So, iFOK...

Haflinger

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='zzzptm' date='06 February 2010 - 11:09 AM' timestamp='1265472550' post='2164589']
Bottom line, as long as you're burned, you're not going anywhere.
[/quote]
This was a clever post and I approve of it.

OOC: Love that show. Just finished the second season. /OOC

[quote name='MadScotsman' date='07 February 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1265573820' post='2167221']
It is a small sphere in the manor only a tiny percentage of new starts automatically join purple. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

How does the number of nations joining the sphere when they are new determine whether it is large or small...

Edited by Shovel

A former member of SLCB became disillusioned with us, and attacked an SLCB nation. We talked about this with the helpful people at TPF and appealed to a kind, decent, hardworking senator on the purple sphere to take action against such nastiness in the forum of a sanction.

Is something not right with this process?

We have found Michel De Ryuter to be a kind, compassionate, understanding and accessible senator who is working hard to ensure a more unified purple sphere. I would strongly encourage voters to take notice of this example of the senate structure in action.

Thanks for your continued professionalism.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='06 February 2010 - 02:33 PM' timestamp='1265466815' post='2164428']
I would applaud them for doing that, cause that will open a bigger can of worms.

It's official I'm the new noWedge.
[/quote]

I'm not sure you have his winning personality.

[quote name='Penkala' date='07 February 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1265570047' post='2167119']You've backed them in the last 3 wars militarily. You support them.[/quote]
Your causality is backwards. And you're missing a lot of wars.

In Karma, we supported Pacifica - our treaty partners - as we felt that while the attack on OV was wrong, the response from the other side was greatly disproportionate. Which we said in our DoW. In particular, we thought that NPO deserved the same treatment as the alliance who pushed for the attack on OV.

We supported Pacifica immediately. IRON ... well you remember CoC. They did eventually show up, and of course we weren't going to say "Hey you! Get out!"

That's probably the first war you're thinking of.

In the California incident (which you probably don't even know about), we supported TPF. IRON was nowhere to be seen as far as I know.

In Dove War II, once again, we supported TPF. IRON did show up, this time with a lot less prodding than in Karma. Once again, of course if people want to help us achieve our goals we're not going to kick them out. But we were there on an ODP because the CB was garbage. That's probably the second war you know about.

And now for the current conflict. We supported the original CB against \m/ and thought Grub was right. IRON was willing to come in and help; I've been pretty loud in my disapproval of how they decided to offer that help, but ultimately it's their sovereign decision. And once again, just like NPO did in Karma, they're facing an extreme penalty from what was basically a small infraction, because a lot of people won't let go of grudges. This would probably be the third war.

In other conflicts, the closest we ever came to supporting IRON was in the Jarheads war. We supported NPO's declaration on Jarheads, hoping that perhaps some of the rulers brought to Planet Bob by Jarheads' leaders could be persuaded to stay and join more traditionally-organized alliances. In other wars... well, Legion-Universalis, we defended Legion against Vanguard's completely unreasonable attack; War of the Coalition, we honoured an MADP against our will, and that MADP no longer exists; and Illuminati, we attacked because their government was threatening our members.

So yeah. Totally a history of supporting IRON. :rolleyes: More like a history of IRON occasionally showing up late to coalitions we were already a part of.

[quote name='Firkked' date='07 February 2010 - 12:12 PM' timestamp='1265573532' post='2167211']
More useless drama.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Wait. Krieky, didn't you [s]bawwwww[/s] [s]plead[/s] campaign for this seat on the basis of bringing justice and honor to the Purple Senate?
[/quote]
I, for one, am impressed with his implementation of his campaign promises.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='08 February 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1265607272' post='2168233']
Not yet.

We had passed Green for the #4 spot before Stickmen came. Now that's no longer the case.
[/quote]
Apparently your recruitment efforts are to blame; since the three of us are primarily tight-knit groups of old friends.

iFOK = somehow ended up being the retiring place for old LEO signatories (YES I AM STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO JOIN US TOO MIXOUX!) :awesome:
SLCB = ex-CIS
FCO = Finns

So you see, it has nothing to do with us; its more your apparent lack of recruitment abilities. Not to mention our rate of growth as individual alliances has really dwarfed your own.

[quote name='porksaber' date='07 February 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1265578564' post='2167327']
We have found Michel De Ryuter to be a kind, compassionate, understanding and accessible senator who is working hard to ensure a more unified purple sphere. I would strongly encourage voters to take notice of this example of the senate structure in action.

Thanks for your continued professionalism.
[/quote]
The rest of Purple outside your pretend (partial)Purple group find him to be a destructive force on Purple and he is now happily leading his alliance as part of a coalition in a "curbstomp" against Purple. Anyone who thinks he gives a damn about the Purple sphere is not in touch with reality.

