Announcement from \m/, Poison Clan, FOK! and New Polar Order

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11. I am more than happy to answer questions, or offer explanations for anything that has transpired. I will not however subscribe to conspiracy theories, personal abuse or idiotic behavior.

I suppose the biggest question is what are your thoughts on TOP and IRON's entry into the war?

Also when you say you haven't left the war yet, what exactly do you mean? I presume you intend to secure peace for all your allies first, anything else?

Edited by Lord Brendan

Appearances to the contrary, even if "tinfoil," I give Polar the benefit of the doubt. In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, I'd rather, as Grub points out, accept the obvious explanation rather than accept that Polar would so willfully manipulate its allies. Naive or right, time will tell. That said, it remains a tremendously difficult and frustrating position for Polar's allies at the moment.

I have posted a wall-o-text on our forums for my members. I will edit it some and post here in the morning.

I will however say the following in the meantime;

1. Polaris has not left the war and we will not until matters are resolved. As it stands we are largely in nuclear anarchy, we are not alone in this regard.

2. Peace terms were offered in the exact terms \m/ posted and the offer was publicly made as able to be accepted at any time. Was the timing opportune to the agenda of some, yes is clearly the answer.

3. Did I hang anyone out to dry? No

4. Did I conspire with anyone to trick anyone, deceive anyone or set a trap? Seriously, you people thrive on paranoia and tin-foil hat theories. I have never seen so much illogical nonsense as the rubbish I read today. Seriously, I amazed at the twists you people are willing to read into the plot to justify your own fantasies.

5. Archon is a pretty clever bloke, he doesn't need my help.

6. For all of those Polar scum , I hope you die posts, thank you. You restore my faith that most of CN is populated by raving lunatics. Thanks for waiting for an explanation before lashing out like a two year old child denied a lolly pop. My desire to defend people who behave like petulant children is only enhanced.

7. Despite my press to the contrary, I make mistakes, sometimes I could even do something about them.

8. Despite my press to the contrary, I do not control the entire game, my commitments in other realms or even the way things roll out due to various reasons.

9. \m/ accepting peace has changed the dynamics of the situation. Deal with it, it was after all the central matter of the whole episode, the parameters were blindly clear from the outset, clearly disclosed and no secret to anyone who bothered actually reading my posts.

10. There is no ten.

11. I am more than happy to answer questions, or offer explanations for anything that has transpired. I will not however subscribe to conspiracy theories, personal abuse or idiotic behavior.

12. If you feel played by something that has happened, perhaps you need to re-look at things a little objectively and perhaps the most obvious answer is the most appropriate. Considering the immense amount of nonsense I have read so far, your theories are not the most obvious to me. Perhaps actually knowing the truth of matters makes it hard for me to imagine through your eyes, but I don't think so.

13. War is fun, you all whinged and complained when no one went to war, you whinged and complained when we did and now you are whinging again when we peace.. seriously make up your mind.

14. To my allies, treated and non-treated, I apologize if the timing of this matter causes you inconvenience. That was not my intention, nor was it really under my control as you will note by the OP not being me. I have not forgotten anyone, you can either accept that or not it is after all your call.

o/

tl:dr stop being idiots and slow down a little on all the conspiracy theories please - even Sponge couldn't have done what you are alleging.

I agree with you in all aspects. People on my side have been acting like children, but well... the Supercomplaints side wasnt any better. Dont forget that we basically put everything out there for you. We thought you were fighting for a cause others (us included) were too cowardly to begin.

I hope you wont let us out to dry.

So Grub, why aren't your members accepting peace :P - they tell me it's a cease fire, instead of white peace.

My members have been order to not accept the peace offers until I say so. I will not have people attacking us after we agree to terms then offering peace with impunity. It is a pity that has actually occurred today.

Conversely I have no peace offers in my inbox? Considering I have been afk for 8 hours, I would have expected some by now considering the times my opponents attack every day.

All will be sorted just nicely tomorrow.

(If the truth be known I didnt have time to update things before I had to leave ;) )

I suppose the biggest question is what are your thoughts on TOP and IRON's entry into the war?

Also when you say you haven't left the war yet, what exactly do you mean? I presume you intend to secure peace for all your allies first, anything else?

I have my own thoughts many and several on the TOP and IRON matters.

Yes is the simple answer, I am not just dumping people by the kerbside collection.

tl:dr stop being idiots and slow down a little on all the conspiracy theories please - even Sponge couldn't have done what you are alleging.

Yes he could, and that is why I am now putting forward the theory that Sponge was behind this all along. He said he was doing it to "destroy \m/" but it was really to show the "useless stats collectors" a lesson for an equally-old slight against his handsome person.

Oh yes, it all makes sense now.

Anyone? Anyone?

Also, apologies for calling \m/ an 'abortion'. It was more offensive than I intended. My preferred euphemisms are obviously not everyone else's. I apologize for getting folks' panties in a bunch, although I would like to note that I got complaints from everyone except \m/. That's actually made them go up in my book.

Edited by Ashoka the Great

My members have been order to not accept the peace offers until I say so. I will not have people attacking us after we agree to terms then offering peace with impunity. It is a pity that has actually occurred today.

Conversely I have no peace offers in my inbox? Considering I have been afk for 8 hours, I would have expected some by now considering the times my opponents attack every day.

(If the truth be known I didnt have time to update things before I had to leave ;) )

Wait, so you are willing to punishing them for the actions of their allies? Guilty by association? Wow i haven't seen this before... /sarcasm

I have my own thoughts many and several on the TOP and IRON matters.

Yes is the simple answer, I am not just dumping people by the kerbside collection.

Consider this as my personal apology. I really thought you had no white peace in mind. I was wrong, and I now know that you didn't attacked \m/ over a grudge but more because there were some \m/ members (comeradeGoby) have no respect whatsoever, something I experienced myself.

Edited by Timmehhh

Well at least this mess is over.

To be honest i did not enjoy the thought of nuking this war out for 3 weeks for such a stupid disagreement...

So congratulations to \m/, NpO and the others to finally sitting down and working this out.

If you declare white peace you need to have your nations accept peace offers.

It seems to me you just want to keep your war slots filled up.

Edited by Ruiseart

Will IRON and Gramlins and etc... be standing down aswell then?

Really doubt it. Paradoxia stepped on a beehive last night, and the bees are't going going to give this rare opportunity up before their aggressor truly regrets what they did.

Really doubt it. Paradoxia stepped on a beehive last night, and the bees are't going going to give this rare opportunity up before their aggressor truly regrets what they did.

Their reason for war was pretty much we do not like you, and now we will beat you with a stick. No way in hell is CnG letting this go without some punishment.

Their reason for war was pretty much we do not like you, and now we will beat you with a stick. No way in hell is CnG letting this go without some punishment.

Funny given that we declared down on all of CnG. I don't see how CnG will be able to punish us at all? Unless serious reinforcements jump in in size of 30-40M NS (with lot of high end nations) you won't be able to defeat us. But it might be CnG style to get another bloc to save your $@!?

Thanks Grub for the update. I'm sitting tight. Thanks for not abandoning us.

Funny given that we declared down on all of CnG. I don't see how CnG will be able to punish us at all? Unless serious reinforcements jump in in size of 30-40M NS (with lot of high end nations) you won't be able to defeat us. But it might be CnG style to get another bloc to save your $@!?

Thanks Grub for the update. I'm sitting tight. Thanks for not abandoning us.

Give it a couple of days and you might learn bigger numbers arn't everything. If your numbers are still bigger by then.