Effect of CN:TE on CN:SE

shahenshah

If anything, it relieves tensions in Standard Edition. Imagine the drive for war as a drive for sex, or a libido. Because the rulers get out their frustrations in Tournament Edition, their libido, if you will, in Standard Edition is lessened. Therefore, Tournament Edition actually reduces the occurance of wars in Standard Edition.

If anything, it relieves tensions in Standard Edition. Imagine the drive for war as a drive for sex, or a libido. Because the rulers get out their frustrations in Tournament Edition, their libido, if you will, in Standard Edition is lessened. Therefore, Tournament Edition actually reduces the occurance of wars in Standard Edition.

So TE works as some kind of therapy?

Interesting.

it shouldn't. people in TE are 100% different than here. i play TE with a people that i wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole in SE (hai TSO :P) but in TE i could care less that they're in TSO or TOP or wherever.

I do know some people like Arsenal like to blur the lines, but thats more or less the exception to the rule.

The only thing TE does to SE is add flags, which doesn't really do much except have certain alliances pay people who won for their flag, and also people who pay too much attention not like TFD much. (Seriously? Your war flag? Your war flag. At least do an ally or something come on)

Works this way for me and a few of our members. I let my "wild side" out on TE. But that may be just because we're a peaceful alliance...on SE. Plus, need to get some basic war experience somewhere.

Other than that, I don't think so - at least not for most people.

Edited by White Chocolate

Everyone says it doesn't affect SE, yet every time someone proposes something crazy on this very forum (usually the sort of thing that used to happen here spur-of-the-moment) the chorus chimes, "That's what TE is for". I think it contributes somewhat to the aversion to political and military risk that's developed here, and its advent and implementation at least draws some focus away from the necessity of serious pacing tweaks that need to occur in SE.

Everyone says it doesn't affect SE, yet every time someone proposes something crazy on this very forum (usually the sort of thing that used to happen here spur-of-the-moment) the chorus chimes, "That's what TE is for". I think it contributes somewhat to the aversion to political and military risk that's developed here, and its advent and implementation at least draws some focus away from the necessity of serious pacing tweaks that need to occur in SE.

I am in agreement with the above post.

The SOS Brigade owes its existence to TE. Other than that, not too much.

Probably TE slows down the SE game a bit, by allowing the MUST WAR NOW people a place to vent.

Well, we're not the only alliance to come over from TE, but we're probably the only one people have ever heard of. :P

Do you think how alliances conduct business and policies are being influenced by CN:TE directly or indirectly in anyway?

Only thing ive seen is some of SE's louder and less pleasant posters are quick to get dogpiled in TE. Which should come of no real surprise to anyone lol

that's what I agree on TE (though I'd word it differently :P) not to mention it's also a good alternative for settling the "tech raid" urge (for some people)

^that could be true (though SE has gotten some improvements like getting bigger backcollections thnx to the 25 day limit ;) )

Well, we're not the only alliance to come over from TE, but we're probably the only one people have ever heard of. :P

^not sure why, but I believe you

In CN:TE there is nothing in stake really, so its free for all. I lost interest after the first one, didn't see a point in playing again,... was in top ten son ^_^

In CN:SE people invested much more, so the stakes are higher which is one of the reasons why the game flow is different and far more rigid here.

True, one can say what doitzel did, but we all know that phrase is more of a weak cop out then anything really. While maybe CN:TE takes something from CN:SE, its not a major reason why game flow here is what it is.

So, IMO, the effect is minor at best.

Agreeing on the tweaking more of this version, rather then focusing on the TE version.

Edited by Branimir