Do you wanna quit CN?

Angrator

I might quit CN because...  

469 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In rl there is a lot of benefit towards war, you get control of strategically important land and resources, secure your borders, cut down rivals and expand your doctrine over the masses you conquer.

None of that is reflected in CN war.

Actually it does, but in a more subtle sense and in a different sort of dimension.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I ever were to quit it would be because of the mechanics of the game. It really isnt hard to log in for 5 mins do what you need to do and log off so RL wouldnt be a huge impact.

Im more cocerned with the lack of additions to the game for smaller nations. Everything these days is about wonders and only a few people can get them. Improvements are good and all but there really hasnt been anything new added for lower level players in ages.

Not to mention that even the wonders and stuff for people of higher levels can only happen once a month. Really the game takes a long time for things to happen which can hurt the ability of the game to keep people in it.

Edited by Master-Debater

CN is just as interesting as always. This is the small window of opportunity for ingenuity to take place. So it's fair to say this is the most interesting period of time for the movers of the game. See: Post GW1 Dilber. Once things have been set up, it's time for the shakers to move in and shake things up.

Got other things to do. The fall of NPO was really a Climactic point for CN and it is going to take awhile for anything to brew up in order to maintain the interest of folks who have been taking part in this massively outdated world for years. I myself am just maintaining my nation just in case I become interested like I used to be. Maintaining is so easy, I don't see why some folks feel the need to have a massive blowout rogue party. I guess maybe that comes from putting in so much work in the game.

Why I won't quit:

- love TOOL's community too much.

- love other alliances' communities too much. (Too many to list.)

- love Wiki-RPing too much

- love blog-RPing too much

(love writing mindless walls of text that no one will read too much? :ph34r: )

- love commitment too much.

- love acting too much.

However, I would indeed scale back if need be.

Edited by Uralica

Weird, I must have logged in with my Doitzel account. It said exactly what I would have said.

So basically, De Profundis was nothing but one man and his multis. :awesome:

Also, not going to quit. After Vox I got really, really bored- Thus my attempt to become an NPO member.

I don't know what'll happen, but there are so many possibilities, that it's just fun to watch I suppose.

Edited by Earogema

Why I won't quit:

- love TOOL's community too much.

- love other alliances' communities too much. (Too many to list.)

- love Wiki-RPing too much

- love blog-RPing too much

(love writing mindless walls of text that no one will read too much? :ph34r: )

- love commitment too much.

- love acting too much.

However, I would indeed scale back if need be.

I quite liked RPing back in the day. and hopefully when I catch up I might start again.

New Slogan

"CN: It's not a game, it's a lifestyle"

"CN: More addictive than crack, but now better for you!"

Personally, I think I'd just go quietly and not bother to sign in. If I'd lost interest in the game, I think I'd just quit. Although it depends on whether any grudges were within range.

I quite liked RPing back in the day. and hopefully when I catch up I might start again.

The problem with the 'RP' in this game is that it is so segmented off as somehow separate from the game. This is because we are forced into alliances, and all alliances of any note have their own preservation as a top goal. If we decided that we had an old grudge and went at it we would probably have a great time... for however many minutes it took our respective alliances to shut us up and end it. Yet if we go unaligned first, we simply invite every dumbass in range to "raid" us and interfere.

While I have thought about it recently I do not have any real intention of quitting. It is too easy to maintain my nation so I do not see a reason to quit now and possibly regret the loss of my nation later. For now, much like my friend doitzel I am just going to sit and watch.

I won't lie, I've left before...of course, that was to go enjoy several months of training in beautiful South and North Carolina, respectively, when I joined the Corps.

Other than that...you know, I stay around for the Fantasy RP section, and because one of these days I'm going to make a serious attempt at bringing \m/ back, or something like that.

Besides, it's fun watching the game when one has no stake in it. I remember when I started, having to worry about everything I said. That was foolish; this is just a slightly addicting form of entertainment, and now that I can shoot my mouth off with no real consequences (Except war against my tiny, tiny nation) why not hang out and watch what people make out of this new world?