[quote name='Rafael Nadal' date='07 February 2010 - 05:30 PM' timestamp='1265592644' post='2167778']
I, for one, am impressed with his implementation of his campaign promises.
[/quote]

[quote name='Haflinger' date='07 February 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1265611551' post='2168396']
Your membership is OK with being in a Purple sphere that's run from outside. Ours isn't.
[/quote]

[quote name='Alterego' date='07 February 2010 - 11:00 PM' timestamp='1265612408' post='2168415']
The rest of Purple outside your pretend (partial)Purple group find him to be a destructive force on Purple and he is now happily leading his alliance as part of a coalition in a "curbstomp" against Purple. Anyone who thinks he gives a damn about the Purple sphere is not in touch with reality.
[/quote]

So it's unanimous - 4 out of 5 people outside of purple approve of how they've manipulated their senator...

[quote name='Locke' date='06 February 2010 - 05:58 PM' timestamp='1265507907' post='2165690']
I was born and raised there. And I'm one of the more OWF active members who's from (well, was from :v:) that sphere. And I know more than a thing or two about purple politics. ;) Perhaps I should add this to my other title:
[/quote]
hmm, that title is awfully close to mine :P

anyway, I believe this qualifies as another much ado about nothing/moral crusade thread from the purple drama machine [IMG]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l133/Fronz_2006/Smilies/stface.png[/IMG]

Another topic about the purple senate? :mellow:

But anyways, If your so pissed about an alliance exercising their sovereign right to sanction someone on the purple sphere that SLCB believes has wronged them all because they didn't follow some protocols of some damn unity treaty that they are not even a signatory of then you seriously need a reality check. Why should they follow your rules?

I admit, I don't know much of the situation, this just seems to be the reason why this is such a big deal to you. :P

[quote name='Penkala' date='08 February 2010 - 12:14 AM' timestamp='1265570047' post='2167119']
Listen, when 'our side' starts being even 10% as bad as the people you supported and still support, [i]then[/i] you can complain. Until then you look like a joke.

You've backed them in the last 3 wars militarily. You support them.
[/quote]

They have been there for their friends and we've been their for our friends. If they happen to lie on the same side, so be it. We Dont go to defend our friends seeing where Invicta would stand and sometimes, its simply hard to predict where Invicta stands. In last few months, we've been on same side, likely on opposing side and it seemed we may not be on same side in this conflict but here we are. Invicta rolls for its friends and we roll for ours. Some of them happen to be common.

The only time I can recall where Invicta and IRON had one-on-one chat was when a purple rogue alliance decided to hit both of us and thats about it, around 30-40 mins of direct chit chat.

As for you Haf, I believe the three times we've been on same side, once we were late, then we were in around same time, and this time around, you're the ones who are late. History is more or less balanced, but you are free to believe whatever you want.

Edited by shahenshah

This discussion is still going on? Shouldn't you be more worried about things other than the senate? Like your hemorrhaging NS? One might also begin thinking about your PR stance, as your membership has been crying about the # of alliances on them. Perhaps there's a reason so many were eager to hit you?

[quote name='Micheal Malone' date='08 February 2010 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1265617072' post='2168479']
This discussion is still going on? Shouldn't you be more worried about things other than the senate? Like your hemorrhaging NS? One might also begin thinking about your PR stance, as your membership has been crying about the # of alliances on them. Perhaps there's a reason so many were eager to hit you?
[/quote]

That's ridiculous. Just because they're at war - even if they're losing - doesn't mean they have to immediately drop all other concerns they have. It is entirely possible to concern oneself with multiple issues without the universe imploding.

[quote]A former member of SLCB became disillusioned with us, and attacked an SLCB nation[/quote]
The war screen shows that SLCB attacked him first.

[quote]We have found Michel De Ryuter to be a kind, compassionate, understanding and accessible senator who is working hard to ensure a more unified purple sphere[/quote]
Yeah, right. Even as a non-Purple outsider it's been clear that Stickmen take great joy in destabilising the existing Purple institutions. If you were interested in a unified Purple then you'd sign up to the existing structures for Purple unity. If someone came into Green, refused to deal with the UJA, ran for Senate and then claimed to be 'working hard to ensure a more unified Green sphere' they'd be laughed right off the stage.

This silliness, unfortunately, just won't end.

As for the actual sanction, my own personal practice -- and I hate getting sanction requestions -- is that the rogue has to be a nuclear rogue before I'll harm other purple nations with a sanction. I'm also open to other very compelling evidence, but that's my general practice.

I'm not sure of the reasons behind the sanctions so I won't pass judgment one way or the other.

Though, I do chuckle at the idea of Stickmen working to promote purple unity. And I think Stickmen, heh, would chuckle at that as well.

[quote name='TECUMSEH' date='08 February 2010 - 10:17 AM' timestamp='1265642240' post='2168735']Though, I do chuckle at the idea of Stickmen working to promote purple unity. And I think Stickmen, heh, would chuckle at that as well.
[/quote]

I know I have nothing but the greatest ambition to see a purple sphere united under the Stickmen :awesome: