Say there boy, pull this here lever and watch what happens.

I'm flattered Kyber! :wub:

But no, the Prime Minister really is just a governmental quartermaster. That's the way I see it at least. Also, in the event of Chogs and Neo becoming incapacitated and/or dead, I become the acting Director. Neat huh?

Solidus plans the double-assassination of the Echelon Directorate...

Basically, you're the Queen. :P

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the "o" doesn't matter because if one was to get rolled then the other would 99% probably get rolled along side that alliance...because people think this way: better to kill two (insert word here) with one stone, if you know what I'm saying.

And if one was to attack another alliance, the "o" wouldn't matter either because you would end up attacking the SAME people anyway through different treaties.

idrc, MADP's kinda mean that you guys are close but its not as strong as say the Non cancellation treaty between NPO and MHA, if you made it like that, then I would consider you guys bff's for life.

Either way good liuck with friendship, because hey, everyone needs someone.

MHA which dropped us as soon as they saw we might actually need their help? Yeah no.

Right, I'm not going to get dragged into a sh!t-throwing competition... However, I will say this much:

Echelon & GGA have been friends for a long time and that is a well known fact. Hegemony is in the past, so all the people who are hung up on the fact that 2 former allies and long time friends are re-formalizing their relationship should really learn to let things go. My advice to you guys would be this... Build a bridge and get it over it. The whole "OMG dey r Hegemony ppl" is old news.... as in really old news.

As for this particular treaty... yes, it is an MDAP (shock, horror :o ). However, personally I don't really think there is an awful lot else which needs to be said on the matter. If both GGA and ourselves are comfortable signing an MDAP then I don't really think it is much of anyone else's business TBH. While I am fully aware of the reasoning behind people's skeptical view of MDAP's... I believe that so long as the 2 parties engaged in the treaty are fully committed to each other and are comfortable with their treaty status then I don't see why everyone else should get their knickers in a twist over it. Both Echelon & GGA are happy with this treaty so all the haters need to realize that no matter how much they insist on trolling the thread, it ain't going to change how we feel about our great allies or the dead sexy doctrine. :wub:

One more thing.... there are quite a substantial number of posters on this forum who keep harping on about how Echelon and others have failed to 'change' or move in 'new directions' since the end of the Karma War. Well to these people I have this to say... grow up and get a life. Yes, the Echelon of today remains committed to some of the relationships which we had pre-Karma War. However this merely reflects the fact that we remain committed to the friends and allies who stood by us through the good times and the bad. Our government has changed a great deal, as has our membership... thus meaning that we now have a new outlook on many of our old relationships. Just because we've re-signed a treaty with an old ally & friend doesn't mean that we're reverting back to the modus operandi of the pre-Karma War era. We are committed to building a bigger, better, stronger Echelon... and if we believe that some of our old long standing allies have a role to play in that future then we will work to secure that. Regardless of what the haters and perma-skeptics say.

o/ Echelon!

o/ GGA!

o/ Honor & Loyalty!

Just to add to what Chogs posted..

The Echelon that you people love to hate so much was born of policies instituted and promoted by two key players that are no longer part of Echelon leadership, or part of Echelon at the moment at all.

Ross Garner and Tela.

You guys are hating on an alliance that simply doesn't exist anymore. Echelon has changed a great deal, and I have to admit that between Chogs, Neo, MP and the others, their level headed style of leadership is far superior to the heavy handedness that both Ross and myself preferred. (Admittedly, times were very different, and we had the leeway to do what we did, just as a couple notable !@#$%bags involved in the surrender terms had the leeway to do what they did at the time.)

Hello thar, secksy ladey!

the heavy handedness that both Ross and myself preferred. (Admittedly, times were very different, and we had the leeway to do what we did, just as a couple notable !@#$%bags involved in the surrender terms had the leeway to do what they did at the time.)

But we all had a helluva good time, didn't we :D.

Also, I approve this message, I mean treaty, yay GGA \o.

Basically:

old Echelon funny-pictures-basement-cat-updates-facebook-pic.jpg

new Echelon funny-pictures-basement-cat-is-pacified.jpg

Edited by Death666Angel

I don't quite understand why everyone is so dead set against pure MADP treaties nowadays. Essentially, the only difference between MDoAP and MADP is that with the former, you have the option of getting beat down in a losing war. With the latter, getting beat down is mandatory.

Nothing changes for a war that is won from the start. (Vast majority of aggressive wars)

Because it chains alliances together...and thus makes for difficulty during the lead up to war for guesstimating...

People like the ambiguity...and the chance to see where the chips fall where they may...

Just to add to what Chogs posted..

The Echelon that you people love to hate so much was born of policies instituted and promoted by two key players that are no longer part of Echelon leadership, or part of Echelon at the moment at all.

Ross Garner and Tela.

You guys are hating on an alliance that simply doesn't exist anymore. Echelon has changed a great deal, and I have to admit that between Chogs, Neo, MP and the others, their level headed style of leadership is far superior to the heavy handedness that both Ross and myself preferred. (Admittedly, times were very different, and we had the leeway to do what we did, just as a couple notable !@#$%bags involved in the surrender terms had the leeway to do what they did at the time.)

Ross was rarely heavy handed in my opinion. But everything else I agree with. Everything I've seen of Rugger and MP, and what little I knew of Chog before I left and what I know of Neo tends to point to a brighter future for the boys and girls in Echelon.

Ross was rarely heavy handed in my opinion. But everything else I agree with. Everything I've seen of Rugger and MP, and what little I knew of Chog before I left and what I know of Neo tends to point to a brighter future for the boys and girls in Echelon.

Ross taught me. :P

He was more diplomatic about it, that's why you don't see it as easily. I kind of had the tendency to just come straight out and tell someone we were going to beat the crap out of them if they didn't do what I said. Ross implied it. The results were always the same. :P

Edit: Anyway, this has been getting slightly off-topic for awhile now, on a tangent.

The point is, GGA and Echelon are happy. So, either hate them as a single entity or be happy for them. I doubt anyone else's opinion will change their minds.

Edited by Lady Gaga

Ross taught me. :P

He was more diplomatic about it, that's why you don't see it as easily. I kind of had the tendency to just come straight out and tell someone we were going to beat the crap out of them if they didn't do what I said. Ross implied it. The results were always the same. :P

Edit: Anyway, this has been getting slightly off-topic for awhile now, on a tangent.

The point is, GGA and Echelon are happy. So, either hate them as a single entity or be happy for them. I doubt anyone else's opinion will change their minds.

He taught me as well. I'm not afraid in the slightest of using the "be good" stick, I just choose to give people a chance to use their brain and negotiate before I start swinging, because as you well know I tend to go a bit berserk with the damned thing once I start swinging :P

• 3 months later...

[quote name='ironchef' date='27 November 2009 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1259377042' post='1995084']
No I would not. For GGA to tell a friend, that we have known from their days of conception, that we will only resign a downgraded treaty with them would be a slap in the face. I know they never would have asked it of us. We are comfortable with our relationship with Echelon I’m just not sure why you don’t seem to be or why you even care.
GGA will not be pushed one way or another as to who we should sign with or what we will sign. Our days of being pushed into a mold are long over. We don’t base our treaties on who is on what side or who has the most power. We base our treaties on trust, honor, and friendship. If you would like to have a treaty with an alliance that believes in those things then come talk to us if not go about your business and leave us to ours.
[/quote]
Did I hear a bell? Someone must be getting schooled. :awesome:

<_< I was like "what, this isn't signed by the current GGA government," and then looked at when the OP was.

I got tricked by a gravedig. Wooooooooo. Edited by Sir Sci