Ragnarok Announcement

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='02 February 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1265146197' post='2153869']
As one of those primarily responsible for this treaty, I am quite naturally a bit disappointed that it was terminated, but also understand completely why it was necessary to do so and hope that one day both parties re-discover The Undiscovered Country.
[/quote]
Considering the beauty of it, it is a shame so few had a chance to see it. Oh well, guess we'll just have to look at the path and remember for now.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Affluenza' date='02 February 2010 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1265144254' post='2153820']
iirc GOD has always been prepared for an eventual NpO attack...

I also heard white peace was on the table for NSO...I think that idea will now definately be shelved entirely. Alliances that enter in "support" usually get off with white peace. I don't see why GOD would have imposed terms and stuff on NSO.

Just my opinion ofcourse.
[/quote]
We've been expecting an NpO attack for about two years, with a bit of a break between WotC and Karma where we were expecting NPO to attack us instead.

The only term aside form white peace that was seriously brought up - by Fark, not GOD - was that NSO wouldn't be allowed to re-enter the war against us; I bet FOK, PC and \m/ sure wish they thought of a similar term with NpO, huh?

While I am in no position to demand it, I would be very happy if my current allies, and also others, could be respectful enough to let us depart with a dear former ally in peace. This is not the place for discussing matters that can be discussed elsewhere.

Good luck Polar :)

Edited by SpiderJerusalem

[quote name='NoFish' date='02 February 2010 - 02:39 PM' timestamp='1265143168' post='2153771']
First and foremost, before letting my lesser self delve into the muck of this thread, I would like to say that Rok has been as good of an ally as GOD could ever ask for and that [b]anyone[/b] being canceled on by them should take a good hard look at themselves and thinking about exactly what it is they did wrong.

Right, we're so hard to get along with which [b]is why we were trying our damnedest to get white peace for NSO.[/b] [i]Quit lying[/i].

If Polar gave the slighest bit of a crap about NSO getting peace they would have engaged in negotiations with Fark to try to get them to commit to the white peace agreement which [b]GOD had put forth of our own volition.[/b] Polar is attacking us to try to get a different alliance to give peace. This isn't about relieving pressure from NSO, either, we're at war with less than 10% of NSO's nations. [b]AlmightySponge wants to settle an old grudge with Xiphosis and that's that.[/b][/quote]

"Quit Lying" - where oh where did I lie in my post? I merely stated some alternate views, or some might consider that my opinion. Were they lies - NO they weren't

Oh well GOD will be displeased with NoFish on Friday in the cafeteria.

[quote name='King DrunkWino' date='02 February 2010 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1265139564' post='2153674']
I agree. Hoo is one of the most chill dudes I've happened to run across in all of Planet Bob. If you honestly spend ten minutes talking to the dude and come away thinking he's some sort of !@#$%^&, you're trying too hard.
[/quote]

Sadly this is true. It's no secret NATO and RoK have a checkered past to say the least and I may have at times cursed his name, but Hoo is a good guy in the rare occasion I take the blinders off and do so, even if only for a minute.

That said, well wishes to both RoK and NpO regardless of which side either alliance falls.

[quote name='NoFish' date='02 February 2010 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1265146626' post='2153883']
We've been expecting an NpO attack for about two years, with a bit of a break between WotC and Karma where we were expecting NPO to attack us instead.

[b]The only term aside form white peace [/b]that was seriously brought up - by Fark, not GOD - was that NSO wouldn't be allowed to re-enter the war against us; I bet FOK, PC and \m/ sure wish they thought of a similar term with NpO, huh?
[/quote]

From CN wiki...

[b]White peace refers to when alliances declare peace in a conflict without being subject to any formal terms or conditions[/b]. This means that no one side surrenders to the other, no reparations are paid or improvement/wonder restrictions are enforced for example.

So by the definition what was offered was [u][b]NOT[/b][/u] White Peace because there were terms being laid on the table

[quote name='NoFish' date='03 February 2010 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1265143168' post='2153771']
AlmightySponge wants to settle an old grudge with Xiphosis and that's that.
[/quote]

I swear I even heard somewhere that NpO wanted to settle an old grudge with \m/ recently, how did that go?

