An Official Nordreich Announcement

Nemhauser

deskl.png

deskec.png

58444196.png

Elections for Nordreich's legislative body were never as exciting as this round. We saw another decisive victory for Alvis, with the other candidates very close on each other's heels. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Althing for the first quarter of 2010.

althing.jpg

mofa.png

296s.gif

There are times when greater powers (called by many by just the acronym 'RL') prohibit someone to function at a level of activity which their position requires. It could happen to all of us. The tricky part is to foresee this and take action. Isolde did just that. She has served the Reich as Minister of Foreign Affairs after Sam Houston left and she did an excellent job. New FA projects are rolling as we speak and incidents were handled swiftly and gracefully. Isolde will not be leaving Nordreich and will continue to stay on as a special advisor to the monarchy. I want to thank her for her hard work and wish her all the best in dealing with the greater powers at hand.

131e.png

Sigrun Vapneir is hereby appointed as Minister of Foreign Affairs. She has worked with Isolde on foreign affairs before and has proven to handle issues and incidents with care, wit and responsibility. My congratulations to Sigrun.

2009x.png

28738159.gif

For the first time in the history of Nordland, we held a Nordlander of the Year contest. Someone who has contributed and supported the alliance and Nordland as a whole during the last year. My congratulations go out to PuliSher for being voted as Nordlander of the Year 2009. His economic skills have thrusted Nordreich ever forward and I am sure Puli will continue to do so in the new year.

nopro.png

For the first time with the announcement of every new Althing, nobility promotions are awarded to those that have contributed to the Reich in the past months (be aware that a Reichsburger can only go up one rank each time and the higher one gets, the harder it gets to earn promotion). I congratulate the follwoing people below on their well deserved promotion.

nobpro.png

govover.png

gov.jpg

Edited by Nemhauser

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Althing election this time around, all the votes were close and congrats to all the winners, I know you will serve the Reich well. I would also like to wish Isolde the very best as she slips into her retirement from foreign affairs, you did a outstanding job. Sigrun I know you will step right in and not miss a single beat.

Also congrats to all of those who received a nobility promotion, it was well deserved o/

And last but not least, congrats to Puli for making Nordlander of the year, your hard work shows every day and we all appreciate it

o/ Nor

congrats guys. also gratz to Sigrun. that is a good member there. though when did pd73bassman move to NoR? dangit guys, i thought i told all Polars and former Polars they need to file a forwarding address with me.....

good to see KM back in action as well.

It is truly an honour to be included in this group, and thanks to all who wish us well.

Enough talking though, let's hit the smörgåsbord! The herring is particularly good this year, and of course there is plenty of snaps.

Skål!

Edit: Apparently I must post a translation to use this word here. It appears in English dictionaries, and is the rough equivelant of "cheers." It is sometimes spelled skoal on a keyboard which lacks the long a character. The English wiktionary etymology is not, however, considered accurate by actual nordic-speaking germanicists in my experience.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir