Announcement from \m/

Simple solution, don't idle in #\m/ :)

"damn girl, if you didn't want to get jumped you shouldn't have been taking the shortcut through the alley".

On a more fitting level, if \m/ keeps requesting that issues be brought to their private channel and off this board, they should think ahead and kick out the idiots.

[OOC] As a minority I think many take the "race" issue too seriously. Honestly I'm not offended by comments made by others, though I'm thick skinned and think others would take more offense to it. People who usually find things "racist" are people who've never really been on the receiving end of it. Sometimes you say what you mean and mean what you say. I know when someone's kidding, or when they actually mean what they say to demean others. If that was the case, \m/ then seriously grow the $%&@ up. [/OOC]

I'll be damned if we get a war over such stupid stuff. Just let it go, disperse and I hope \m/ shapes up its members behavior in the future.

Edited by The AUT

How does one know the race of anyone in this venue?

And why would something need to be said about race in the first place?

What in the world could be considered 'funny' when race is used as the 'punch line'?

If those types of comments are said all the time in the channel I have to admit I don't understand the purpose.

People choose to throw gigantic fits over stuff that isn't that big of a deal. Those people use the "anti-racism" card for their own advantage, not because it's offensive.

This announcement sucks and probably should have never been made. But eh, what's done is done. Good luck to \m/ in the future.

And Polaris, quit it with your chest puffing. If you want to roll them, just go and do it. Comments like the one just before this are extremely lame and dry, and provide absolutely no entertainment. However, a war might actually provide some entertainment. Grow up and do something for once. Thanks.

Edited by Jason8

I'll be damned if we get a war over such stupid stuff. Just let it go, disperse and I hope \m/ shapes up its members behavior in the future.
No ones going to go to war over the colorful language members of \m/ choose to use in their public channel. The mere fact that \m/ feels the need to politicize the incident in order to garner positive PR for being a "classy" alliance is amusing as hell.

No ones going to go to war over the colorful language members of \m/ choose to use in their public channel. The mere fact that \m/ feels the need to politicize the incident in order to garner positive PR for being a "classy" alliance is amusing as hell.

My thoughts, exactly.

We'll keep you in mind next time. However I would like to request that if you can't say anything relevant to the OP that you don't open your mouth at all. You're always welcome in our channel if you wish to tell disbandment jokes.

If you want my full opinion of the contents of the OP, ask it in the OWF, not Alliance Politics.

Alliances have been destroyed for less. I wish it was the case here.

B-b-b-b-but it was a racist remark, not a rape joke!

But seriously nothing would please me more than to see some moralists go have some fun wiping \m/ away. However once again we will sit here have a discussion about how classy \m/ is for posting their apology, and how !@#$ty some of their members are for saying these terrible, awful, things and everyone will go home.

The behavior of our members can be characterized as abhorrent and it is not the \m/ way.

As I see nothing about members being kicked or punished in the OP, yes it's the \m/ way as long you keep them in your alliance. Forgive me if I'm wrong though.

As I see nothing about members being kicked or punished in the OP, yes it's the \m/ way as long you keep them in your alliance. Forgive me if I'm wrong though.

You are forgiven.

Normally I'd explain why you're wrong but I really don't see the need here.

How many chances do they get?

This is not the first time for this kind of apology either.

So, two nerds walk into a bar...ohwai..

Anyway, Do elaborate. ive been in SEVERAL channels where theres remarks spewed that would make truck drivers blush yet i can only assume because it was \m/ that people decided to get upset over it.

@Fallen_fool, please scroll back and read post #12 in this very thread Anyway, havent alliances been rolled in the past for such behavior..NoR i believe? (before my time..)

A "classy" alliance wouldn't have members making such comments to begin with anyway ^_^

So are you telling me that the offenders were kicked or punished?

Also thanks for your forgiveness :v:

Close but no cigar. At least you gave it your best shot.

Am I to take it that polar kick their members out without warning for using colorful language? Because that's sort of the loyalty towards the members I'd expect so I can see where you're comming from.

Your second paragraph seems to contradict the first. You find the comments made to be abhorent and not the \m/ way but then you say that comments like that are made jokingly all the time? Or is this this whole thread a joke?

This is just exactly what I was thinking.

This announcement speaks with a forked tongue.

Close but no cigar. At least you gave it your best shot.

Am I to take it that polar kick their members out without warning for using colorful language? Because that's sort of the loyalty towards the members I'd expect so I can see where you're comming from.

Yeah we kick/punish our members for bad behavior, see Baseballer and King Death 2 as examples. Although that happily we never hear members being racist, at least in my 517 days in Polaris.

Also, until proven otherwise I'll still think that nothing happened with the offenders ;)

Yeah we kick/punish our members for bad behavior, see Baseballer and King Death 2 as examples. Although that happily we never hear members being racist, at least in my 517 days in Polaris.

Also, until proven otherwise I'll still think that nothing happened with the offenders ;)

I'm not sure if you're serious or not but judging from your first post I guess you are. I'm not claiming they're being punished, reread my first post carefully.

Thanks for the insgihtful info on censorship and punishment in polar. I'll just add to the list of reasons to avoid that place.