Most Disappointing Player or Alliance

ChairmanHal

Everyone has player characters or even whole alliances they love or hate for a variety of reasons. But has there been a player character or alliance that you once held in great esteem but they fell from grace in your eyes, didn't live up to their potential, or otherwise disappointed you? Is there one that stands out more than the others? If so, why?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably because they are fresh in my mind right now but the FCC would be my top pick. The absolute mess of me trying to apply there a while ago started my opinion on a slippery slope. They are certainly not the alliance I had previously grown to respect.

Edited by Captain Flinders

Electron Sponge, for different reasons than many would say. After Vox, he started tLC, which was an alliance that, from the outside looking in, I saw a lot of potential in, and then he just kinda left it and left Planet Bob all together, with out any kind of warning from what I understand. Now, I can understand leaving the game for RL reasons, but usually it's nice to let people know first if your government in an alliance.

Edited by Nintenderek

Archon - had the potential to really change things, dropped the ball.

Edit: I forgot Londo - had a lot of potential back in the fall of '08, since then has bungled too many opportunities to do good things.

Edited by Tokugawa Mitsukuni

Legion from GW3 and NpO in WotC (that is the right name for it, right?) recently come to mind, but I think I just got unlucky with my NpO targets. I hit three of them, and never had a single one attack me (in any form, even a cruise missile) back.

I think you should start it Hal, get the ball rolling.

Most Disappointing Alliance - Atlantis

From getting bullied on Aqua and moving to White, to surviving GW IV and climbing to a top ranked alliance only to disintegrate without a shot fired over what seemed like a bit of TPF saber rattling. Atlantis had a lot of potential and never really lived up to it.

Most Disappointing Player - Starfox101

It's not that Starfox is a bad player. Indeed, he's survived more battles and been involved in more alliances than a dozen other players. He's been there, done that, and most likely had a t-shirt once, but wore it thread bare. And all that is the problem...if he could manage to settle down in one place and nation build he could be running a massive nation by now and be involved in leadership in a sanctioned alliance. Instead, he roams Planet Bob, much like Kwai Chang Caine in 'Kung Fu', never staying with any alliance for very long. Perhaps that is his goal...if so, he's actually the most successful player in the game.

Everyone has player characters or even whole alliances they love or hate for a variety of reasons. But has there been a player character or alliance that you once held in great esteem but they fell from grace in your eyes, didn't live up to their potential, or otherwise disappointed you? Is there one that stands out more than the others? If so, why?

On a serious note, for me, it would be you Hal. I considered you a great mentor and leader up until the events that transpired which I'll leave unmentioned as we both know what they were.

Players:

Ephriam Grey - Certainly talented, but he opted to use that talent for ill purposes.

Terry Howard - No matter how just the cause may seem, plotting against your allies is never OK

Electron Sponge - Basically the same reason as Nintenderek noted. That's a reason that I can vouch for as well, as I was tLC government near the end

Alliances:

Atlantis - More or less the same reason as ChairmanHal noted

Sparta - See my note for Terry Howard on this one as well

Alliance: World Federation

The Coalition has great potential on Red, and after they merged with and moved to Green, they seemed like a great alliance. Good image, new upcoming players, good potential and future in CN. After they rallied for a war against UED and then used the fake PM as an excuse to declare war, I completely lost respect for them. Even today I helped put together an aid list for UED, because wF was "too busy" to make one.

Edit: grammar

Edited by Ray Matveyev