Peace at Kashyyyk

[quote name='AirMe' date='27 February 2010 - 12:07 PM' timestamp='1267290638' post='2206650']
Tell me where to send the 3 mill and I will do it on your behalf.
[/quote]
Stuff like this is why AirMe is better than most of us.

[quote name='Penkala' date='27 February 2010 - 12:17 PM' timestamp='1267291235' post='2206666']
Honestly, you supported forced disbandments and viceroys. You don't get an opinion on this.
[/quote]
You're talking to the alliance leader who paid your ally a whole bunch in reps to get Kaiser Martens free from EZI.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see.

The question is

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/darth_vader10/GotMilk.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Penkala' date='27 February 2010 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1267292428' post='2206691']
Oh I know. I like DK. But she chose her friends, and she chose the side to defend when it came down to the big showdown that would determine the direction of reps, viceroys, etc. [b]And she chose to stand by those who supported implementing viceroys, EZIs and harsh reps[/b].
[/quote]
So how is RoK, VE, GOD doing? Don't you remember when Hoo was a viceroy? Or when GOD put Kaiser on PZI? Or when VE helped disband Inertia? Yeah, some of us still remember.

Edit: lolwut Penk

Edited by Believland

Didn't care for the "forum front" of the war, but the NSO nations who I traded pixels with on the battlefield were solid and classy people. Also want to give a shout out to Methrage - a diplo to Fark. We didn't always (ever?) see eye to eye, but I appreciated your efforts and the manner in which you conducted yourself on our boards.

Let me get this straight:

* Ivan's signature is on this document.
* Ivan resigns as Emperor and appoints Lint Wad knowing that Lint Wad will have NSO surrender in the current war.

And this somehow qualifies as Ivan not surrendering and thus not breaking his word. Man, Ivan (or NSO as a whole) loves semantics and technicalities a lot. I'm going to have to echo what was said in an earlier post: what measurable difference does it make to the alliance if Ivan surrenders or Lint Wad does? Better yet, what difference does it make to Ivan's promise if he's resigning simply to put someone in place who will have the alliance surrender immediately? I mean, I guess it upholds the technical requirement of the promise to not surrender as long as he's Emperor, but that's a pretty shallow interpretation.

If someone said to me something along the lines of "as long as I am leader we won't surrender" I don't take it literally; I find resigning and appointing someone to surrender for you to be breaking the spirit of that promise. But whatever. I think Ivan shouldn't have made such a ridiculous promise to begin with.

Congrats on your peace NSO.

[quote name='Jyrinx' date='27 February 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1267323724' post='2207288']
Let me get this straight:

* Ivan's signature is on this document.
* Ivan resigns as Emperor and appoints Lint Wad knowing that Lint Wad will have NSO surrender in the current war.

And this somehow qualifies as Ivan not surrendering and thus not breaking his word. Man, Ivan (or NSO as a whole) loves semantics and technicalities a lot. I'm going to have to echo what was said in an earlier post: what measurable difference does it make to the alliance if Ivan surrenders or Lint Wad does? Better yet, what difference does it make to Ivan's promise if he's resigning simply to put someone in place who will have the alliance surrender immediately? I mean, I guess it upholds the technical requirement of the promise to not surrender as long as he's Emperor, but that's a pretty shallow interpretation.

If someone said to me something along the lines of "as long as I am leader we won't surrender" I don't take it literally; I find resigning and appointing someone to surrender for you to be breaking the spirit of that promise. But whatever. I think Ivan shouldn't have made such a ridiculous promise to begin with.

Congrats on your peace NSO.
[/quote]
You answered your own questions within your post but your lack of apparent comprehension allows you to post such drivel anyway.

I never stated I would not surrender. I stated that the NSO wouldn't so long as I was Emperor. But I did surrender, my name is there for anyone to see, as you just pointed out. So what is your point?

[quote name='Voytek' date='27 February 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1267328855' post='2207422']
How could you have surrendered for the NSO when you weren't Emperor anymore?
[/quote]

I've been waiting all day for someone to ask this question.

[quote name='Voytek' date='27 February 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1267328855' post='2207422']
How could you have surrendered for the NSO when you weren't Emperor anymore? Do NSO Imperator Emiriti have that authority?
[/quote]

Presumably he surrendered along with the rest of the NSO membership as an influential member, not as emperor. The current Emperor's signature is on the surrender document.

