Epicurean Announcement

TailsK

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile, your first and second in command will be joining TOP, an alliance completely unrelated to VE and Tetris on the opposite side of the treaty web.

Seriously, I'll never understand this. "We encourage you to join this alliance, but we're sure not going to. Oh, no, we'll be going to the exact opposite of that alliance." It's happened more than once, but seriously. What?

That's absolutely ridiculous. TailsK has the sovereign right and free will to go wherever he wants to. He probably suggested VE and Tetris due to his loyalties elsewhere and perhaps agreements that if Epicurean did disband, where they'd fold into. He's a sovereign nation with free will to make his own decisions. So where did you want him to do? What did you want him to do? To be happy to conform to your ideas of proper disbandment? To suggest folding into an alliance so long as it was on your side of the treaty web although he as a nation wouldn't enjoy it there? Give me a break.

Good luck to Tails and the rest of the Epicurean AA. Sorry it didn't work out Tails, much respect.

Edited by The AUT

That's absolutely ridiculous. TailsK has the sovereign right and free will to go wherever he wants to. He probably suggested VE and Tetris due to his loyalties elsewhere and perhaps agreements that if Epicurean did disband, where they'd fold into. He's a sovereign nation with free will to make his own decisions. So where did you want him to do? What did you want him to do? To be happy to conform to your ideas of proper disbandment? To suggest folding into an alliance so long as it was on your side of the treaty web although he as a nation wouldn't enjoy it there? Give me a break.

It doesn't make much sense to invite members to join a certain alliance when oneself is headed in a completely opposite direction. I'm all for sovereign rights and free will, but for a leader to encourage members to join a certain alliance (or in this case alliances) while he or she is headed to a completely different alliance on the opposite end of the treaty web just looks bad.

It doesn't make much sense to invite members to join a certain alliance when oneself is headed in a completely opposite direction. I'm all for sovereign rights and free will, but for a leader to encourage members to join a certain alliance (or in this case alliances) while he or she is headed to a completely different alliance on the opposite end of the treaty web just looks bad.

Yeah well note that down on the list of things you hate about Epicurean and build up your case against us, so in the future .... Oh wait, we're disbanded, your opinion is moot.

Good luck to Tails and the rest of the Epicurean AA. Sorry it didn't work out Tails, much respect.

Unsure did not say TailsK couldn't go wherever he wanted. What he said was that if TailsK truly felt that those alliances would be the best ones for his members to join upon his alliance's disbandment, it'd make sense for him to join them himself. Even though he's disbanding his alliance, by suggesting his members join whatever alliance upon disbandment, he's exercising what leadership he has left. The best leaders lead by example. QED.

Yeah well note that down on the list of things you hate about Epicurean and build up your case against us, so in the future .... Oh wait, we're disbanded, your opinion is moot.

Mongrel you should know full well that I don't hate Epicurean nor the people who were in it.

Edited by Ying Yang Mafia

I can see you are taking to your new AA well.

It also doesn't make sense for every member of a disbanded alliance to go to the same place. I am merely giving people a suggestion. I want people to go to where they feel they will be comfortable.

Unsure did not say TailsK couldn't go wherever he wanted. What he said was that if TailsK truly felt that those alliances would be the best ones for his members to join upon his alliance's disbandment, it'd make sense for him to join them himself. Even though he's disbanding his alliance, by suggesting his members join whatever alliance upon disbandment, he's exercising what leadership he has left. The best leaders lead by example. QED.

Not necessarily true. For example, when EPIC folded due to internal matters, I knew some of the members would probably get along well in MK, but as for myself, not so much. It would have been folly for me to 'lead by example' and join an alliance that I would have been less than happy in. I don't know what Tails' reasoning for his decision is, but I'm sure he has his reasons and they are probably quite legitimate.

Mongrel you should know full well that I don't hate Epicurean nor the people who were in it.

It's something I call sarcasm, you should give it a try someday. My point was you're complaining about something that's totally irrelevant. I think Lord Boris just voiced it pretty well. The alliance has disbanded, we're all on our own so I don't see why anyone needs an explanation of why I chose where I'm going.

It's something I call sarcasm, you should give it a try someday. My point was you're complaining about something that's totally irrelevant. I think Lord Boris just voiced it pretty well. The alliance has disbanded, we're all on our own so I don't see why anyone needs an explanation of why I chose where I'm going.

I'm clearly not complaining, I could care less where you, Tails, or any other member of Epicurean ends up. But, as stated before, this is another example of an instance where leaders encourage their members to do one thing and then proceed to do another (sometimes bordering on a complete opposite). Actions speak louder than words, especially when the words and actions are inconsistent with each other.

As for an explanation of why you chose TOP...I never asked for one.

This type of thinking is too linear to allow for any variables at all.

The alliance is disbanding not merging. If it was a complete merge then it would make sense for Tailsk to join. Otherwise this is a complete recommendation in the disbandment topic. I did the exact thing when I disbanded Planet Express. I gave them a few options among the NOIR sphere of influence and you know what? It worked.

On the other hand when I led a merger of an alliance into TOOL I joined with it as well as the rest of the leadership...and it also worked!

Both are viable options for a disbandment and merger.

Best of luck former members of Epicurean.

Look guys, everyone who is trolling Tails and Mongrel for joining TOP should stop. I'll be the first to admit I do not like where they went, being on the opposite side of the treaty web and all, plus I was kinda sorta hoping they'd come to Tetris.

That being said, I fully respect their choice and will remain good friends IC and OOC. Good luck guys.

The alliance is disbanding not merging. If it was a complete merge then it would make sense for Tailsk to join. Otherwise this is a complete recommendation in the disbandment topic. I did the exact thing when I disbanded Planet Express. I gave them a few options among the NOIR sphere of influence and you know what? It worked.

Wouldn't you say the recommendation would be more credible if he was following it himself?