Avalon Issues a Declaration of War

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Erwin Schrodinger' date='16 February 2010 - 02:20 AM' timestamp='1266286800' post='2183980']
PS: we tried to organize a counter attack. But failed due to your very well made hippy shield. I've not seen anything like it, and we don't know what to do. Plz give cheat codes.
[/quote]

It's called teamwork, there is no way around it. Not even for cookies and pie.

That aside, I look forward to meeting many on the battle field

[quote name='Maccers The Great' date='15 February 2010 - 06:27 PM' timestamp='1266287254' post='2183997']
You would have helped the cause of purple unity by working with us to get them to accept white peace.
[/quote]

How about this? As a member of a Purple alliance, I'd like to get the ball rolling towards Purple Unity (not the treaty) that includes the Stickmen.

Hi, my name is KageTheSecond and I think the Stickmen are pretty cool. They do stuff differently than most other purple alliances, and that's okay. I accept them for who they are. I hope we can be friends.

PU alliances, try and follow my lead.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' date='15 February 2010 - 10:47 PM' timestamp='1266295678' post='2184523']
How about this? As a member of a Purple alliance, I'd like to get the ball rolling towards Purple Unity (not the treaty) that includes the Stickmen.

Hi, my name is KageTheSecond and I think the Stickmen are pretty cool. They do stuff differently than most other purple alliances, and that's okay. I accept them for who they are. I hope we can be friends.

[/quote]

We would also like to see that, but both stickmen and PU have been at each other for it. I hope a day will come after this war that stickmen and PU actually work together

[quote name='Maccers The Great' date='15 February 2010 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1266291608' post='2184269']
so white peace for all those at war with iFOK, with the agreement that they would not reenter the conflict, is far from acceptable? I don't see how they can get any more lenient.
[/quote]

If you are the one and only Maccers you know that I know that you know that you are quite imaginative. White peace means peace with no conditions, peace with conditions is not white peace. If offered the same terms would you accept? Of course not. :)

EEjack

[quote name='KagetheSecond' date='15 February 2010 - 10:47 PM' timestamp='1266295678' post='2184523']

[/quote]

Kage, I'm actually 100% in agreement with you on this despite my public disagreements with the Stickmen. The problem is that they expect Purple Unity to change to acomodate them. It has to be a two way street. So, in that vein as the senate issue seems to have been a visible symbol of our lack of understanding, I will make this proposal as the leader of SNAFU that I will take back to the rest of PEACE for discussion:

At the conclusion of the present hostilities, PEACE will include the 3 Stickmen alliances in our senate rotation. No obligation to join the treaty, or work together other than for the general sphere benefit i.e. trading together. In this manner, we will all be working towards a common, if not somewhat symbolic, goal and we all get an equal seat at the table. We might have to work on our what we consider a valid reason for a sanction would be :P but at least we'd be communicating while working it out.

Of course I can't make a unilateral change to a treaty, but if the Stickmen are willing to work on a compromise such as this, I'm willing to be the advocate from within PEACE.

[quote name='Stetson' date='15 February 2010 - 09:03 PM' timestamp='1266296620' post='2184633']
Kage, I'm actually 100% in agreement with you on this despite my public disagreements with the Stickmen. The problem is that they expect Purple Unity to change to acomodate them. It has to be a two way street. So, in that vein as the senate issue seems to have been a visible symbol of our lack of understanding, I will make this proposal as the leader of SNAFU that I will take back to the rest of PEACE for discussion:

At the conclusion of the present hostilities, PEACE will include the 3 Stickmen alliances in our senate rotation. No obligation to join the treaty, or work together other than for the general sphere benefit i.e. trading together. In this manner, we will all be working towards a common, if not somewhat symbolic, goal and we all get an equal seat at the table. We might have to work on our what we consider a valid reason for a sanction would be :P but at least we'd be communicating while working it out.

Of course I can't make a unilateral change to a treaty, but if the Stickmen are willing to work on a compromise such as this, I'm willing to be the advocate from within PEACE.
[/quote]

I'm glad to see this. Seeing the petty squabbles between old and new purple over things as trivial as a senate seat causes nothing but headaches for those of us just trying to be on the sphere. I hope this bloodletting between the two factions will lead to better relations on the sphere.

To Stumpy, I'd like to be made prince of purple for my efforts to bring peace to Purple.

[quote name='Maccers The Great' date='15 February 2010 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1266291608' post='2184269']
so white peace for all those at war with iFOK, with the agreement that they would not reenter the conflict, is far from acceptable? I don't see how they can get any more lenient.
[/quote]
If those terms are so acceptable, why do you refuse them?

[quote name='Stetson' date='16 February 2010 - 05:03 AM' timestamp='1266296620' post='2184633']

[/quote]

Why do you think we give something about a senate seat? It is PU that is crying havoc each time we obtain such a seat, not us. Also to your previous statement about us wanting PU to change to accommodate us. That is just incorrect. You can do w/e floats your boat and we will do w/e floats our boats. No one here should feel the need to bend to another.

Unlike most of you think, our war on purple didn't have anything to do with purple itself or the alliances on it. We were requested to help out on this front, and we did. If we needed to attack another front, that would have been fine to us as well. Don't make this about purple when purple has nothing to do with it.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='16 February 2010 - 02:49 AM' timestamp='1266310152' post='2185292']
Why do you think we give something about a senate seat? It is PU that is crying havoc each time we obtain such a seat, not us. Also to your previous statement about us wanting PU to change to accommodate us. That is just incorrect. You can do w/e floats your boat and we will do w/e floats our boats. No one here should feel the need to bend to another.

Unlike most of you think, our war on purple didn't have anything to do with purple itself or the alliances on it. We were requested to help out on this front, and we did. If we needed to attack another front, that would have been fine to us as well. Don't make this about purple when purple has nothing to do with it.
[/quote]

The senate seat seemed to be a big deal when you cited it as one of your major reasons for moving to purple. I said it was symbolic but as has been the case at every point since you moved to purple, you've cast aside any attempt at working together and blame it on us.

That's fine, I guess it's all a matter of interpretation and you can call it whatever you want, but saying that you didn't want to hit Purple sure seems a stretch after the lengths you had to go to get there. That chain couldn't have been longer if you tried. Much like MK's repeated "jokes" about rolling TOP turned into this ugly reality, when you say enough times that you want to see a group of alliances (Purple Unity), or a single alliance (Invicta) dead it becomes kinda hard to say after the fact, "I don't know where you would get the idea we want to fight you!" LOL

Okay, so what I don't get is... everyone cries about having all these "Stickmen Vs Purple Unity" threads. And now, another DoW has been turned into one of [i]those[/i] threads. Just stop. Let's fight this damn war, and after it just ignore each other, we're all better of that way seeing as how clearly we won't be working together.

Now that's said...

o/ Avalon

Edited by President S O

[quote name='Stetson' date='16 February 2010 - 08:59 AM' timestamp='1266310760' post='2185300']
The senate seat seemed to be a big deal when you cited it as one of your major reasons for moving to purple. I said it was symbolic but as has been the case at every point since you moved to purple, you've cast aside any attempt at working together and blame it on us. [/quote]

It was one of the reasons, but I won't claim it was a major one. The one and foremost reason is and was Stickmen Unity.
[quote]
That's fine, I guess it's all a matter of interpretation and you can call it whatever you want, but saying that you didn't want to hit Purple sure seems a stretch after the lengths you had to go to get there. That chain couldn't have been longer if you tried. Much like MK's repeated "jokes" about rolling TOP turned into this ugly reality, when you say enough times that you want to see a group of alliances (Purple Unity), or a single alliance (Invicta) dead it becomes kinda hard to say after the fact, "I don't know where you would get the idea we want to fight you!" LOL
[/quote]

I will not lie and state that I think it was kinda sweet that we could hit Invicta. But there is a big difference in just a war and destroying an entire alliance. Again, I have said thousands of times, we are not out to cripple or destroy Invicta. Just after a few days, we had offered Invicta a decent way out, w/o crippling or mocking terms. If they don't want to take that, that is their decision. But don't try to claim that we are holding Invicta in an eternal war.

