Avalon Issues a Declaration of War

[quote name='Kandria' date='16 February 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1266349597' post='2185986']
I am amused though, that there has not been really a war to date that I've seen where there isn't at last one person going
"but I don't agree with your reason, you suck, wars suck!"
So seeing a mix of support, and "but whyyyyyy" doesn't surprise me.

Avalon does not go to war on a whim, we do not enjoy bloodshed, and we absolutely do not enjoy purple blood shed.
However, there are times that we have to let loose the dogs of war and charge in.
Sometimes it's honor, sometimes it's to aid a friend, and sometimes it's because injustice is being done on our sphere.
It is never done without research, and contemplation of other ways to handle it.

Whining at us won't change that, nit picking when, how, or why we step in, will not change that.

We back our friends, we stand together, and we do not run.

I'd like everyone that wants to complain at us some more, or attempt to downplay who we are, or pretend to understand us, to think about that first. You are not us, and you do not start to understand us, but this is also why we work so well together.
[/quote]

well said Kandria. I knew you could bring back you old self :D.

Long Live Queen Kandria!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Joe Stupid' date='16 February 2010 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1266351416' post='2186032']
I remember Avalon from Karma. Everyone said how brave they were, but they had 24 of 25 nations in PM and the other guy was like 500 NS. This shouldn't be a problem for stickmen.

Also hai Uncle P0rk
[/quote]

Ah I remember you, nothing good to say, and always trying to find a way to prove it.
In fact I was looking over my comments, and arguments people had about that in the last war just a bit ago.
I've said it once, and I'll say it again, it's called teamwork.
We don't stick our nations out there for people to pound on, we fight when we fight and we do not leave you targets to use as target practice in between.

Just because you attempted to engage us and found a shield wall, does not mean we did not fight. I had half a dozen wars at one point, and all of them thanked me for the battles we had. Unlike some, we do not just charge in eyes closed, you don't gain respect from that. Anyone can dogpile a person, it takes much more to use tactic, and walk away from a battle as a win or loss and still have your opponent clapping and happy, to have engaged with you.
Just because someone is not being a target for you to carelessly tromp over and destroy, does not mean they are weak, hippies, or any other names we have been called in the past. We do, will, and will continue to fight wars our way.

Do you honestly believe we'd have the friends we do, and the dedication from our members that we do, if we where just talk, and peace? We fight, we just don't see the need to be suicidal about it, or is tactics and strategy that dead nowdays? Do you expect a dogpile of hundreds of nations attacking without care, and backup attempting to overwhelm rather then do real damage, without support of friends?

Perhaps if more people thought out war a bit better, and planned it better, it would have a longer lasting effect so we're not at war every other month.

Edited by Kandria

[quote name='Haflinger' date='16 February 2010 - 07:09 PM' timestamp='1266343753' post='2185792']
Because you had a term requiring that you be granted a permanent senate seat in your first offer.
[/quote]
This is false, is this the crap you have been feeding to all these alliances who are coming in against iFOK?
You guys, (and the entire purple front) can get an easy exit with no reps or military disarming whatsoever if you just don't re-enter the current conflict. Seems reasonable to me.
You declined so we will continue to fight, but don't lie that we want reps or imply that there are senate terms because that is not the case.

@ Avalon, good luck, and welcome to the battlefield we will see you soon.

Edited by Timmehhh

[quote name='Kandria' date='16 February 2010 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1266352668' post='2186064']

[b]Do you honestly believe we'd have the friends we do[/b], and the dedication from our members that we do, if we where just talk, and peace? We fight, we just don't see the need to be suicidal about it, or is tactics and strategy that dead nowdays? Do you expect a dogpile of hundreds of nations attacking without care, and backup attempting to overwhelm rather then do real damage, without support of friends?

Perhaps if more people thought out war a bit better, and planned it better, it would have a longer lasting effect so we're not at war every other month.
[/quote]

It's because your a meat shield. You seem to have these illusions of grandeur, but really your nothing more then a meat shield. It's a shame really.

I have nice things to say, just to the people i like, and that list grows shorter by the day.

[quote name='Maccers The Great' date='15 February 2010 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1266291608' post='2184269']
so white peace for all those at war with iFOK, with the agreement that they would not reenter the conflict, is far from acceptable? I don't see how they can get any more lenient.
[/quote]
If its on both sides then hey lets talk but that is not what your offering.

