CN Awards 2009 - Presentation

Jyrinx

Obviously the past year. If we were awarding this based on the existence of CN, MK shouldn't have been nominated.

So why the hell did you suggest FAN as a better option?

Still, you believe MK excelled all of its peers in aid distribution?

Believe it or not we don't pay attention to everything other alliances have done this year. Based on what I have seen we are excellent ecomomically, our payment of reps after the NoCB was superbly organised and efficient, far better than the payment of reps to us by NPO for example.

Suggesting OBR ahead of us for"inventing trade swapping" (which they didn't) is stupid.

I've only been around a short time, but didn't NSO reach 4 million ns faster than any alliance prior to our existence? Also, if you're shooting for "best growth after noCB," I kindly direct you to the alliance with the 3rd largest score.

Best =/= most. I don't know what NpOs growth was exactly but we have more than doubled in strength and avg strength and increased our total tech by more than three times since the 27th of december last year, so during 2009 we grew by quite a lot.

If that scared any alliance out there, they don't deserve to be an alliance.

What's your point with that crap anyway? Who is a better leader?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things.

Our 2009 military activities mainly consisted of being in peace mode for the tail end of vietFAN. Fighting that Lawless fellow. For a 2009 award, we have done nothing to qualify, so there is no reason to suggest we would beat MK.

To the NSO peoples, please take into account that our period of growth didn't begin until 6-7 months ago. You were created march 5, 2009. At the end of Karma, you had ~2.7 mil NS, we had about 600K. I mark this from mid may. Since we have been able to grow, we have gained 3.8 mil, you have gained 1.3 mil. In the period when we could compete, our growth rates was 290% of yours.

Alliance with Best Mathmeticians goes to:

MUSHROOM KINGDOM!

Are you ignoring the point of relative growth? Coming into this year MK was still pretty low after noCB, we've gained a -lot- in the last year. Our growth efficiency per member is top class, compared to NSO who recruits a hundred 0 NS nations who do nothing and grow about as fast as molasses in winter time.

100 x 0 = 0

0 =/= 3,840,715

Even if we go to the base NS of 3

100 x 3 = 300

300 =/= 3,840,715

Didn't they invent the whole "trade swapping" technique this year?

My nation, which is pushing toward its fourth anniversary, has been trade swapping for years. Years. The Orange Defense Network was the first to trade swap at an institutional level.

[18:43] <&lebubu> or maybe my right hand is just broken

[18:43] <Vilien> That might explain why it's taken you upwards of five months to make a signature

[18:44] <&lebubu> after 10 years of violent masturbation my fingers developed a mind of their own

…

[19:03] <@Unsure> BUTTPLUGS

I am proud to have been a part of this, and to have gained sustenance from the delicious tears overflowing from this thread.

The Best Rookie Alliance award for 2009 goes to The Corporation. Competent Leadership + excellent DoE = yes. Seriously now, how many DoEs do you see with 3 MDoAPs with well established alliances? Congrats guys, I look forward to seeing how you guys do from here on out.

Congrats, Kev!

MUSHROOM KINGDOM!

100 x 0 = 0

0 =/= 3,840,715

100 x 3 = 300

300 =/= 3,840,715

Yeah, I know, he forgot to add the NS gain from the 10 infra they buy every day.

Edited by Krull

I've only been around a short time, but didn't NSO reach 4 million ns faster than any alliance prior to our existence? Also, if you're shooting for "best growth after noCB," I kindly direct you to the alliance with the 3rd largest score.

You guys aren't even over 4M NS anymore. We came out of Karma at approximately ~4M NS. We're now almost at 9M NS. Hell, I thought some of these categories we really shouldn't have won, but come on. As for best growth after noCB, while I do love me some Polar, don't forget they were the (oh god somebody is going to have a hissy fit cause my numbers aren't 100% correct, boo hoo) #2 or #3 alliance in the game at the time. That they have returned to that position is nothing but inevitability in my eyes. I would be very curious to see how much NS they have actually gained since right before the DoW's started flying. We've approximately tripled our growth.

Seriously, hate on MK all you want, but make solid arguments (notice I didn't even touch your military one re: FAN).

Are we really arguing over the CyberNations Superlatives? Really?

We could always argue over whether some guy named hawk_11 should have filed a certain piece of paper with a certain alliance *wink wink nudge nudge* :P

We could always argue over whether some guy named hawk_11 should have filed a certain piece of paper with a certain alliance *wink wink nudge nudge* :P

I can't join an alliance that is both the nicest and most hostile alliance. I'll be so conflicted.

You guys aren't even over 4M NS anymore. We came out of Karma at approximately ~4M NS. We're now almost at 9M NS. Hell, I thought some of these categories we really shouldn't have won, but come on. As for best growth after noCB, while I do love me some Polar, don't forget they were the (oh god somebody is going to have a hissy fit cause my numbers aren't 100% correct, boo hoo) #2 or #3 alliance in the game at the time. That they have returned to that position is nothing but inevitability in my eyes. I would be very curious to see how much NS they have actually gained since right before the DoW's started flying. We've approximately tripled our growth.

Seriously, hate on MK all you want, but make solid arguments (notice I didn't even touch your military one re: FAN).

In fairness, it's much easier to grow a nation over 30k NS than it is to grow one from 3k NS, especially when you have the support of a lot of high-end nations. Add on that MK has a tendency to attract said high-end nations and that many of your members that were rebuilding had warchests, wonders, and improvements that FAN couldn't and the extra 1.2 million NS (or whatever) you gained isn't all that surprising. For what they had to work with I find FAN's growth to be more impressive.

Congrats to MK for the sweep. And congrats to Sky for winning nicest person! :wub:

MK's sweep is probably due to them being legitimate contenders, in addition to being very popular and having an active membership.

In fairness, it's much easier to grow a nation over 30k NS than it is to grow one from 3k NS, especially when you have the support of a lot of high-end nations. Add on that MK has a tendency to attract said high-end nations and that many of your members that were rebuilding had warchests, wonders, and improvements that FAN couldn't and the extra 1.2 million NS (or whatever) you gained isn't all that surprising. For what they had to work with I find FAN's growth to be more impressive.

I think he was talking about NSO in that particular instance.

MUSHROOM KINGDOM!

100 x 0 = 0

0 =/= 3,840,715

100 x 3 = 300

300 =/= 3,840,715

Right because nations stay at exactly the same strength forever, they don't grow at all.

I don't think anyone disputed FAN's growth as not being impressive... :wacko:

What has been disputed is NSO's growth or lack of...

Right because nations stay at exactly the same strength forever, they don't grow at all.

According to Seerow, not really:

Our growth efficiency per member is top class, compared to NSO who recruits a hundred 0 NS nations who do nothing and grow about as fast as molasses in winter time.

As Zizka already made point of, I was referring to NSO. FAN's growth has been quite marvelous.