Favorite Forums Posters

Essenia

The idea of this thread is simple: who are your favorite posters on the forums and why. To try to get around bias a bit I'd recommend you choose a poster from each of the four major blocs.

Citadel: Alpreb. He doesn't have much (any?) name recognition, but whenever is he posting he's posting he makes intelligent and judicious comments; he's been at it forever as well.

CnG: Azaghul. Ok, he's technically not in MK anymore, but I can't overlook him. He always gives both sides of the issue a fair shake (except when NPO is involved, but NPO is almost always wrong so that doesn't matter much). He is both polite and unafraid to callout people or alliances for hypocrisy or wrongdoings (see: GATO).

Frostbite: Fallen_Fool. His posts are always interesting to read; they offer substantive information on the topic at hand and tend to be unbiased with the exception of a few topics, even if those are topics where I disagree with him pretty strongly.

SF: Delta1212. A lot of his posts are chaff, but he, more than almost anyone else, is a master of cutting through lengthy BS posting and knocking down flimsy arguments.

Edited by Essenia

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm

Citadel: Not sure really, seeing as Bob isn't Cit anymore. In a pinch I'll say LiquidMercury.

C&G: I have a lot of respect for Revanche.

Frostbite: I'd say Lint.

SF: XIPHOSIS.

Edited by goldielax25

Citadel: Honestly hard to say. I've seen a few Cit posters that would fit this bill. Essenia, Kaiser, President Obama, I'd put Bob Janova down except he left Grems for VE :lol1:

CnG: Azaghul is pretty awesome. :awesome: I also like Drai's more serious posts.

Frostbite: Almighty Grub. You may not always agree with him, but he's not afraid to speak his mind, or to give credit where credit is due. I do agree about FF as well. (I still don't get the "Fallen_Fail" meme. :P )

SF: WickedJ. He's just that damn funny. :P Also, I have a lot of respect for RoK's Alfred von Tirpitz - one of the most level-headed guys you'll meet in any bloc.

In my case, my favourite forums poster isn't in any of these, because he's in CCC. :ph34r:

Edited by Uralica

Citadel: Steelrat. Really, he is just awesome.

C&G: Archon. Doesn't mess around and is a man of his word. Good qualities.

Frostbite: Tygaland. I've always liked STA, and he just stands by what he says.

SF: Xiphosis. Same reasons above. People may not agree with him, but at least he doesn't spew the same old !@#$%^&* like everyone lse. He is brutally honest, and that I consider admirable.

Citadel: It's surprising how hard this is now that Bob Janova's gone. There's certainly a lot of decent posters there, but no name really leaps to mind. I suppose I'll agree with Roquentin, even though he doesn't post much.

CnG: Archon. He puts effort into his topics; they're enjoyable to read as well as functional.

Frostbite: Penguin. He's always concise, polite, honest, precise, and thorough. Zombie Glaucon and Moridin are also both close contenders.

SF: Delta. He says things well and honestly, as far as I can tell. Honorable mention for Lord Brendan.

Edited by bzelger

CnG: Azaghul is pretty awesome. :awesome: I also like Drai's more serious posts.

Trying to squash the fun out of me B)

Citadel: Bob Janova, but now I'm not sure.

CnG: I think Revanche wins my vote, I never find myself disagreeing and his style appeals to me.

Frostbite: Cookavich

Superfriends: Delta

Edited by Drai

Citadel - ... The only one I remembered was Bob, but he left. Citadel has no favorite for me. :v:

CnG - potato. This should go without saying. Makes the best posts of all time for CnG.

Frostbite - A 3-way tie. Tygaland, AlmightyGrub and Wentworth = :awesome:

SF - Hoo. Nuff' said.

CDT - Lenny N Karl. I always have liked him. He seems pretty cool in my book.

... oh dear. I think this means I like Frostbite. :v:

Trying to squash the fun out of me B)

Citadel: Bob Janova, but now I'm not sure. If Matt Miller posted on the OWF more I'd be tempted to put him down.

CnG: I think Revanche wins my vote, I never find myself disagreeing and his style appeals to me.

Frostbite: Cookavich

Superfriends: Delta

IRON is part of Citadel?

Citadel: Nobody, Bob Janova was good, but the rest lack anything meaty.

CnG: Ehhh, I would have to say Rsox due to his sarcastic dry humor, nobody seems to realise when he is joking and he doesn't tell them. Makes for a chuckle.

FB: d34th, I almost always dislike his point of view, but he creates and uses his own art to make a point instead of being a regular drone who relies on a thesaurus or getting help from other people to swamp a thread.

SF: Lord Brendan, if he changed his avatar to something good.

Citadel: I always liked to read Reyne's posts...oh...wait....hmmm I'll go ahead and say Ejay...dang it! Bob? Pooop! Alright alright I'll say LiquidMercury

Unless I'm having another brain fart about who's in citadel, or if I misinterpreted your post, Reyne is in Argent, who is in Citadel.

CDT: Jorost or Altheus. They're both really good posters.

Citadel: Going to have to go with Schatt on this. Bob Janova was the only one I really enjoyed reading.

Complaints and Grievances: Stumpy. When he shows his face, he's win.

Superfriends: Delta. I disagree with most of his politics, but he's wicked smart and knows how to use it.

Frost Bite: Rebel Virginia. I don't always agree with him, but he always seems to have his tongue firmly in his cheek.