[quote name='erikz' date='16 February 2010 - 09:39 AM' timestamp='1266331146' post='2185546']
Don't be unfair here, white peace always comes with a guarantee of not re-entering the conflict. You know that as well as I do.
[/quote]
see above

[quote name='MikeTheFirst' date='16 February 2010 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1266346027' post='2185872']
lol, no, and I should know because I've been doing the talking. It's never been anything else then what there's on the table now.
[/quote]
Check with Pork on this one as he has mentioned the senate in the agreement.

[quote name='Timmehhh' date='16 February 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1266353113' post='2186084']
This is false, is this the crap you have been feeding to all these alliances who are coming in against iFOK?
[/quote]
see above as well

Thanks Avalon as always your classy and honorable.

To those that have a short memory IFOK and co were pretty !@#$%* to Avalon showing them very little respect in the senate message issue and now IFOK and co want to complain they came in to help out those of us who treat them with the dignity and honor they deserve.

Kage as far as im concerned i can go with a live let live on Purple. Ive enjoyed a few different convos with a member or two of stickmen but I wont let someone point a finger and call us evil and then just take it when they do !@#$ to provoke other alliances. Its a two way street. They say we need to come to them I say why not meet in the middle this is either a very good oppurtunity for it or this will close the door on any future possibilities.

This senate thing is bullcrap. Jorost has always exactly known what the terms were, and no.. that did not include anything about a senate seat. Perhaps someone made a joke about it, but it was always crystal clear that it was not part of the offer we made.

Anyway, can we all stop the mockery and just get this over with? Avalon gotta do what they gotta do, and we'll do the same.

Enjoy the fight, Avalon!

Edited by ikMark

[quote name='ikMark' date='16 February 2010 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1266355115' post='2186155']
This senate thing is bullcrap. Jorost has always exactly known what the terms were, and no.. that did not include anything about a senate seat. Perhaps someone made a joke about it, but it was always crystal clear that it was not part of the offer we made.

Anyway, can we all stop the mockery and just get this over with? Avalon gotta do what they gotta do, and we'll do the same.

Enjoy the fight, Avalon!
[/quote]
Then why were many of us approached about it and Pork confirmed it. Just wondering is all.

[quote name='Buds The Man' date='16 February 2010 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1266355217' post='2186160']
Then why were many of us approached about it and Pork confirmed it. Just wondering is all.
[/quote]

Perhaps it's just someone who likes to joke on people, very much like GWB did?

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='16 February 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1266355420' post='2186171']
Perhaps it's just someone who likes to joke on people, very much like GWB did?
[/quote]

At this point, since it's been said several times who said it to them, I'd suggest, talking to the named person. It is not like, they're holding back WHO made the debated offer.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' date='16 February 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1266298467' post='2184817']
I'm glad to see this. Seeing the petty squabbles between old and new purple over things as trivial as a senate seat causes nothing but headaches for those of us just trying to be on the sphere. I hope this bloodletting between the two factions will lead to better relations on the sphere.

To Stumpy, I'd like to be made prince of purple for my efforts to bring peace to Purple.
[/quote]
I will allow it. Kage is hereby appointed to the position of "Prince of Purple" for his exceptional work in bringing peace to my kingdom.

oh hi!

i said in some initial conversations with Jorost that i would imagine that would come up as a condition for peace. I don't think it materialized into anything more formal than that, and it certainly has been tabled for the purposes of peace discussions if it ever truly made it in. What can I say, when i see you're down, i'm an opportunistic es oh bee!

So that was something we talked about early on. After jorost mentioned that it didn't look too possible, we moved onto something like: how about an admission of defeat? that too was a no-go, although anyone who looks at the charts can see who is taking the most damage.

after that, we came back with: "how about we peace out white style if you simple agree to not re-engage" and this too, was not accepted as it was deemed that doing so would make invicta look like traitors as they wouldn't be able to help out their treaty partners. To which i'd like to take the opportunity to mention that they're not exactly in the shape to be doing something like that.

So, that's where where at! if anyone else would like to comment on what i supposedly said/didn't say, can you please be:

a) someone that i had a conversation with
or
b) have logs from someone without a past history of doctoring logs?

Thanks!

also: Thanks for name dropping Haf! Always a pleasure!

[quote name='ikMark' date='16 February 2010 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1266355115' post='2186155']
...it was always crystal clear that it was not part of the offer we made...
[/quote]
Apparently not, judging by the responses here. :P

Edited by Locke

[quote name='Timmehhh' date='16 February 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1266353113' post='2186084']
[/quote]
It's not false. The first offer came from p0rksab3r, and had that term.