Peace at Kashyyyk

[quote name='Roadie' date='28 February 2010 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1267334957' post='2207656']It's not like twice leaving the same ally behind to die in your fire could lead to any issues.[/quote]

What's that? Sorry, you'll have to speak up - I don't speak Yap.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Voytek' date='28 February 2010 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1267334475' post='2207643']
Why don't you ask your good friend NSO member "TehChron" about NSO/Polar relations?
[/quote]

I'd love to but his nation has ceased to be. As such, he's no longer an NSO member.

[quote name='Jyrinx' date='27 February 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1267331963' post='2207520']
My point was that you did break your promise, just not in the absurdly technical sense. You didn't literally break it, but you're just playing with semantics and technicalities at that point. I presumed that the entire point of you saying NSO won't surrender as long as you're Emperor was to take a stance that your actions won't lead to NSO surrendering. It makes this entire thing look less like keeping your promise and more like finding a loophole to let NSO surrender while also claiming to keep your promise in the shallow technical sense.
[/quote]
It is quite unfortunate for you that words have precise meanings. While I do not know how on Earth you could misconstrue the sentence, 'I will not surrender so long as I am Emperor of NSO,' apparently you were able to. My congratulations. For the record, his promise was that he would find white peace or he would step down as Emperor for the good of the alliance. Where 'loopholes' and 'technicalities' come in is a complete mystery to me, but if you want to keep on trolling Moldavi for no reason, I can't make it any worse than you do for yourself. I thought you would at least show some respect for taking a noble action but I don't think honour and dignity have mattered much in cybernations for a long time, if ever.

[quote name='Corinan' date='28 February 2010 - 03:52 PM' timestamp='1267336540' post='2207707']
I'd love to but his nation has ceased to be. As such, he's no longer an NSO member.
[/quote]

Not to worry, he's had a grand old time insulting us on IRC ever since \m/ agreed to our peace terms. Would you agree that he was an NSO member at that time?

Edited by Voytek

[quote name='Pedron Niall' date='27 February 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1267336673' post='2207714']
It is quite unfortunate for you that words have precise meanings. While I do not know how on Earth you could misconstrue the sentence, 'I will not surrender so long as I am Emperor of NSO,' apparently you were able to. My congratulations. For the record, his promise was that he would find white peace or he would step down as Emperor for the good of the alliance. Where 'loopholes' and 'technicalities' come in is a complete mystery to me, but if you want to keep on trolling Moldavi for no reason, I can't make it any worse than you do for yourself. I thought you would at least show some respect for taking a noble action but I don't think honour and dignity have mattered much in cybernations for a long time, if ever.
[/quote]

He's trying to make it sound like FARK forced him to resign or his alliance could not get peace. Everyone with a halfway functioning brain realizes he promised something he couldn't deliver and it's his own fault he felt the need to resign. We're just pointing it out over and over again because your side has adopted the tactic of "if we repeat this ridiculous notion again and again, hopefully people will start believing it" - we call this the "Bob Janova style" of propaganda distribution, and the easiest way to shut it down is to counter the ridiculous statements every time they are made.

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Penkala' date='27 February 2010 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1267334294' post='2207631']
Yes, clearly Hoo accepting viceroyalty of an alliance is just as bad as an institutionalized method of systematically dismantling alliances (for no reason) who posed threats, banishing competent leaders from the world so that no strength may be mustered, and giving permanent war and / or terms. Clearly.
[/quote]

wait, so now viceroys are no longer that bad of a thing? dang, first harsh/extortionate reps are no longer a bad thing. now viceroys aren't. what will no longer be considered a bad thing that the former Heg alliances got mauled over during the Karma war and then ridiculed since? removing gov members? oh wait, whoever(honestly can't remember who) fought Echelon in the Karma war already did that one. giving permanent war? this has gotta be it since we are seeing threats of it already with TOP/IRON.

soon, everything that the former Heg are chastised for will soon be okay once again, of course i bet you and others will continue to state it is not okay that [i]they[/i] did it, while stating it is okay for [i]your[/i] allies to do it...

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='27 February 2010 - 11:01 PM' timestamp='1267340703' post='2207863']
wait, so now viceroys are no longer that bad of a thing? dang, first harsh/extortionate reps are no longer a bad thing. now viceroys aren't. what will no longer be considered a bad thing that the former Heg alliances got mauled over during the Karma war and then ridiculed since? removing gov members? oh wait, whoever(honestly can't remember who) fought Echelon in the Karma war already did that one. giving permanent war? this has gotta be it since we are seeing threats of it already with TOP/IRON.

soon, everything that the former Heg are chastised for will soon be okay once again, of course i bet you and others will continue to state it is not okay that [i]they[/i] did it, while stating it is okay for [i]your[/i] allies to do it...
[/quote]

To be fair, at the time viceroys were not considered a bad thing. This also wasn't decided by myself or RoK alone, but by a coalition of over ten alliances. This was also requested by Terry Howard since I leaned towards lighter terms for The Illuminati during negotiations and cared more about their survival.

Yeah, I know ... people still try and bring it up to try and strengthen their poor "U R JUST AS BAD!!!" stance, but it makes little sense when you actually have the facts.

