A Solution

augustus334

As I look around, all I see are people spending money and losing infrastructure. There is no progress. But their is a solution. Form a Council of Elders. Here's how it works. Each alliance that wants to be part will send one representative. All the representatives will be able to talk so instead of unnessecary violence, all alliance can focus on making their members grow and prosper. It would not be an alliance, you would still keep your AA as whatever you want, it would just be something in your bio. This idea is a work in progress. Please comment.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes some alliance leaders do talk, but not all of them, and when alliance leaders talk privately, it's not always about peace and building up nations, it's about secret war plans. I think it's nessecarry for their to be a real group dedicated to helping all alliances grow.

[quote name='augustus334' date='20 February 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1266673378' post='2193564']
As I look around, all I see are people spending money and losing infrastructure. There is no progress. But their is a solution. Form a Council of Elders. Here's how it works. Each alliance that wants to be part will send one representative. All the representatives will be able to talk so instead of unnessecary violence, all alliance can focus on making their members grow and prosper. It would not be an alliance, you would still keep your AA as whatever you want, it would just be something in your bio. This idea is a work in progress. Please comment.
[/quote]

Nah, The only reason we exist is when War comes we get to destroy !@#$. I rather destroy !@#$ for those few months rather then grow and prosper.

[quote name='augustus334' date='20 February 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1266673378' post='2193564']
[/quote]

Weren't you guys the first to pull out in this war?

The reason this won't work is that this game is built on war. Tensions build, politics get scrambled and every few months someone starts something. And it's not like anything bad happens as a result. Sure, pixels are lost, but this isn't like in real life where wars have serious consequences. So very few people on Planter Bob will be motivated to try and prevent war. And those that are already have gone and joined GPA.

[quote name='Jgoods45' date='20 February 2010 - 09:23 AM' timestamp='1266675789' post='2193581']
I kinda like the way things are at the moment. So no. Also, there is no secret war plans being discussed in Athens at this point in time. =(
[/quote]

Wait so we aren't blitzing MK at update?

Violence is never unnecessary and the only reason of people want to grow and prosper is to do more damage to their enemies when the violence begins.

If you don't like it, there is always the neutral alliances who unhappily soon or later will be targets of the unnecessary violence too.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='20 February 2010 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1266687477' post='2193793']
I like the naive sense that if we would only get to know each other and talk things out that all the world's problems would be solved.

[/quote]

I think the reason that people want to kick lumps out of each is because they do know each other,

[quote name='Lord Rune' date='20 February 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1266698056' post='2194056']
I think the reason that people want to kick lumps out of each is because they do know each other,
[/quote]

So very true.

Also, in reply to the OP, as much as I despise what so many blocs turn into, they do seem to be a necessary evil, one that is probably the best you can hope for in your desire to work out problems on a large scale.

All encompassing organizations like your good-intentioned Council of Elders have yet to address the fact that not everyone wants to get along at all. If you can find a common interest we all share, that would be the best first step. I am afraid I do not see one interest all of us share here on Planet Bob, but I am open to being corrected.

Edited by Fantastico

I never really understood what makes people want to end all war on Planet Bob. It's been a year since there was a war worth talking about. A year. War is an aspect of politics, and every-so-often things will come down to war. Every nation is its own ATM, in the year after this war, every nation will be stronger than it was today.

[quote name='The Feather' date='20 February 2010 - 11:34 AM' timestamp='1266687280' post='2193786']
The reason this won't work is that this game is built on war. Tensions build, politics get scrambled and every few months someone starts something. And it's not like anything bad happens as a result. Sure, pixels are lost, but this isn't like in real life where wars have serious consequences. So very few people on Planter Bob will be motivated to try and prevent war. And those that are already have gone and joined GPA.
[/quote]

Or they join some other alliance (and there are actually a few of us) that prefer to stay out of conflicts as a general rule.

Yes, that's a plug. I admit it :P

Best of luck to both sides of this conflict. Keep it up as long as you like, (although everyone in Lander Clan has gone to bunkers just to get out of the nuclear winter) and those of us who are not involved will sell you tech - or buy it from you :smug: - when you're done.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='Lord Rune' date='20 February 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1266698056' post='2194056']
[/quote]

:lol1:

It's comments like these :popcorn: that keeps my popcorn popping.

[quote name='Tulafaras' date='20 February 2010 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1266702292' post='2194127']
personally if we formed such a council and had no tension/war on planet bob anymore, i would desert my nation within a year.
[/quote]
However, if the council couldn't agree, and became tense, then split into two sides, and a war broke out.........

[quote name='Jgoods45' date='20 February 2010 - 09:23 AM' timestamp='1266675789' post='2193581']
I kinda like the way things are at the moment. So no. Also, there is no secret war plans being discussed in Athens at this point in time. =(
[/quote]

What about the ones to take down you know who?

*whispers* Mushking roomdom >_>

[quote name='Fantastico' date='20 February 2010 - 02:59 PM' timestamp='1266699578' post='2194077']
I am afraid I do not see one interest all of us share here on Planet Bob, but I am open to being corrected.
[/quote]

I can think of one or two, but I need more nukes and a much bigger alliance before feeling comfortable enough to say it in public ;)