[quote name='Voytek' date='27 February 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1267328855' post='2207422']
How could you have surrendered for the NSO when you weren't Emperor anymore? Do NSO Imperator Emiriti have that authority?
[/quote]

You do see Emperor LintWads signature on there, right?

Edit: Hal beat me to it.

[quote name='Voytek' date='27 February 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1267330056' post='2207450']
You guys must be even more of a personality cult than I thought.
[/quote]

You're really helping NSO/Polar relations with your insults, buddy.

Edited by Corinan

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='27 February 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1267326486' post='2207372']
You answered your own questions within your post but your lack of apparent comprehension allows you to post such drivel anyway.

I never stated I would not surrender. I stated that the NSO wouldn't so long as I was Emperor. But I did surrender, my name is there for anyone to see, as you just pointed out. So what is your point?
[/quote]

My point was that you did break your promise, just not in the absurdly technical sense. You didn't literally break it, but you're just playing with semantics and technicalities at that point. I presumed that the entire point of you saying NSO won't surrender as long as you're Emperor was to take a stance that your actions won't lead to NSO surrendering. It makes this entire thing look less like keeping your promise and more like finding a loophole to let NSO surrender while also claiming to keep your promise in the shallow technical sense.

[quote name='Jyrinx' date='27 February 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1267331963' post='2207520']
My point was that you did break your promise, just not in the absurdly technical sense. You didn't literally break it, but you're just playing with semantics and technicalities at that point. I presumed that the entire point of you saying NSO won't surrender as long as you're Emperor was to take a stance that your actions won't lead to NSO surrendering. It makes this entire thing look less like keeping your promise and more like finding a loophole to let NSO surrender while also claiming to keep your promise in the shallow technical sense.
[/quote]

Surrendering was ultimately my decision, thus my signature. You're barking up the wrong tree here Jyrinx.

Edited by Wad of Lint

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='27 February 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1267332117' post='2207529']
Surrendering was ultimately my decision, thus my signature. You're barking up the wrong tree here Jyrinx.
[/quote]

Meh, technicalities again: from what I'm gathering (and perhaps I misread something) he resigned and had you appointed knowing that you'd surrender. It's surrendering by proxy in my opinion. Obviously neither Ivan nor you is going to admit that, my posting was just getting my thoughts on record for the rest of the world to know what I think (in the odd chance they for some reason care :P). Since this won't be going anywhere else, I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Jyrinx

[quote name='Jyrinx' date='27 February 2010 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1267332382' post='2207538']
Meh, technicalities again: from what I'm gathering (and perhaps I misread something) he resigned and had you appointed knowing that you'd surrender. It's surrendering by proxy in my opinion. Obviously neither Ivan nor you is going to admit that, my posting was just getting my thoughts on record for the rest of the world to know what I think (in the odd chance they for some reason care :P). Since this won't be going anywhere else, I'll leave it at that.
[/quote]

You make a lot of assumptions. I'll leave it at that.

[quote name='Believland' date='27 February 2010 - 03:02 PM' timestamp='1267301183' post='2206837']
Good to see.

The question is

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/darth_vader10/GotMilk.jpg[/img]

So how is RoK, VE, GOD doing? Don't you remember when Hoo was a viceroy? Or when GOD put Kaiser on PZI? Or when VE helped disband Inertia? Yeah, some of us still remember.

Edit: lolwut Penk
[/quote]

Yes, clearly Hoo accepting viceroyalty of an alliance is just as bad as an institutionalized method of systematically dismantling alliances (for no reason) who posed threats, banishing competent leaders from the world so that no strength may be mustered, and giving permanent war and / or terms. Clearly.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='28 February 2010 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1267331048' post='2207475']
Presumably he surrendered along with the rest of the NSO membership as an influential member, not as emperor. The current Emperor's signature is on the surrender document.
[/quote]

Oh, OK. That's fair.

(interesting that it had to come from an uninvolved party however)

[quote name='Corinan' date='28 February 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1267331151' post='2207478']You're really helping NSO/Polar relations with your insults, buddy.[/quote]

Why don't you ask your good friend NSO member "TehChron" about NSO/Polar relations?

[quote name='Voytek' date='27 February 2010 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1267334475' post='2207643']
Oh, OK. That's fair.

(interesting that it had to come from an uninvolved party however)

Why don't you ask your good friend NSO member "TehChron" about NSO/Polar relations?
[/quote]

I can't imagine how that relationship could be strained at all. It's not like twice leaving the same ally behind to die in your fire could lead to any issues.

Edited by Roadie