Announcement from \m/, Poison Clan, FOK! and New Polar Order

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grub certainly knew and raised no objections at all. I am sure there is a log between both Chefjoe and I and between Crymson and I that states exactly that and the reasons therefor.

I would find it but I honestly don't care right now, it seems an irrelevant point when I am happy to concede it is true.

I am pleased that some people managed to read my post without gagging, but I see some of you struggle with simple facts laid out in a linear fashion. The preference to accept any nonsense that suits you better really discourages me.

Hopefully people can start telling us how stupid we are for not checking with NpO. Thanks. *bookmarks*

You seem pretty eager to convince us of your 'facts'. I can't imagine TOP would have any reason at all to lie about this.

Seriously though, if you're hoping for a mk declaration on polar you'll have to wait a long time. They're our allies and friends and we take their word over yours any day.

So I am guessing you're taking Grub's word that he knew of preemptive strike against MK and CnG and that he approved.

I never expected you nor do I expect you to declare on NpO now. In the future if you get an opportunity who can say.

SDIs block 60% of incoming nukes.

Just want to correct this. SDI's don't block nukes in this sense, they reduce the chances for a successful strike. If anything it's like flipping a coin, you have 50% chance to get heads or tails in a given flip, but that doesn't mean repeated flips will produce an even number of heads and tails.

Edited by Gerald Meane

Just want to correct this. SDI's don't block nukes in this sense, they reduce the chances for a successful strike. If anything it's like flipping a coin, you have 50% chance to get heads or tails in a given flip, but that doesn't mean repeated flips will produce an even number of heads and tails.

Actually, statistically speaking, that's exactly what that means. Granted, there is some fluctuations because a coin doesn't remember what it landed at last time... so you will have an uneven count at various times during the course of flipping a coin (heads can take the lead for a bit before tails catches up, etc), but on a long time line, half your tosses will land heads, the other half tails. Since "50%" only covers 2 significant digits and no decimals, it automatically provides leeway for any results that have slight variance (ie; if 1000 flips produce 523 heads and 477 tails).

With a large enough sample size it does. Say with... 10k+ "flips".

With a large enough sample size it does. Say with... 10k+ "flips".

You shouldn't try to explain statistics to average Planet Bob citizen. If their alliance said sky is yellow, and sun blue, they'd be convincing us of it here.

You shouldn't try to explain statistics to average Planet Bob citizen. If their alliance said sky is yellow, and sun blue, they'd be convincing us of it here.

This is a pretty obnoxious post. Gerald Meane is a CN veteran and was simply making a clarification on the mechanics of the SDI.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='29 January 2010 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1264805390' post='2142503']
Grub certainly knew and raised no objections at all. I am sure there is a log between both Chefjoe and I and between Crymson and I that states exactly that and the reasons therefor.

I would find it but I honestly don't care right now, it seems an irrelevant point when I am happy to concede it is true.
[/quote]
What the hell were you thinking, Grub?

I really miss Assington.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='29 January 2010 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1264805390' post='2142503']

I am pleased that some people managed to read my post without gagging, but I see some of you struggle with simple facts laid out in a linear fashion. The preference to accept any nonsense that suits you better really discourages me.
[/quote]
You thought this was worth screwing your allies and ruining NpO's credibility? I feel bad for NpO's general membership that as their leader you would have them do something so cowardly.

[quote name='Methrage' date='01 February 2010 - 01:53 AM' timestamp='1265000036' post='2149620']
You thought this was worth screwing your allies and ruining NpO's credibility? I feel bad for NpO's general membership that as their leader you would have them do something so cowardly.
[/quote]

I feel bad for you talking like a stupid without have a clue about what's happened, general membership of Polaris was informed about why/how/what happened and we respect and support Grub's decisions.

Edited by D34th

[quote name='D34th' date='01 February 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1265000940' post='2149659']
I feel bad for you talking like a stupid without have a clue about what's happened, general membership of Polaris was informed about why/how/what happened and we respect and support Grub's decisions.
[/quote]
Alright, I heard differently before. You being NpO probably have a better idea how the membership feels, so I'll take your word for it that the membership wanted this.

[quote name='Branimir' date='01 February 2010 - 02:14 AM' timestamp='1265001299' post='2149668']
There is this NAA,....Polaris ambassador to NPO that just posted that he/she cant answer what the $%&@ actually just happened, from your part.

Weird. He/She should check your boards then.
[/quote]

She can't tell =/= She don't know

What Grub told to us is just for us, when people outside of Polaris were allowed to know you will too.

[quote name='D34th' date='01 February 2010 - 06:18 AM' timestamp='1265001490' post='2149676']
She can't tell =/= She don't know

What Grub told to us is just for us, when people outside of Polaris were allowed to know you will too.
[/quote]
I misread her post, as it is late. It was saying that she cant speak for her alliance on the matter.

Again, apologies.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Methrage' date='01 February 2010 - 02:16 AM' timestamp='1265001390' post='2149672']
Alright, I heard differently before. You being NpO probably have a better idea how the membership feels, so I'll take your word for it that the membership wanted this.
[/quote]

This isn't about what we wanted, we went to war and posted the surrender terms in the Day 1 and we told \m/ that the peace was avaliable to them since the beggining, now if you want to think that we are coward for keeping our word do it if that pleases you. But I know that Grub and the Imperial Staff are working hard to fix things and help our allies.

[quote name='Branimir' date='01 February 2010 - 02:19 AM' timestamp='1265001578' post='2149683']
I misread her post, as it is late. It was saying that she cant speak for her alliance on the matter.

Again, apologies.
[/quote]

Ok no problem ;)

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Methrage' date='01 February 2010 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1265000036' post='2149620']
[/quote]

Honestly, people like you have never had any idea, so it should come as no shock that you have none now. I find the mindless subscription to the troll-fodder to be hysterical. Get a clue, or you know, ask me... seeing how we are allies and all?

Sooner or later the real situation will become crystal clear, until then swim in circles.

[quote name='Methrage' date='01 February 2010 - 04:53 AM' timestamp='1265000036' post='2149620']
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure this isn't a cowardly act by Grub in any aspect. Of course, I am not aware of the complete situation.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='01 February 2010 - 06:23 AM' timestamp='1265001837' post='2149711']... seeing how we are allies and all?[/quote]
Can you blame him for forgetting that there, for a second? Honestly speaking?
Seems as though some dissonant tones are coming from Ivan as well.

Make things right, Grub. If you can, now.
Good night, all.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='01 February 2010 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1265001569' post='2149681']
Thinking? lol, you people are sheep.
[/quote]
If you think I'm one of the sheep, I need to remind you that Legion paid for its betrayal in GW1.

What you did was worse.

You're all terrible people with the exception of Bob Janova. You should all strive to be more like him.

NpO obviously acted without consulting ANY of it's allies, and the timing was just to great to believe. Yes, you stated your terms at the beginning of the war. Yes, you didn't [i]ask[/i] for help. Yet, you did not deny it. You accepted that help and when a coalition of loyal allies formed around you, it became a little bigger than just NpO. You made a big mistake, you can say what you want but it's obvious there is PR damage done.

You got peace for you allies, afterwards.. you did nothing illegal. So, you could continue with some dignity intact, true. Personally, I feel the international community respects NpO less than it did yesterday. Don't be the next ODN. Redeem yourself. :P

EDIT: If Bob Janova's opinion differs with mine above, listen to what he says. If I'm not better than you, he is.

Edited by Canik

[quote name='Canik' date='01 February 2010 - 02:43 PM' timestamp='1265021013' post='2150230']Personally, I feel the international community respects NpO less than it did yesterday. Don't be the next ODN. Redeem yourself. :P
[/quote]

New Polar Optional? I like the sound of that, has a nice ring to it.