Other than that, what I noticed was Polar and RoK being quite classy towards each other in midst of all sorts of stuff that was/is flying around.

[quote name='trance addict' date='02 February 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1265141547' post='2153727']
1) Ask the general consense of how easy it was to speak with GOD about acheiveing peace during the Karma War - particulariy the fine folks in Echelon, ask them how Diplomatic GOD was willing to be.
[/quote]
Xiphosis is actually pretty reasonable, so long as you haven't wronged him or his allies (See the peace terms he gave in the NoCB war, or the terms given to GDA during Karma). NSO has done nothing to wrong them or his friends and entered the war through treaty obligations. I have very little difficulty believing the idea that he was willing to give white peace. As long as you leave him and his friends alone, Xiphosis is pretty content to leave you alone.

[quote name='trance addict' date='02 February 2010 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1265148401' post='2153921']
From CN wiki...

[b]White peace refers to when alliances declare peace in a conflict without being subject to any formal terms or conditions[/b]. This means that no one side surrenders to the other, no reparations are paid or improvement/wonder restrictions are enforced for example.

So by the definition what was offered was [u][b]NOT[/b][/u] White Peace because there were terms being laid on the table
[/quote]

:facepalm:

[quote]The only term aside form white peace that [b]was seriously brought up [/b]- by Fark, not GOD - was that NSO wouldn't be allowed to re-enter the war against us; I bet FOK, PC and \m/ sure wish they thought of a similar term with NpO, huh?[/quote]

How about you open your eyes, get your head out of your $@!, and actually learn to read. You are beginning to look like a petulant child.

And just to spell it out for you: white peace was being discussed, along with other possibilities. That is what NoFish said.

:facepalm:

Edited by SpacingOutMan

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='02 February 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1265139079' post='2153660']
RoK extending its alliance with Bel Air to its successor is hardly a "slap in the face".
[/quote]

Considering \m/ is also made up of former RAD members that pulled a stunt on NSO an ally of Polar why on earth did RoK ally with Belair and why did they continue it to \m/.

Everybody here is about connecting degrees of separation - ally of an ally extensions. The NSO/RAD thing happened a few months ago, but its still generally the same thing.

People need to drop the ally of an ally bit... In the history of CN I am sure its not the first time its happened and I am sure its not the last time it will happen.

Somebody should make a post of all previous wars where an ally attacked an ally of one of their allies. I bet the list contains some names that are here bashing Polar.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Fernando12' date='02 February 2010 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1265151315' post='2153986']
Considering \m/ is also made up of former RAD members that pulled a stunt on NSO an ally of Polar why on earth did RoK ally with Belair and why did they continue it to \m/.

Everybody here is about connecting degrees of separation - ally of an ally extensions. The NSO/RAD thing happened a few months ago, but its still generally the same thing.

People need to drop the ally of an ally bit... In the history of CN I am sure its not the first time its happened and I am sure its not the last time it will happen.

Somebody should make a post of all previous wars where an ally attacked an ally of an alliance. I bet the list contains some names that are here bashing Polar.
[/quote]

Despite what you may think, attacking an ally of an ally is not and has never been common. I actually personally can't recall another time when that's happened, and I've been here for quite a while.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='02 February 2010 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1265151436' post='2153988']
Despite what you may think, attacking an ally of an ally is not and has never been common. I actually personally can't recall another time when that's happened, and I've been here for quite a while.
[/quote]
I can think of another time it [i]almost[/i] happened, though.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='02 February 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1265151315' post='2153986']
Considering \m/ is also made up of former RAD members that pulled a stunt on NSO an ally of Polar why on earth did RoK ally with Belair and why did they continue it to \m/.[/quote]

RoK has been allied to RAD, Bel Air, and RageCo (all now collectively called \m/) since the day they each were founded. Not that it matters to us, but those friendships do pre-date our friendship with Polar.

[quote name='Comrade Korey' date='02 February 2010 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1265148334' post='2153918']
Sorry it's come to this. Your decision is well respected.
[/quote]

Obviously not :P

Reguardless, Why can't anyone just accept it and move on? I swear every time someone cancels a treaty there's a history lesson and it ends up with "No U!" Ehh whatever, have fun with your drama :P

o/ RoK