CN Awards 2009 - Presentation

Jyrinx

Semi sarcastic yes, I never intended on demanding a recount with the throngs of others who I knew would be in an uproar (thats semi sarcastic too btw) I assumed you were being sarcastic as well, I mean if it was rigged and pointless (as you proclaimed) then i thought your congrats was meant in sarcasm. Thought I would play along with it, looked like it could be entertaining.

Nah my congrats was sincere, they do deserve some of them. Not all though.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah my congrats was sincere, they do deserve some of them. Not all though.

Good deal, yes your correct they dont deserve them all, lol we dont want them to get to big of a head (slight sarcasm, a notch down from semi) B-)

Well expected results, I think we should change how votes happening this year, nothing against MK of course, but I would like to see real awards if you understand me.

One resolution could be open voting. It might lower the occasions where people shamelessly spamvote for their own alliance. smug.gif

I'm just glad MK wasn't nominated in the Best Rookie Alliance category...

Actually one of our protectorates was. Alchemy. Notice how they didn't make it to the finals?

I don't think the votes can be completely attributed to MK voters.

TPF is honored by the award. Thank you :)

A big thank you to Jyrinx for putting in all the effort he did here (my apologies I wasn't able to help with the medals bud), and a big thank you and props to SeipherCaim for a job well done with the medals.

I'd blame the fact that MK isn't a democratic alliance - we have so much pent up voting-potential in us that we just had to let it out somehow :P

Anyway, I imagine this really must either suck for or grate on pretty much anyone who isn't in MK, but I'll confess that as i read through the OP (and imagined Jyrinx typing it) I was cracking up. Mostly at the absurdity of it all.

I'll end with one important point, though - most of you folks would probably disagree with the results of these awards, but the thing is MK doesn't. We honestly believe that we are the tops in these categories, and this is just one way to show it (specifically, the activity one :P). We've demonstrated, over the past year, our prowess in the others. It's not so much mindless voting as it is a strong supporting of these beliefs.

Edit: Honestly, I just wanted a hat trick :P. I'll let you figure out what I'm talking about.

Edited by TheNeverender

I'd blame the fact that MK isn't a democratic alliance - we have so much pent up voting-potential in us that we just had to let it out somehow :P

Anyway, I imagine this really must either suck for or grate on pretty much anyone who isn't in MK, but I'll confess that as i read through the OP (and imagined Jyrinx typing it) I was cracking up. Mostly at the absurdity of it all.

I'll end with one important point, though - most of you folks would probably disagree with the results of these awards, but the thing is MK doesn't. We honestly believe that we are the tops in these categories, and this is just one way to show it (specifically, the activity one :P). We've demonstrated, over the past year, our prowess in the others. It's not so much mindless voting as it is a strong supporting of these beliefs.

Edit: Honestly, I just wanted a hat trick :P. I'll let you figure out what I'm talking about.

This.

And more importantly to the people bawwwing: Many of the votes were close enough had your alliance been active enough to vote even half as much as MK did, you could have turned things to your favor. The point of a poll is for everyone to vote, that MK made up 50% of the people voting isn't our fault. It's yours for not voting yourselves.

Since when are OBR a brilliant economic alliance? Not say they are bad, but they have 22 members and their limited aid slot usage comprises of tech/donation deals. Whereas at MK we have organised large scale programmes in an efficient manner.

Didn't they invent the whole "trade swapping" technique this year? Plus, if you're going to base "best economic" by the arrangement of aid programs, I can think of at least one alliance that pushed out more wide-scale aid than MK hands down.

FAN today =/= FAN in it's heyday. Nobody really knows how good FAN are militarily right now, I'm sure they are pretty good but we've shown ourselves to be very effective recently and also extremely active.

Would you care to remind me what MK has done that's so impressive?

Yes we grew better than NSO, they grew by recruiting ton of tiny nations which is why they now have an average NS of just 18k, while we have grown and now have an average NS of 50k. The quality of our growth is far superior to the quantity of theirs.

MK has been building their pretty pixels for a while; NSO didn't exist until this year

Yes Archon tops every leader in CN. Out of all the catergories that is the least questionable.

Of course, how could I forget, Mr. "Don't. $%&@. with. us." :rolleyes:

Would you care to remind me what MK has done that's so impressive?

In what timeframe? We have several wars under our belts and I really thought that best military would be the least disputed category there. We have good nations and activity and coordination to back it up.

Didn't they invent the whole "trade swapping" technique this year? Plus, if you're going to base "best economic" by the arrangement of aid programs, I can think of at least one alliance that pushed out more wide-scale aid than MK hands down.

Trade swapping has been around since sledding was invented, the problem is that it's too much of a PITA to get people with the right trades to swap regularly. But there's always been some people that have done it. OBR may have popularized the practice however, and if so I give them credit, it's more effort than Id want to go through for a few mil extra every 20 days.

MK has been building their pretty pixels for a while; NSO didn't exist until this year

Are you ignoring the point of relative growth? Coming into this year MK was still pretty low after noCB, we've gained a -lot- in the last year. Our growth efficiency per member is top class, compared to NSO who recruits a hundred 0 NS nations who do nothing and grow about as fast as molasses in winter time.

Of course, how could I forget, Mr. "Don't. $%&@. with. us."

It worked, didn't it?

Trade swapping has been around since sledding was invented, the problem is that it's too much of a PITA to get people with the right trades to swap regularly. But there's always been some people that have done it. OBR may have popularized the practice however, and if so I give them credit, it's more effort than Id want to go through for a few mil extra every 20 days.

It is true that trade swapping has been done for quite some time, I know I've been doing it for as long as I can remember. Granted it nets me around 75 mil extra per cycle so I look at it as worthwhile.

In what timeframe? We have several wars under our belts and I really thought that best military would be the least disputed category there. We have good nations and activity and coordination to back it up.

Obviously the past year. If we were awarding this based on the existence of CN, MK shouldn't have been nominated.

Still, you believe MK excelled all of its peers in aid distribution?

Are you ignoring the point of relative growth? Coming into this year MK was still pretty low after noCB, we've gained a -lot- in the last year. Our growth efficiency per member is top class, compared to NSO who recruits a hundred 0 NS nations who do nothing and grow about as fast as molasses in winter time.

I've only been around a short time, but didn't NSO reach 4 million ns faster than any alliance prior to our existence? Also, if you're shooting for "best growth after noCB," I kindly direct you to the alliance with the 3rd largest score.

It worked, didn't it?

If that scared any alliance out there, they don't deserve to be an alliance.

Obviously the past year. If we were awarding this based on the existence of CN, MK shouldn't have been nominated.

Point me to any military operation in the last year that has been anything close to impressive and I'll give you this.

Still, you believe MK excelled all of its peers in aid distribution?

If anyone beat us, it was damn close. We have people watching aid slot efficiency across alliances closely, and we average higher than just about everyone there. And if you want to argue the effectiveness, look at the strength of our mid ranks.

I've only been around a short time, but didn't NSO reach 4 million ns faster than any alliance prior to our existence? Also, if you're shooting for "best growth after noCB," I kindly direct you to the alliance with the 3rd largest score.

If you want to argue that you deserved best recruitment above UPN, that would be your argument for it. Your growth had nothing to do with efficiency and everything to do with recruitment.

I'll give you NpO has a good argument to claim the same title, but on a per member basis I believe MK did better. That said I'm not sure NpO was even on the ballots to be voted for. You can't blame MK for beating out an option that wasn't there.

If that scared any alliance out there, they don't deserve to be an alliance.

I didn't see anyone attacking Athens afterwards, did you?