The Second Front

deth2munkies

With TOP, TORN, IRON, and a large portion of their allies "pre-emptively" declaring on CnG, then the peace wrought by the NpO, \m/ and the nuclear group that caused this war, it leaves the only unresolved conflict this new one between TOP and IRON and CnG.

So, I ask, what should the outcome be?

Should the TOP coalition (just to shorten it) be allowed to walk away after an unprovoked attack with a simple "Our bad?"

Should CnG and the TOP coalition continue calling allies and spark up another large conflict?

Or should CnG/TOP (Pick one) coalition just get rolled?

I've made my opinions clear: TOP coalition opened up another front in this war, and they should pay for it, but I'm interested as to what everyone else has to say.

Edited by deth2munkies

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their reasons were perfectly valid, but horrible timing. They skipped the middleman. CnG obviously would have been declaring if they declared.

So they can now run with an excellent excuse to roll their rivals regardless of the obvious connection between the conflicts. And they are connected, no matter how you'd like to legally spin it.

It's early to be commenting on things as the full story has not yet emerged.

But from what I have read on the forums, it appears that Polaris accepted peace without consulting their allies that pre-emptively declared war in their suppport. If this is not the case and I am missing information, please let me know. Otherwise, I am inclined to believe either this was a cleverely executed trap to get the C&G-TOP/IRON war everyone has been anticipating or it is a terrible case of poor communication with imense political consiquences.

Edited by Ch33kY

Their reasons were perfectly valid, but horrible timing. They skipped the middleman. CnG obviously would have been declaring if they declared.

So they can now run with an excellent excuse to roll their rivals regardless of the obvious connection between the conflicts. And they are connected, no matter how you'd like to legally spin it.

No, they're not.

If they had info saying CnG was going to mobilize tonight: They're spies.

Their official reason is a pre-emptive attack expecting the honoring of treaties that had no need of being honored due to peace being declared. Now they're stuck with their own offensive war.

You don't have to be an e-lawyer to point out they're separate fronts.

Even so, TOP coalition has largely hated CnG for some time now, so the "We don't like you" excuse is a valid CB. The fact that I don't like TOP or 90% of the alliances in their coalition would be mine if I had the power to do so in my alliance.

No, they're not.

If they had info saying CnG was going to mobilize tonight: They're spies.

Their official reason is a pre-emptive attack expecting the honoring of treaties that had no need of being honored due to peace being declared. Now they're stuck with their own offensive war.

You don't have to be an e-lawyer to point out they're separate fronts.

Even so, TOP coalition has largely hated CnG for some time now, so the "We don't like you" excuse is a valid CB. The fact that I don't like TOP or 90% of the alliances in their coalition would be mine if I had the power to do so in my alliance.

Yes, they are.

You are 'e-lawyering' and rightfully so, but I'll not be duped(dooped?,idk).

Read the DoW, read the post, look past your bias, put your bias back on, come spin it to convince everyone of your viewpoint directed at smearing the other side for the sake of being the other side, profit. I know how it works..

Yes, they are.

You are 'e-lawyering' and rightfully so, but I'll not be duped(dooped?,idk).

Read the DoW, read the post, look past your bias, put your bias back on, come spin it to convince everyone of your viewpoint directed at smearing the other side for the sake of being the other side, profit. I know how it works..

How does the perception of fronts have anything to do with bias?

I included the possibility (that I also personally don't agree with) that TOP could walk away with the whole "Mistake" option, which, if they were the same war, is the likely outcome.

But if they're different wars, that opens up a whole new can of worms.

You accuse people of bias an e-lawyering simply to attempt to avoid arguments, which is really what this whole thing is about, so just stop posting if you don't want someone to disagree.

How does the perception of fronts have anything to do with bias?

I included the possibility (that I also personally don't agree with) that TOP could walk away with the whole "Mistake" option, which, if they were the same war, is the likely outcome.

But if they're different wars, that opens up a whole new can of worms.

You accuse people of bias an e-lawyering simply to attempt to avoid arguments, which is really what this whole thing is about, so just stop posting if you don't want someone to disagree.

The only way they will be 'different wars' is if one of the sides wants to ride that 'e-lawyering' nonsense that the conflicts aren't related. They can validly do that if they want to, but you aren't going to say that the incidents aren't directly related and fool me into buying it. CnG's retaliation and IRON/TOP's continuation will both be a result of one or both of their own choosing, not because it is a new war.

i don´t know which of the options will happen or should happen, as this lies within the eye of the beholder,

but what i know is, that those 10k (?) nukes both sides have combined, will make an sweet little soft reset for the game.

So how high was GRL in karma again?

So, I ask, what should the outcome be?

Outcome of this topic is easy to predict, at least.

As for the war, this one is going to be an ugly one or a quick one and I really don't expect the latter. CnG will probably bring enough allies to make sure their post-war position is still strong enough. Then we'll be back to where we were two years ago (Q) with a dominant superbloc relatively unified and no opposition strong enough to really oppose or divide them.

I hope the purification of TOP (and IRON, and TORN) will finally bring happiness on Digiterra. I look forward to many deletions afterwards.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

I find my alliance and close friends attacked without cause. We won't be stopping until TOP, IRON, TORN, and all whom commit such craven acts are reduced to rubble.

Quote it, sig it, take it to the bank and cash it.

And that's what I love about you.

TOP and IRON launched a separate, aggressive war without any justification whatsoever. This is not a case of a flimsy or dubious casus belli, but the complete non-existence of reasoning. This will be treated as an entirely unrelated conflict, and will be reflected as such in the level of destruction wrought within TOP and IRON's nations.

All i know is TOP may need to quickly deal with their intense pixal hugging going on hold for a considerable amount of time. :ehm:

We don't claim to love pixels. Everyone else just assumes we do. If we did, we wouldn't have had the balls to DoW an entire bloc.

Edited by Jinnai