Announcement from \m/

derp

Totally missed your post dude. My bad. Also my reply:

It is true that such colorful language has been consider a valid enough CB to justify war by certain parties. What is also true is that in this instance colorful language was never going to be used as a CB. \m/'s entire reason for bringing the incident to light is thus not, as they claim, some pretext for preventing a war over colorful language, but instead an attempt to politicize the IRC incident in an attempt to mobilize some sympathy from the mass of people tired of CB's based on colorful language.

[OOC]tl;dr \m/'s trying to use an OOC incident to mobilize support amongst people who are tired of OOC CB's.[/OOC]

i think we can all doubt \m/ to be intelligent or rather, that they care enough, to politicize OOC CB's in this manner. More likely, they are telling people not to come to their chan if they are sensitive to words (or are from polar).

I wasn't aware there was any international pressure on them to make an apology, and as your members have made clear there certainly wasn't any by polar. Was that a rhetorical question then?

Schattenman claimed that this issue has no affect on our 'Digiterran' experiences, and he's right, to a degree. He instead blamed the victims or in some cases bystanders of moral transgression because they made an issue of [OOC]OOC issues such as race, or in Bilrow's case, disease[/OOC].

However, this particular incident was brought to international attention by \m/, the offending party, rather than Polaris, the offended party, or a bystander. Schattenman claimed that \m/ was brought forward by the maniacs, but if they were brought forward by pressure, does that mean they would otherwise apologize for this? They are either making this apology because they think it is right, or they are making this apology because they think they are forced to. In the first case, Schattenman is wrong. In the second, he is not. I do not think anyone but \m/ can say.

derp

Totally missed your post dude. My bad. Also my reply:

It is true that such colorful language has been consider a valid enough CB to justify war by certain parties. What is also true is that in this instance colorful language was never going to be used as a CB. \m/'s entire reason for bringing the incident to light is thus not, as they claim, some pretext for preventing a war over colorful language, but instead an attempt to politicize the IRC incident in an attempt to mobilize some sympathy from the mass of people tired of CB's based on colorful language.

[OOC]tl;dr \m/'s trying to use an OOC incident to mobilize support amongst people who are tired of OOC CB's.[/OOC]

I really wouldn't make remarks like that without being able to back it up with evidence. Why can't they apologize to people whom might have told them they were offended while at the same time warning others what to expect if they join #\m/?

Could have been pressure from someone else... an ally, a friend of an ally, etc.

It could have been, but I highly doubt it as anyone that's signed with \m/ should know what it's getting into and this whole time I would expect have been in and seen their public channel.

Schattenman claimed that this issue has no affect on our 'Digiterran' experiences, and he's right, to a degree. He instead blamed the victims or in some cases bystanders of moral transgression because they made an issue of [OOC]OOC issues such as race, or in Bilrow's case, disease[/OOC].

However, this particular incident was brought to international attention by \m/, the offending party, rather than Polaris, the offended party, or a bystander. Schattenman claimed that \m/ was brought forward by the maniacs, but if they were brought forward by pressure, does that mean they would otherwise apologize for this? They are either making this apology because they think it is right, or they are making this apology because they think they are forced to. In the first case, Schattenman is wrong. In the second, he is not. I do not think anyone but \m/ can say.

Seeing some of your members responses I'd imagine that several people's experience were affected. Just because they're being pro-active in apologizing for what people may have seen and at the same time warning others about what to expect in that channel doesn't mean there was any international pressure.

It could have been, but I highly doubt it as anyone that's signed with \m/ should know what it's getting into and this whole time I would expect have been in and seen their public channel.

Ya, but even then, you'd think they would know better than to call polaris' government a bunch of ******s to Grub's face given the tension between the alliances.

I mean come on, that's not even a joke, it's just derogatory. I honestly can't see how anyone would think that was a good idea.

Ya, but even then, you'd think they would know better than to call polaris' government a bunch of ******s to Grub's face given the tension between the alliances.

I mean come on, that's not even a joke, it's just derogatory. I honestly can't see how anyone would think that was a good idea.

Yes that was terrible to say. It's why I'm glad this announcement was made.

I'll be damned if we get a war over such stupid stuff. Just let it go, disperse and I hope \m/ shapes up its members behavior in the future.

Oh hey, I'm agreeing with The AUT. Mark your calendar.

Seriously, classy announcement, \m/.

Joking or not..racism has no place.

I applaud your apology, i just hope it is sincere, I guess only time will tell.

It wasn't. Only reason they are apologizing is because someone called them out on it. And they said to expect more from the channel.

On the other hand, Censorship is wrong. everyone has the right to say what they want, even if it is wrong ignorant and hateful.

Somehow I'm not suprised. Seriously people don't be offended by \m/ comments.

"\m/ troll there own mothers"-Joe_Stupid

And that's why I !@#$@#$ love them. \m/ is a great alliance, and this announcement furthers my thoughts and feelings about it.

Recently in #\m/ on irc.synirc.net several \m/ members spewed extremely racist remarks against many people. The behavior of our members can be characterized as abhorrent and it is not the \m/ way. This outburst of remarks falls completely on the government of \m/ and is our mistake. \m/ likes to have fun but sometimes lines can be seen as crossed.
\m/ apologizes for the remarks said and the behavior of our members.
However, those who frequent #\m/ should know that these sort of comments are said all the time and always jokingly.

Pathetic attempt to apologise. The culture in \m/ of doing what you like will be your downfall.

Edited by Alterego

Of course you did, and of course I did. But hey, it gets in the way of their little PR ploy to acknowledge the truth.

I like this track of thought, in what world does the "Hey play up the fact that some dumbass members made some stupid racial remarks, because it will gain us support" actually work? Fallen_Fool I know you're better than that.

This apology was sincere, people who know me should know I am honest in these things.

Next issue, there is not now nor has there ever been a threat from Polar to roll us over this unfortunate incident, we didn't feel there ever was.

Next issue there is a very real threat of war over our tech raiding policy......NOTE these two issues are unrelated!

@ Polaris, Don't you guys have an incredible slow clock to stare down?

@ AlmightyGrub, I personally am sorry this happened, that said it doesnt change my stance of pushing that tech raiding bar higher :P

@@@The crowd thinking our heavy members went to peace mode over this incident or over cowardice.......LMAO, do you really think Polar is going to offer us peace after one round? \m/ not as big as they are, we need something to fight with in round two.

@@@@The haters, sorry to disappoint we will not be disbanding and we look forward to having a awesome fun filled causalty increasing war, and yes I expect a miracle David and Galith senario were we win and the world goes tech raid happy (One can wish, no?)

EDIT: I forgot to mention we created a coldfront channel for official alliance issues, one that is family friendly.....#blinging13 on Coldfront (just in case you did not know it was there all along)

Edited by Merrie Melodies

What disappoints me most, is that OOC matters are taken by some in an IC context and hence need to be discussed in an IC place. The two have no relation with each other.

This.

If you don't like what is going on in THEIR channel get the hell out of it.