Declaration of Solidarity

You're more like spoiled children here than anything else. Can't get your own way in a cooperative effort? Run off and start a new bloc, and declare that this is unity even when you're excluding almost all others! This is even worse than Agora.

So I look forward to the day when this sorry treaty is scrapped. It's certainly not going to improve the state of the trading sphere, but at least you could find success in attracting controversy. I wouldn't poke the sleeping bear that makes up 1/3 of the sphere too much though.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look I'm on your side in all this. I'd love it if you could stick it to the man and all, but I really can't see this happening.

Between all the signatories you have around 179 members total. Even if you can somehow get all of them to vote (and again, UED has less than half their members on the Red Team so that's a tremendous stretch), you'd still be 21 votes short of the third place Senate spot.

The way it is now this bloc seems all but pointless.

I do hope I wind up eating my words, but I doubt it.

Look I'm on your side in all this. I'd love it if you could stick it to the man and all, but I really can't see this happening.

Between all the signatories you have around 179 members total. Even if you can somehow get all of them to vote (and again, UED has less than half their members on the Red Team so that's a tremendous stretch), you'd still be 21 votes short of the third place Senate spot.

The way it is now this bloc seems all but pointless.

I do hope I wind up eating my words, but I doubt it.

Solidarity will rely heavily upon unaligned voters. I explained to KDII why that is not feasible when explaining why NPO cooperation was essential to RD months ago. Vox's experience in our second Red senate campaign (the one you never heard about because it failed) shows such heavy reliance on unaligneds to be wishful thinking at best.

Hasn't taken that much time for red to get a splinter? Has it? Please KDII, my dear friend, do yourself a favor, and try this great thing called diplomacy. I have no doubt UED will be a great alliance, but, you are destroying the alliances ability to influence, and be influenced, by others. This gap in red, really isn't large, even if UED is the second largest red alliance, it isn't large enough to call it's own actions and have significant standing. I am not saying all small alliances should stand in the shadows, but, try to use more reason in your next decision.

Edit - This also applies for SU and SWF.

Edited by Tarikmo

I'm addressing you because you're the OP, and all indications are that UED is leading the Solidarity effort. SWF followed UED in the FIRE-hosted talks, followed UED in the RD talks.

Well this time its different, Ray Matveyev (SWF) made and wrote this. He approached me on the idea and I just signed off on it. I havent had time IRL to do all that writing and coordinating.

So basically these guys set up a place for red alliances to hang out, chat and build some unity and the NPO come along and smack them down because they weren't invited to the party.

Congratuations on the DoS guys, I think it could do great things for the sphere and for the future of the game with more new alliances on red.

@ NPO - When the fears gone, what do you have left on your sphere?

So basically these guys set up a place for red alliances to hang out, chat and build some unity and the NPO come along and smack them down because they weren't invited to the party.

How can you have unity on Red without NPO? They're by far the largest alliance on Red. As it stands now, if you truly desire unity on Red you have to invite NPO.

Edited by Corinan

Congratuations on the DoS guys, I think it could do great things for the sphere and for the future of the game with more new alliances on red.

Actually, they stormed out of the Red Dawn talks because they weren't being given their way (apparently expecting someone to chase after them and yell "NOOooooooOOOo, you can have your way, please come back! D:"), plus those NPO !@#$%^&* got invited.

As for what we've got on this team, each other and our friends such as the ones in Red Dawn.

How can you have unity on Red without NPO? They're by far the largest alliance on Red. As it stands now, if you truly desire unity on Red you have to invite NPO.

Quite easily. King Death doesn't have to actually visit us peons on the Red Sphere. He looks from elsewhere, and magically we're united!

Edited by Dilber

All of these alliances were invited to Red Dawn, but refused to be part of it because we want to be. We want to work with them, but they don't want to work with us.

So we should force ourselves on alliances now? Wasn't the whole beat down by karma meant to teach us not to do that? How can we work with alliances that refuse to work with us?

If karma would allow, we'd be able to be a part of all these red unity projects. So even now, we aren't members of Red Dawn, so even there UED and SWF and SU could be part of something we aren't allowed to join yet.

Wow. Its not often you see alliances face palm in public anymore but, here we have an entire bloc. I think I am going to start a service that allows groups to come to me before they go public and fail. So to Solidarity I will give you this advice for free. Just declare this entire thing has been a joke just for fun. At least then you can pretend all of Planet Bob is laughing with you and not at you as they are now.

I know diplomacy is new to NPO and the ablity to give a rats about anyone other than the NPO is difficult but how about you let them set up their group, you carry on with yours, you grow as an alliance, learn to accept that you don't rule the world and then all sit down like adults and talk.

Really talk, don't list demands and throw a fit when you don't get your way (thats to both of you) and reach an agreement, and if you can't. Then don't troll their threads like little kids who scream when they don't get there was so they can spoil everyone elses