Congrats on peace, everyone. Sucks to see Ivan step down regardless of the reasons though.

Edited by Van Hoo III

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='28 February 2010 - 02:01 AM' timestamp='1267340703' post='2207863']

[/quote]

I believe it was GOD, MA, GR, RIA, RoK, VE, Athens, TTK, and RnR who banned Caffine from government.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' date='27 February 2010 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1267341984' post='2207903']
I believe it was GOD, MA, GR, RIA, RoK, VE, Athens, TTK, and RnR who banned Caffine from government.
[/quote]

Correction: Echelon banned Caffine from government, but that is an arguement for yet aother thread. ;)

[quote name='Krack' date='28 February 2010 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1267340358' post='2207852']
He's trying to make it sound like FARK forced him to resign or his alliance could not get peace. Everyone with a halfway functioning brain realizes he promised something he couldn't deliver and it's his own fault he felt the need to resign. We're just pointing it out over and over again because your side has adopted the tactic of "if we repeat this ridiculous notion again and again, hopefully people will start believing it" - we call this the "Bob Janova style" of propaganda distribution, and the easiest way to shut it down is to counter the ridiculous statements every time they are made.
[/quote]
He's not trying to make it sound like anything; you are blowing it up into a huge issue and I am saying it is not. He said he would step down if he could not get white peace. He did not get white peace; he stepped down. All he stated in the logs were that Fark knowingly put him into a position where, to hold his word, he would have to resign his position. He never blamed Fark and he stated he was fully aware of the consequences of his promise and his decision to follow through. You complain that he is playing technicalities and word games but it is you who are insinuating exactly such arguments when they never even existed in the first place. You're really just making this too hard. As hard it is for you to take a person at the face value of their words, I can see that it is even harder for you to bother providing justification for your argument except that "any person with a half-functioning brain ought to believe my position!!!" Good news is I have a full one and it tells me you're wrong.

Ivan Moldavi - NSO will never surrender under his watch:

1. He'll just negotiate the surrender, and
2. Beg the victors to use terminology ("defeat") that means the exact same thing as surrender, but isn't [i]only[/i] because it's a different word, and
3. Failing that, he'll resign and install someone else who will agree to the surrender terms he negotiated, and
4. He'll carry out the terms of surrender he negotiated,
5. But he definitely didn't surrender ... that's absurd.

[b][center]NSO: The Meaningless Technicality Alliance[/center][/b]

[center][img]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/richkrack/aloha/NSOFark.gif[/img][/center]

[quote name='Krack' date='28 February 2010 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1267347555' post='2208031']
Ivan Moldavi - NSO will never surrender under his watch:

1. He'll just negotiate the surrender, and
2. Beg the victors to use terminology ("defeat") that means the exact same thing as surrender, but isn't [i]only[/i] because it's a different word, and
3. Failing that, he'll resign and install someone else who will agree to the surrender terms he negotiated, and
4. He'll carry out the terms of surrender he negotiated,
5. But he definitely didn't surrender ... that's absurd.[/quote]

You are a bit off base on this one Krack. Without dredging up the quote from Ivan, he said he would not remain Emperor of NSO if they were to surrender. Which is why Ivan resigned as Emperor before he [i]signed[/i] the surrender terms presented in the OP. The current Emperor also signed them.

Ivan was looking for a way out of the corner he put himself in, and only his opponents could allow him out of that corner. Seeing how Fark, GO, CSN, and GOD were treated during the war by NSO and by Ivan in particular, it is not surprising that they were unwilling to bend over backwards to appease a defeated foe. Also, I have to disagree that surrender and defeat are synonyms. You can be defeated without ever surrendering, but the reverse is very difficult. They also have very different connotations when discussing an opponents conduct or status.

I normally wouldn't defend the NSO, but in this case they are being criticized for the wrong reasons. If you are going to critique them, use the "Peace is a lie" line of reasoning.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='28 February 2010 - 02:01 AM' timestamp='1267340703' post='2207863']

[/quote]

I didn't say any of that. Since you seem to be unable to read correctly, I will not respond further. If you want a serious discussion, address my points - don't make !@#$ up.

Edit: Indeed, I stopped reading after the first two sentences. I see now you're trying to use the 'slippery slope' argument on $1 reparations. You Hegemony sympathizers are truly a piece of work, you know that? We charged them a single dollar. Something they themselves had charged TPF. So overall NSO has not paid out anything from reps in their existence. No net loss. And you're literally in here equating this to being as bad as the Hegemony. Oh. My. Admin.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='28 February 2010 - 11:38 AM' timestamp='1267375341' post='2208398']
You Hegemony sympathizers are truly a piece of work, you know that?
[/quote]
Hegemony sympathizers?

First of all, NSO fought on the Karma side in the war that you're still fighting.

Secondly... do you realize what using that phrase makes you sound like?

[img]http://web.me.com/danflemming/cn/penkala_sympathizers.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Haflinger' date='28 February 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1267410358' post='2209244']
Hegemony sympathizers?

First of all, NSO fought on the Karma side in the war that you're still fighting.

Secondly... do you realize what using that phrase makes you sound like?

[img]http://web.me.com/danflemming/cn/penkala_sympathizers.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
I will admit that I got a chuckle out of that.