Announcement from Dark Fist

You act as if we aren't well aware that our IRC room is full of jackassery and asshattery most of the day? :rolleyes:

Fair enough, although I can't help but feel as if a thread such as this would backfire somewhat due to the amount of asshattery displayed by your alliance members in that channel. As an outside party, I see someone from NSO popping into your channel to request a treaty (albeit with a bit more juvenile voice than one would expect... <_< ), and then the rest of NSO being treated like crap throughout the rest of the logs. Diplomacy was obviously out the window in this case.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So something has failed terribly

That's entirely a matter of opinion. I had many people tell me how funny this announcement was, and I like bringing joy to people - despite what NSO and it's supporters think.

Fair enough, although I can't help but feel as if a thread such as this would backfire somewhat due to the amount of asshattery displayed by your alliance members in that channel. As an outside party, I see someone from NSO popping into your channel to request a treaty (albeit with a bit more juvenile voice than one would expect... <_< ), and then the rest of NSO being treated like crap throughout the rest of the logs. Diplomacy was obviously out the window in this case.

Not sure if serious, but if so, you need to understand the relationship between us and NSO better to get the context.

Edited by Starcraftmazter

That's entirely a matter of opinion. I had many people tell me how funny this announcement was, and I like bringing joy to people - despite what NSO and it's supporters think.

If you think the people criticizing you in this thread are all our "supporters" then you haven't been paying attention.

Not sure if serious, but if so, you need to understand the relationship between us and NSO better to get the context.

I wasn't aware we had a relationship.

Furthermore, I think the New Sith Order should be destroyed.

Well, looks like it's time for you to stand up for what you believe in. Don't mind if I go to sleep now, but for some reason I'm not worried about the disapproval of your cute little "alliance" or you highly important opinions. :rolleyes:

Diplomacy is never the name of the game when people come flooding into your channel.

Perhaps some screenshots of the initial issue with NSO prior to the treaty request would have made it more clear. I've only seen the aftermath that was posted in the OP.

Well, looks like it's time for you to stand up for what you believe in. Don't mind if I go to sleep now, but for some reason I'm not worried about the disapproval of your cute little "alliance" or you highly important opinions. :rolleyes:

I'm getting a little tired of people completely misinterpreting what that line means... Consider that things you read could mean something other than the blatantly obvious definition.

Edited by Starcraftmazter

We do not. Dark Fist has never and will never go to war because of an OOC reason. I don't know how many times I need to make this clear.

[OOC]"We're not going to declare war for an OOC reason but we are going to post this in the IC section of the forums."

It's one or the other. Choose.[/OOC]

EDIT:

I see Walkerninja has raised the same point I have. Let me attempt a second summary

"We are not going to take IC actions for an OOC action, except for the IC action of posting it in the IC forums."

Edited by Proko

You would find that I am nor a supporter of NSO or a ally of NSO.

What can I say, haters gonna hate. We do not post announcements for critics.

Yet you posted this to criticize NSO, Good job.

Because not every IC issue demands a declaration of war? Especially if the IC issue has spun up from an OOC issue?

Incorrect, we do not desire any war to come up from this issue. We simply wanted to inform NSO and the world about it.

so you desire for them to be destroyed but are too gutless to do it yourself. basically what i have been stating the entire time. gotcha yet again. thanks.

I wanted to inform the NSO so that they could perhaps approach the member of theirs whom we believe perpetrated the act, and question him over it. Or carry out whatever investigation of their own. Or ignore us - we really don't care.

But I think when someone perpetrates the act outlined in the OP*, the suspect's alliance should be notified. For instance, if it was someone in my alliance, I would want to find out who, and expel them if I believed strongly enough that they were responsible. And I would most certainly find out, if it was a member of mine.

you have no proof whatsoever. so why should NSO do a darn thing? you keep making accusations you cannot back up.

It makes no sense because you have it wrong. An issue could be both IC and OOC, as I believe this is. We do not declare war for such things, or most other things - but only for very very good reasons.

We are not here to complain, I don't know how you got that impression. As I said, the announcement was made to inform NSO about the issue, and because it was quite funny and ironic of an event to occur.

all you have been doing is complaining. you entire OP is one giant complaint and whinefest. if you wanted to inform NSO, private channels would have made you look less foolish. but if what you were going for was to make yourself look almost as fail, if not as fail, as UED, then by god you accomplished that.

We really don't care if you believe us or not, we are not here to convince anyone.

i call bs on this one. look at the second quote. you keep up with the accusations without a shred of proof. that is an attempt to convince someone. the fact that you posted this on the OWF shows you want to convince people it was NSO. so don't lie and state you aren't trying to convince anyone, when this thread was made for that purpose.