\m/, I just want to help

Alterego

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend

Things may well be resolved to your satisfaction, but you have apparently extremely narrow views on what constitutes resolution if your post is correct.

As for me and my house, let me get this straight. The whole world wants to go to war, I actually promise I will and you all whine? I don't follow the logic.

Grub, as I have said, FoA's protector considers this matter resolved. Why not contact us if you have further issues?

Edit: Typo

Edited by Kevin McDonald

Grub, as I have said, FoA's protector considers this matter resolved. Why not contact us if you have further issues?

Edit: Typo

Whilst that sounds all groovy and such, I simply don't have any interest in you or your alliance. My beef is with my ally and those they appeared to choose to consort with. I am perfectly capable of dealing with the matter directly thanks, I don't need you or anyone else I haven't spoken to directly ''assisting me''. But thanks for the offer, I am sure it makes sense to you.

This is the second time, recently, that a cohort has been formed to tech-raid an alliance. My stance is well established and I will remain consistent in my views and actions relating to. You will note how the last matter was settled, the options are endless.

Putting your ally and their friends' infra on the line for an easy tech raid is real mature, \m/. The sad thing is I don't think you'd care if something happened where your allies got rolled for this. You just wouldn't even recognize that everything that happened would be 100% your fault.

If you guys read in the beginning of this thread you see people stating that instead of talking about it something should be done. And now when someone(Us Polars) is doing something people say that it should just be let go.

Very confusing to me. Grub made his stance on the KoN incident. That should have been warning enough. Especially for our allies.

So you're crusading to settle a matter that directly affects my protectorate, FoA, but don't "have an interest" in FoA's thoughts on the matter?

Good to know.

Your ''protectorate'' has done its deal. It plays no further part, you saw to that when you brokered the deal of the century.

I dont care who tech raids who, hell i personally support tech raiding but then again i dont get to set the rules in CSN. by the way..hows that world tour coming? You been running on and on about it for months and last i saw you were in peace mode

BTW, you amuse me considering you were in PC

You mean considering I started PC, and I'm the guy who said that membership size doesn't matter on raids, so long as there's no treaty. I'm also the guy who realized he was wrong, and has said as much about that since astronaut jones has been on planet bob.

World peace tour is coming in summer '10. If you want, I'll pay CSN a visit after I take my tour to resistance

Your ''protectorate'' has done its deal. It plays no further part, you saw to that when you brokered the deal of the century.

I'd have let someone else do it, but it seems no one was willing to. Had it not been a yellow alliance being raided, I assure someone else would have had the opportunity to play saviour.

I know I won't get an straight answer, but what are you trying to resolve then if it's not FoA, and what does it have to do with this \m/, PC and GOONS raided FoA thread? If I may. Just trying to help get myself informed.

I know I won't get an straight answer, but what are you trying to resolve then if it's not FoA, and what does it have to do with this \m/, PC and GOONS raided FoA thread? If I may. Just trying to help get myself informed.

Recognising the diplomatic value of the common OWF discussion, perhaps this is a good place for "private channels ftw"?

Recognising the diplomatic value of the common OWF discussion, perhaps this is a good place for "private channels ftw"?

I think this is playing out is better than private channels.

Are you kidding? Just sit back and watch the show, the fact that everyone gets all :unsure: whenever someone does something interesting is getting old.

Private channels are melting right now.

Via private channels, someone is now doing something and so forth and resolving at least one alliances concerns for another alliances actions... as for the other two, clock is still ticking on making things right, right?

From where I stand, and I cannot say that I speak for Polar, the story is this.

GOONS has abused the New Polar Order by hiding behind their treaty as a means to become a bully in CN. As momma says, "We brought you into this world, and we can sure take you back out of it"

Putting your ally and their friends' infra on the line for an easy tech raid is real mature, \m/. The sad thing is I don't think you'd care if something happened where your allies got rolled for this. You just wouldn't even recognize that everything that happened would be 100% your fault.

From the guy who did one of these threads for Athens...thats pretty rich

Private channels are melting right now.

Via private channels, someone is now doing something and so forth and resolving at least one alliances concerns for another alliances actions... as for the other two, clock is still ticking on making things right, right?

tl;dr version would be GOONS saving their own hides and treaty

GOONS has abused the New Polar Order by hiding behind their treaty as a means to become a bully in CN. As momma says, "We brought you into this world, and we can sure take you back out of it"

Now see usually at a Ric Romero moment like this i would say "You're new here, arent you" but it would apply to myself as well. i was never here to see the GOONS at their peak.All i know is a tiny alliance hiding in peace mode in fear of whatever they were under(EZI, permawar...) but i have heard many a stories about the shens they pulled and it sounds like they deserved the beating they got.

Fast forward to today and you're, with a straight face, saying all of the stuff these GOONS are doing is some sort of shock and awe? In my short two years i cant say ive seen many alliances change from terrible to good.

@AJ, If you're ever in my range please dont hesitate. Be a long list of old Farkers who would envy my nukes

Edited by wickedj

We recently had a GRL over 30 because the world was tired of feeling like the big guys could push us all around whenever they wanted.

It would be wonderful to see that collective spine reappear.

No one should live in fear of others penchant for frivolous bullying, everyone should live in fear of their own.

I'd have let someone else do it, but it seems no one was willing to. Had it not been a yellow alliance being raided, I assure someone else would have had the opportunity to play saviour.

It's just a shallow rhetorical dodge, nothing more.

I dont think anyone is particularly concerned about FoA, particularly given their choice to lay down and take it without a fight.

What people are concerned about is the precedent. Long standing custom on Planet Bob allows war for no cause against the unaligned, like it or not. But that same long standing custom prohibits this in all other cases. If this act stands without visible rebuke, it will set a new precedent, eliminating that long standing custom and replacing it with a new one, the one that the aggressors have so vehemently argued through this thread - that no one is safe, that war for no reason is now acceptable against everyone, not just the unaligned.

Raiding the unaligned may always be acceptable, simply because the aligned have no self-interest in stopping it and the unaligned have no power to stop it. But "raiding" the aligned is a different matter entirely. If accepted as precedent that could come back in 6 months to bite anyone here, every alliance is similarly threatened so a great many people have a self-interest in rejecting it. And those who do engage in tech-raiding have a double interest in rebuking this as well, to emphasise that *they* at least do honour the age-old customs that \m/ is so loudly rejecting, that *they* at least do aim to act with honour which \m/embers in previous pages have disclaimed outright.

I can't answer for Grub but may be this guy can have already answered, that isn't just about FoA, I'm really glad that Corp helped them and if they are happy with the resolution of this matter, good for them. But this do not imply that we have to be happy too.

That sound you just heard was 1,000 palms hitting faces in Complaints & Grievances.

I see, I'm supposed to love and revere an alliance that has twice threatened us and our allies.

Nothing will make me happier then watching Polaris burn.

Edited by Smacky

I see, I'm supposed to love and revere an alliance that has twice threatened us and our allies.

Nothing will make me happier then watching Polaris burn.

Good luck with that.

Edited by janax