Announcement from \m/

Ok, I get where you're coming from, and I don't think we'll agree on this point; if you think it's bad due to history, that's fine. I believe it's bad because the word exists solely as a derogatory term in the first place. Now if you wanted to make that argument with the swastika (it was used as a peaceful symbol looooong before anyone cared about it), then I'd agree with you.

That's true too. I was just saying it's not entirely IC. Though it is an insult, and we could always use the Epik High method of treating it as a severe insult to that nation ruler.

Yes, Grub was shunned by your government. He was also verbally attacked (and/or shunned) by a member. Separate times. As far as I know, (and I am fairly confident I know enough), this unofficial remark had very little to do with the declaration of war. Now, that's not to say there were other things going on which led to this state of affairs; but this incident that \m/ decided to bring into public light could have just as easily stayed in the dark.

I suppose I didn't think entirely of that (The situations being separate). Yes, it could, and probably should, have remained in private channels.

EDIT: I meant IC :v:

Edited by Earogema

Ok, I get where you're coming from, and I don't think we'll agree on this point; if you think it's bad due to history, that's fine. I believe it's bad because the word exists solely as a derogatory term in the first place. Now if you wanted to make that argument with the swastika (it was used as a peaceful symbol looooong before anyone cared about it), then I'd agree with you.

Yes, Grub was shunned by your government. He was also verbally attacked (and/or shunned) by a member. Separate times. As far as I know, (and I am fairly confident I know enough), this unofficial remark had very little to do with the declaration of war. Now, that's not to say there were other things going on which led to this state of affairs; but this incident that \m/ decided to bring into public light could have just as easily stayed in the dark.

VERBALLY ATTACKED. (and/or shunned)!

Edited by Penkala

As regards the use of racial slurs:

Primary Ethnic Group: Mexican

That's the entry for my nation. We are proud descendants of the Aztecs, Mayas, Huastecs, Zapotecs, Yaqui, and many other tribes. We are the Mexica and we would be deeply and profoundly offended were we to be called derogatory terms based upon our heritage. There is no call for that in polite and educated discourse. To excuse it as a matter of course is intellectual laziness in an attempt to further justify a distasteful and reprehensible practice.

Speaking of distasteful and reprehensible practices, \m/'s current conflict is a result of its wanton aggression - outright piracy - on a target that it assumed was bereft of protectors. Polaris is here to remind one and all that such assumptions can be dead wrong.

People should not forget that Grub has long ago shown the patience of a saint. There was an incident when he went on IRC, and immediately, someone PMed him with, "Heil, Hitler!" It was brushed off then. After this knucklehead showed a couple of times that he had truly had white supremacist views, which was about ten days, Grub outright banned him with Assington's blessing. So, \m/ should consider themselves fortunate thay theyare not under siege right now.

They should also be thankful that Grub has such patience. Stand or Die, Nordreich, and Norden Verein were rolled and destroyed for less.

Check your history, Nordreich was never rolled and destroyed by NpO, that was Stand or Die

Check your history, Nordreich was never rolled and destroyed by NpO, that was Stand or Die

I think he meant that the others fell due to the impatience of other alliance leaders, to highlight Grub's own patience.

I say, let them fight it out. If such little and petty things start a war, then obviously there is tension to start with. just let it all out and let your alliances crumble, it will all happen eventually anyways. Those smart enough to avoid war will be those who succeed in the end.

pardon my french, but in regards to racial issues, who gives a @#$%? this is the internet. i can say anything racist i want behind a computer but not necessarily in person, since getting punched in the face in not on my list of things to do. Yet, if i were to make a threat to your alliance by making racial slurs, i.e. the alliance a few posts above who is made of latin americans, then by all means go to war. just stop @#$%&!% ruining my environment score

Edited by Lyra
Mod edit: filter evasion removed.