CN Awards 2009 - Presentation

Jyrinx

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, why is "Best Alliance Growth" only measured, in the minds of MK members, by numbers? You know, an alliance is more than its pretty pixels.

Because it wouldn't be anywhere near fair to measure by :smug: levels

Wow, and the prize for the alliance with the most people voting in the CN awards goes to.... OMG the Mushroom Kingdom!!!

No, on a serious note, congratulations MK. This truly was your year. Well done you fine gentlemen.

According to Seerow, not really:

Looking at NSO's nations, I'd say my point is pretty accurate. They join up and stay where they are more or less. NSO's strength gains tend to come from recruiting new nations rather than growing existing nations, which is why I argued they could have made a play for best recruitment (something MK admittedly is abhorrent at, we tend to hover around the same number of nations at all times, gaining a few here, losing a few there, generally staying the same), but best growth is beyond their claims.

Looking at NSO's nations, I'd say my point is pretty accurate. They join up and stay where they are more or less. NSO's strength gains tend to come from recruiting new nations rather than growing existing nations, which is why I argued they could have made a play for best recruitment (something MK admittedly is abhorrent at, we tend to hover around the same number of nations at all times, gaining a few here, losing a few there, generally staying the same), but best growth is beyond their claims.

What lead you to attack NSO's economic system, anyway? In our defense, we haven't had much time to oil the machine. I contended we should've had "Best Alliance Growth" because any alliance that went from nonexistence to a heavily popular player on the world stage is, quite frankly, better than you.

What lead you to attack NSO's economic system, anyway? In our defense, we haven't had much time to oil the machine. I contended we should've had "Best Alliance Growth" because any alliance that went from nonexistence to a heavily popular player on the world stage is, quite frankly, better than you.

I didn't attack it until you asserted it was better than MK's. Just sayin'.

I'm frankly not impressed with NSO's growth. If you start tracking from about 2 weeks after it was founded you'll find the growth was much less explosive than you claim. Getting a personality cult flocking to Ivan starting a new alliance (no insults intended here, I joined you guys for a time at the beginning, even if I was forced to go innactive for a large portion of my stay) I don't count as growth. And following that point NSO has had a relatively steady climb, but not anywhere near as drastic of one as you would lead others to believe.

This.

And more importantly to the people bawwwing: Many of the votes were close enough had your alliance been active enough to vote even half as much as MK did, you could have turned things to your favor. The point of a poll is for everyone to vote, that MK made up 50% of the people voting isn't our fault. It's yours for not voting yourselves.

Maybe people just didnt care...

I'd blame the fact that MK isn't a democratic alliance - we have so much pent up voting-potential in us that we just had to let it out somehow :P

Well that can be easily rectified Archon, the ODN would be happy to send over some advisors to dismantle your monarchy and institute a democractic constitution (Mushroom Republic) thereby unlocking that voting potential :P

Now all you need is someone in MK to re-roll with nation and ruler names of "Mushroom Kingdom" so you guys could have MK win every category, even the individual ones.

I love you.

Also http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=368432

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=341126

Edited by MagicalTrevor