Say there boy, pull this here lever and watch what happens.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all of these treaties that offer senseless aggression clauses for the sake of, what? the loss of lives, the loss of infrastructure, the mutually assured destruction where there is no outcome? Is this not the new improved grand global alliance? Is this not supposed to be an alliance that has changed?

When will this new improved grand global alliance seek to spread the word of peace throughout Planet Bob? Will you not join me in spreading the word?

As for Echelon, I'm sorry that I do not know much of your alliance, but I can only hope that this treaty is one that you never need to activate, and I hope that you are committed to the pursuit of peace and happiness.

Ah, GGA, I thought you were moving to a new and better path. Re-signing an MADP with one of the more troublesome alliances of the hegemony is a bad sign. I'd have thought that the Karma war would have shown everyone the stupidity of signing MADPs, but I guess some of you are going to get a second lesson one day.

all of these treaties that offer senseless aggression clauses for the sake of, what? the loss of lives, the loss of infrastructure, the mutually assured destruction where there is no outcome? Is this not the new improved grand global alliance? Is this not supposed to be an alliance that has changed?

When will this new improved grand global alliance seek to spread the word of peace throughout Planet Bob? Will you not join me in spreading the word?

As for Echelon, I'm sorry that I do not know much of your alliance, but I can only hope that this treaty is one that you never need to activate, and I hope that you are committed to the pursuit of peace and happiness.

I too hope this treaty never need be activated, however I do not see this as a treaty of senseless aggression. This is the resigning of a treaty we held with Echelon for a long time. The fact that they had been forced to cancel it as part of terms was wrong, not the existence of the treaty itself. This is the new improved grand global alliance and yes this is an alliance that has changed. Peace and happiness is something the GGA looks forward to in this post war Bob.

Ah, GGA, I thought you were moving to a new and better path. Re-signing an MADP with one of the more troublesome alliances of the hegemony is a bad sign. I'd have thought that the Karma war would have shown everyone the stupidity of signing MADPs, but I guess some of you are going to get a second lesson one day.

VE appears to be MADP'd to GOD and Ordo Verde. :huh:

This is the new improved grand global alliance and yes this is an alliance that has changed. Peace and happiness is something the GGA looks forward to in this post war Bob.

Your way of showing a new and improved GGA is... to sign up to your old and dark past at a very high level? How curious :psyduck:

Your way of showing a new and improved GGA is... to sign up to your old and dark past at a very high level? How curious :psyduck:

So they now must sign with treaties that you approve of and completely denounce their old friends, oh brave new world.

Great logic, bad GGA signing with former friends on the path back to mermaid_man.gif

So they now must sign with treaties that you approve of and completely denounce their old friends, oh brave new world.

Good god man, have you no comprehension skills? I simply said that it is ridiculous to attempt to paint the resigning of an typical old-era treaty as a shining example of a new GGA. It doesn't make any sense.

Nice brave new world quip though, how long have you been waiting to use that gem? I am guessing a while, since you've resorted to shoehorning it in here. Alas, such jabs at Karma seem rather, well, sad to me, since the wartime coalition is long dead and all. But if they make you feel better and ease your bitterness a little, I say keep on keeping on.

To be clear, We have been friends with GGA since the pre Echelon merger days, well before 1V. Then I was a brash young leader who just got in trouble for tech raiding one of their nations, and we were another troublesome little alliance called the Shadowhood. I signed on to their boards to work out reps and GGA was sporting a ship and a ton of flash games on their board then, which attracted me like a moth to a bug zapper :wub: But what made us sign the original treaty was the friendship developed over time between our leaders and theirs, and this is nothing more than a continuation of that old friendship with the current leaders of our respective alliances.

Nobody ever wants to activate these things, they are made and activated by necessity. Mutually assured destruction is determined by the ego of the aggressors, and sometimes their replacements. Rarely are the defenders objectionable to a cease fire. Edited by Neo Anglia

Would you agree they're generally a bad idea no matter how close you get to someone? If so I don't get why you didn't just downgrade this one before re-signing it.

No I would not. For GGA to tell a friend, that we have known from their days of conception, that we will only resign a downgraded treaty with them would be a slap in the face. I know they never would have asked it of us. We are comfortable with our relationship with Echelon I’m just not sure why you don’t seem to be or why you even care.

GGA will not be pushed one way or another as to who we should sign with or what we will sign. Our days of being pushed into a mold are long over. We don’t base our treaties on who is on what side or who has the most power. We base our treaties on trust, honor, and friendship. If you would like to have a treaty with an alliance that believes in those things then come talk to us if not go about your business and leave us to ours.

I don't quite understand why everyone is so dead set against pure MADP treaties nowadays. Essentially, the only difference between MDoAP and MADP is that with the former, you have the option of getting beat down in a losing war. With the latter, getting beat down is mandatory.

Nothing changes for a war that is won from the start. (Vast majority of aggressive wars)

No I would not. For GGA to tell a friend, that we have known from their days of conception, that we will only resign a downgraded treaty with them would be a slap in the face. I know they never would have asked it of us. We are comfortable with our relationship with Echelon I’m just not sure why you don’t seem to be or why you even care.

GGA will not be pushed one way or another as to who we should sign with or what we will sign. Our days of being pushed into a mold are long over. We don’t base our treaties on who is on what side or who has the most power. We base our treaties on trust, honor, and friendship. If you would like to have a treaty with an alliance that believes in those things then come talk to us if not go about your business and leave us to ours.

I don't need to care to have an opinion, and signing an MADP is a bad idea for anyone, even moreso if you're signing it to be polite.

As for the rest, I'm not sure how any of that is relevant but uh, good for you?