (anything ringing a bell?) and to be perfectly honest, yes that cash is warranted. I spent something close to $150 million thus far on this war (between build-up, nukes, paying bills after nukes, etc) and I know far more Spartans who've spent a lot more than that. We'd like to rebuild and I'm sure EVERY alliance that was involved on the DEFENSIVE (or you [i]COULD[/i] go as far as saying the [b]JUST[/b]) side.

Just a thought.

[quote name='Libera' date='02 March 2010 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1267559345' post='2211575']
These are HARDLY that poor of terms. No viceroys, no forced wonder decoms (anything ringing a bell?) and to be perfectly honest, yes that cash is warranted. I spent something close to $150 million thus far on this war (between build-up, nukes, paying bills after nukes, etc) and I know far more Spartans who've spent a lot more than that. We'd like to rebuild and I'm sure EVERY alliance that was involved on the DEFENSIVE (or you [i]COULD[/i] go as far as saying the [b]JUST[/b]) side.

Just a thought.
[/quote]
If you cannot afford a war, you shouldn't fight one. Because as it is, war in CN is always an economic loss.

[quote name='shilo' date='02 March 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1267560367' post='2211592']
If you cannot afford a war, you shouldn't fight one. Because as it is, war in CN is always an economic loss.
[/quote]

Not like you can choose when you are engaged in a defensive war, don't you?

You know, I could answer: "If you cannot afford the reps, you shouldn't fight an agressive war".

Edited by Krashnaia

[quote name='Krashnaia' date='02 March 2010 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1267561232' post='2211608']
Not like you can choose when you are engaged in a defensive war, don't you?

You know, I could answer: "If you cannot afford the reps, you shouldn't fight an agressive war".
[/quote]
What defensive war?
Going in via a MA clause usually isn't defensive.

[quote name='shilo' date='02 March 2010 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1267564858' post='2211662']
What defensive war?
Going in via a MA clause usually isn't defensive.
[/quote]

I'm relatively certain they have a defense clause with Athens, which they would have activated to fight IRON.

[quote name='Adrian LaCroix' date='02 March 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1267566618' post='2211698']
I'm relatively certain they have a defense clause with Athens, which they would have activated to fight IRON.
[/quote]
I saw only MA going in via the Superfriends treaty, at least that is what their DoW says.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='02 March 2010 - 02:47 AM' timestamp='1267519858' post='2211108']
A blind man could see he takes every post to have a dig at others ;) hes using this post to dig at others calling them oppertunistic and agressive? how does he figuire that out like Iron has never been oppertunistic or agressive ? mirror reflection, look in it much?

to awnser your question seeing as you crave for my awnser i will please you with this

TOOL got beat, winner dictates terms, the looser does not. Just like your alliance that got beat, had to write a milk review why? Because it was a term for surender and you chose to accept and give in, rather than loose even more infra. happy? You can whine about ohh noes they are huge reps, I really dont give a !@#$, they lost end of story, when I lose they can impose whatever they wish on me, I will either choose to pay or not, simple really. I wont come on here bawwwing and crying like a punk, if that boggles you're mind then give up and play Age of Empires. On the plus side I'm looking forward to seeing pride assassin really cry when his alliance gets hammered with reps, My only regret is they were not 3 times more, so i could read people like you bawwing and crying about the injustices of an online game, get a grip. All this crying is not worth 300 million, they should have been 1 billion to make up for the tears.
[/quote]
So the only part of that answer that has anything to do with what's being asked is "they won therefore they can ask for whatever they want." Which is perfectly true, but also entirely useless and not really of much value. They can ask for whatever they want, and the rest of us can call them out on being pathetic for asking for it.

[quote name='Libera' date='02 March 2010 - 01:45 PM' timestamp='1267559345' post='2211575']

Just a thought.
[/quote]
Oh, right, the by-now classic "These terms aren't bad because someone once offered terms that were worse" argument. That argument hasn't gotten any better and hasn't gained any validity in the last year. Also, these reparations aren't about recovering losses, that's been made clear. So that doesn't have anything to do with this, either.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='02 March 2010 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1267557027' post='2211526']
Clearly not. "Disgusting reparations" is probably the worst CN meme.
[/quote]
I was poking fun at questioning his people's owning of a dictionary for using a word too much when a thesaurus would be more appropriate.

Edited by mitchh

[quote name='mitchh' date='02 March 2010 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1267579405' post='2212014']
I was poking fun at questioning his people's owning of a dictionary for using a word too much when a thesaurus would be more appropriate.
[/quote]I disagree, but I am willing to stop this conversation here as it may be the most inane I have ever seen on these forums.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='02 March 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1267580457' post='2212054']
I disagree, but I am willing to stop this conversation here as it may be the most inane I have ever seen on these forums.
[/quote]
*shrug*

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='06 March 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1267883741' post='2215862']
RON's PR machine creaks into life.
[/quote]
Well, MKs PR machine really would have to outdo itself to attempt to sell this as anything but the poor and greedy terms that they are.

[quote name='shilo' date='06 March 2010 - 08:05 AM' timestamp='1267884637' post='2215869']
Well, MKs PR machine really would have to outdo itself to attempt to sell this as anything but the poor and greedy terms that they are.
[/quote]I've said before in this thread that I have no idea how MA are justifying their reps, but that's a matter for TOOL to complain about, which they haven't, and not RON.