Epicurean Announcement

TailsK

Wouldn't you say the recommendation would be more credible if he was following it himself?

My foremost point should be, "why the $%&@ does it matter where anyone in a disbanded alliance goes?" Great! You're telling a former leader of a defunct alliance that actions speak louder than words. So sue him.

however, since you're obviously such a great judge of character, i'll let you lambaste Tailsk with comments about how he gave advice that may not necessarily be good for him, but for others

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My foremost point should be, "why the $%&@ does it matter where anyone in a disbanded alliance goes?" Great! You're telling a former leader of a defunct alliance that actions speak louder than words. So sue him.

however, since you're obviously such a great judge of character, i'll let you lambaste Tailsk with comments about how he gave advice that may not necessarily be good for him, but for others

As I stated before, I could care less about where the members of Epicurean go. My foremost point is to highlight the irony in encouraging members to join one alliance when oneself goes elsewhere. This isn't something unique to Epicurean, it has happened in other cases of alliance disbandment.

People need to chill out. Yeah TailsK and Mongrel are going to TOP. I understand people being upset about that, I am too, but let's think about it, complaining about it is:

1) Not going to do anything about it.

2) If anything, will make them less likely to come back to an alliance favorable to those of us who are closely connected on the treaty web.

Everyone needs to move on.

As I stated before, I could care less about where the members of Epicurean go. My foremost point is to highlight the irony in encouraging members to join one alliance when oneself goes elsewhere. This isn't something unique to Epicurean, it has happened in other cases of alliance disbandment.

ok, irony highlighted. But i'll let you in on something: it's not going to stop or change

Well after seeing that you fail to grasp that your statements are irrelevent and short-sighted, I'll just have to kindly tell you to get over it. You know where to find me if you'd like to speak to me about this privately. Otherwise it's really just a whole lot of hot air over nothing on your part.

Wouldn't you say the recommendation would be more credible if he was following it himself?

I wouldn't. Instead, I'd expect a leader to know his people well enough to recommend the places they would fit in best, whether those choices benefit him or not. That still amounts to leading by setting a good example - looking out for one's people even when it's not required. Of course, it is also possible that he has issues with VE, Tetris, or even the Green Sphere in general, that his people do not share - in which case it would be appropriate that he part company at this point.

In any case, it is rarely enjoyable to be in the midst of a disbandment, so I'll take the opportunity to wish all the members of Epicurean well in their search for a new alliance to call home.

Tails used us imho, as evidenced by his current aa. Then again tails likes winning cn, top is pretty win, this isn't surprising. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the same side of the web sometime soon. Mongrel... come to VE man, you'd love it. Epic was cool, sad to see it go.