The Following Program has been rated G

Oh sweet babyjesus!

Good times to be had by all. Lets blow stuff up. Pretty funny war this, rooting for both sides is not exactly a KFC chikin bukkit.

Also, this has now expanded as far as it can go without turning global. :mellow:

Edit: What eternal tech farms?

edit2: Sneaky magic faculty member that.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

I wouldn't criticize the strategy as much as I would the system itself. Of course people are going to take advantage of the war operates on Bob in order to increase their probability of victory and use whatever strategy suits them best to that end. The best way to change the way people conduct war would be to change the way war works would it not?

OOC: Of course, I've criticized the system itself in the past, but as this is an IC forum I am instead expressing my distaste for the state of the world in an in character fashion. Mostly because I've given up on trying to get anything in this game changed short of me programming my own game, which would take a lot of effort I don't want to put in right now. People have made it immoral to tech raid, once upon a time it was immoral to nuke, what's wrong with trying to IC make it a bad thing to have more than half your nations in peace mode?

IC: The strategy in of itself relies on fighting with a fraction of your force. It prolongs the timetable during which you can cause damage, and can cause more long term damage to the warchests of the nations being fought if done right, but in truth you are affecting a smaller part of the alliance, and thus less likely to break their morale. You're also losing those potentially rebought nukes every day you're not launching them, so less infra destroyed. Your one advantage here is getting to pick your targets (speaking of: somehow Grub didn't get hit in this attack. Seriously? If you're going to focus fire on just a few nations at least hit the guy who is causing you the most grief), and cause more long term damage to those targets. If done well this can work in your favor, but I doubt both the ability to execute on behalf of PC, and also doubt the war will go on long enough for this to matter, and will ultimately end with a large subsection of nations being left untouched by the war.

I may go on to be proven wrong, and if this war lasts a month or two than having such a large reserve allows you to seriously mess with those handful of nations you choose to target. But last I checked Grub stated peace would be easily reached should you look for it, so any idea of preparing for the worst is hard to believe.

tl;dr: This 'strategy' gains little and sacrifices much, and depends on several assumptions that may not be true.

I would like to be the first to congratulate PC on their ability talk a big game here with a straight face, while all the nations they could muster for their update blitz was... 16.

Congratulations PC! In like a sparkler!

What is more exciting, that there are 19 wars declare on New Polar Order by Poison Clan, a 70 man alliance, or the 8 wars declared back on Poison Clan from the New Polar Order, a 435 man alliance? This, considering the NpO knew for as long as we did the date and time of our attacks, as stated by Grub in the declaration of war on \m/.

If I were you, I would be ashamed to be allied to such an inactive blob of nations.

NpO declared however many hours ago:

435 members = 1305 offensive war slots , 125 wars declared

125 / 1305 = 9.5%

PC:

67 members = 201 offensive war slots, 48 wars declared.

48/201= 24%

get over it

I thought you were smarter than that, let me explain to you how it works:

\m/ has 82 nations, 25 in peace mode and 58 in war mode, 14 of those nations in war mode with 5k NS or lower. So we have 174 possible wars for 125 wars declared, what give us a 79% of efficiency and if we don't count the 14 low NS nations, 132 possible wars for 125 wars declared, what give us 95% of efficiency.

Poison clan has 70 nations, 40 in peace mode(pfff :lol1:) and 30 in war mode, you could declare 90 wars and just declared 19, an efficiency of only 21%.

Shame on you.

I'm not sure his membership got *that* part of the memo. >_>

Or, perhaps even him on a subconscious level.

From Grub's post in this very thread both you and \m/ still have a standing offer of peace. From what I make of it I don't think it's something that you can claim will keep you in eternal war or any of the like. Granted you're fighting for your ideals just like him, but do try to respect him for knowing when to draw the line on how far a war should go and what the outcome should be.

Come on, that would be fun to have another global conflict the size of Karma.

SO when do you go after MHA and the number 1 spot?

I am more than happy to be #4 thanks, #3 is fine too, #2 not really important, #1 never will be important to us. We are big enough targets already without being #1 :P

From Grub's post in this very thread both you and \m/ still have a standing offer of peace. From what I make of it I don't think it's something that you can claim will keep you in eternal war or any of the like. Granted you're fighting for your ideals just like him, but do try to respect him for knowing when to draw the line on how far a war should go and what the outcome should be.

\m/ has a simple offer of peace on the table, they declined to accept today, the offer does not expire, so it truly does end when they want it to.

I thought you were smarter than that, let me explain to you how it works:

\m/ has 82 nations, 25 in peace mode and 58 in war mode, 14 of those nations in war mode with 5k NS or lower. So we have 174 possible wars for 125 wars declared, what give us a 79% of efficiency and if we don't count the 14 low NS nations, 132 possible wars for 125 wars declared, what give us 95% of efficiency.

Poison clan has 70 nations, 40 in peace mode(pfff :lol1:) and 30 in war mode, you could declare 90 wars and just declared 19, an efficiency of only 21%.

Shame on you.

D34th there's really no reason for the peace mode argument at all in this war. It's all war tactics and the one that they're doing is very valid and the smartest choice available to them. Granted you corrected his math so good on that.