For Avalon, you gotta do what you gotta do but don't claim you did this to prevent more purple blood being spilled. You wanted a piece of us just like the rest of PU (who is after who really?), and you declared us. That is fine, just be honest and enjoy your fight.

[quote name='Guffey' date='16 February 2010 - 03:32 AM' timestamp='1266287527' post='2184004']
stickmen started this bloodshed, stickmen are the culprits, therefor stickmen must get some parental discipline from some old purple blood. They are like the rebellious child on purple, but with some discipline, things will be all good.
[/quote]
What? I'm sorry, but I think it was IRON/TOP who started this, then purplol coming to their support, then them being vaporized by Stickmen, NV etc.... and you call Stickmen the aggressor? Please.... inform yourself before talking about who started the bloodshed.

[quote name='EEjack' date='16 February 2010 - 05:55 AM' timestamp='1266296145' post='2184561']
If you are the one and only Maccers you know that I know that you know that you are quite imaginative. White peace means peace with no conditions, peace with conditions is not white peace. If offered the same terms would you accept? Of course not. :)

EEjack
[/quote]
Don't be unfair here, white peace always comes with a guarantee of not re-entering the conflict. You know that as well as I do.

[quote name='erikz' date='17 February 2010 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1266331146' post='2185546']
Don't be unfair here, white peace always comes with a guarantee of not re-entering the conflict. You know that as well as I do.
[/quote]

I could be wrong here, but I don't think the condition he was talking about had anything to do with re-entering the conflict.

[quote name='flak attack' date='16 February 2010 - 11:33 AM' timestamp='1266338008' post='2185687']
Poor stickmen. Now they have to deal with three and a half months of Avalon whining about how evil they are.
[/quote]
They should just surrender now then, save themselves the agony. :v:

[quote name='Haflinger' date='16 February 2010 - 07:09 PM' timestamp='1266343753' post='2185792']
Because you had a term requiring that you be granted a permanent senate seat in your first offer.
[/quote]

lol, no, and I should know because I've been doing the talking. It's never been anything else then what there's on the table now.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='16 February 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1266310152' post='2185292']

[/quote]

What some of us want is a mutual understanding between the two parties. I want to be able to have a purple thread that doesn't have to relate back to PU/Stickmen issues. People in UPN and Invicta and the other hardline old purple alliances need to be able to come to terms with the way the Stickmen conduct themselves, and I'd like the Stickmen to facilitate that by not being such dicks to them all the time. Its a lofty goal, but I still have hope.

As to your declaration on Purple, its just how the treaties broke down. There's no conspiracy against stickmen or against PU. Get over yourselves, people.

I am amused though, that there has not been really a war to date that I've seen where there isn't at last one person going
"but I don't agree with your reason, you suck, wars suck!"
So seeing a mix of support, and "but whyyyyyy" doesn't surprise me.

Avalon does not go to war on a whim, we do not enjoy bloodshed, and we absolutely do not enjoy purple blood shed.
However, there are times that we have to let loose the dogs of war and charge in.
Sometimes it's honor, sometimes it's to aid a friend, and sometimes it's because injustice is being done on our sphere.
It is never done without research, and contemplation of other ways to handle it.

Whining at us won't change that, nit picking when, how, or why we step in, will not change that.

We back our friends, we stand together, and we do not run.

I'd like everyone that wants to complain at us some more, or attempt to downplay who we are, or pretend to understand us, to think about that first. You are not us, and you do not start to understand us, but this is also why we work so well together.