Rating alliances

Azaghul

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told every time someone ****s on NSO, you kill a kitten. c/d?

I had a throne made from kitten skulls built. Proved too fragile to actually sit on. Something about their skulls being too soft. Should have used full grown cats. Live and learn.

Just for clarification, 5 just means I'm neutral.

TOP 7

MHA 6

Sparta 4

NpO 10 :D

IRON 6

ODN 7

FARK 8

GPA 8

NPO 6

FOK 5

MK 9

WTF 5

TOOL 6

TDO 5

VE 5

Legion 8

RoK 6

GATO 5

CSN 7

Athens 4

Gremlins 4

MCXA 5

UPN 5

RIA 5

STA 7

Invicta 6

RnR 5

MASH 5

NADC 5

WAPA 5

NV 6

NSO 7

NEW 5

MA 5

Umbrella 5

FAN 8

LoSS 5

TSO 4

NATO 5

Nordreich 7

GR 6

Vanguard 5

GOD 4

FoB 5

PC 5

Valhalla 7

GGA 3

TPF 6

My esteemed comrade Emperor is correct.

Honestly, to be extremely fair, we knew exactly what the result of karma was going to be and we did so well before shots were fired. That had nothing to do with our reasons for sitting out. I made our position exceedingly clear several times and if some random nobody wants to have a go at making wild assertions, fill your boots my friend, I will not be repeating myself over and over.

If Polaris had rolled on the side of Karma, would it have made a single iota of difference? I think not, maybe your view is different.

If Polaris had rolled to defend Pacifica, would it have changed the outcome? I think not, but it would have cost several alliances a little more in the rebuilding phase.

Brendan isnt exactly a nobody my dear Grubb, just because YOU dont know him

My esteemed comrade Emperor is correct.

Honestly, to be extremely fair, we knew exactly what the result of karma was going to be and we did so well before shots were fired. That had nothing to do with our reasons for sitting out. I made our position exceedingly clear several times and if some random nobody wants to have a go at making wild assertions, fill your boots my friend, I will not be repeating myself over and over.

If Polaris had rolled on the side of Karma, would it have made a single iota of difference? I think not, maybe your view is different.

If Polaris had rolled to defend Pacifica, would it have changed the outcome? I think not, but it would have cost several alliances a little more in the rebuilding phase.

I think it's probably possible to have a reasonable debate about this without the ad hominem attacks. I'm pretty sure through the course of the ratings process so far almost every alliance on Planet Bob has been subject to a few scathing attacks, no one is singling out NpO in the bigger picture here.

Besides, the discussion is about the nature of treaty commitments if I understand correctly, and not necessarily the practicalities of the situation. Reasons such as those are perfectly understandable arguments for sitting out, but it doesn't mean you're immune from criticism for those actions or that they will always be approved of by all people. Really, I just don't think there's a need for such vitriol, it's over and done with, that's why we have the luxury of talking critically about all of our roles in the first place.

I suppose I may as well give my two cents.

TOP: 4 - Can't stand Crymson or his self-righteous attitude. Didn't quite like him in the NPO either. Most of TOP's members seem to share his attitudes. Some of them are bearable though, and though they have their own idea on how to to things, at least they do things, which more than most other alliances can say.

MHA: 0 - Worthless waste of space. Also die.

Sparta: 0 - Worthless waste of space. Also die.

NpO: 8 - Great alliance. Great allies. Considered joining them, but NSO got me instead.

IRON: 6 - Decent enough folks. I like them well enough.

ODN: 5 - No strong opinion on this alliance.

FARK: 5 - No strong opinion on this alliance.

GPA: 1 - Worthless waste of space.

NPO: 7 - Great alliance, great community. Will be making a rebound.

FOK: 5 - No strong opinion on this alliance.

MK: 8 - Great alliance. Former member, but great community and leadership.

WTF: 1 - Worthless waste of space.

TOOL: 5 - No strong opinion on this alliance.

TDO: 1 - Worthless waste of space.

VE: 6 - They're alright.

Legion: 6 - Also alright.

RoK: 2 - Hoo is a worthless leader, as are half of RoK's staff. RoK is simply a personality cult dedicated to Hoo, who really has a track record of not ever doing anything of note. These guys are good for pointless posturing and nothing more.

GATO: 7 - Great alliance with a great community. I do like these guys. Wish they would take a more active role in politics though.

CSN: 5 - No strong opinion on this alliance.

Athens: 6 - I like these guys alright.

Gremlins: 4 - This was a good alliance that is now a sinking ship.

MCXA: 5 - No strong opinion on this alliance.

UPN: 5 - No strong opinion on this alliance.

RIA: 5 - I like you guys slightly better than RoK, but that isn't saying much. Overall, no real strong feelings.

STA: 8 - Great allies and a great alliance. I like these guys.

Invicta: 6 - Alright alliance.

RnR: 5 - No strong opinion on this alliance.

MASH: 5 - No strong opinion on this alliance.

NADC: 5 - No strong opinion on this alliance.

WAPA: 5 - No strong opinion on this alliance.

NV: 7 - I like these guys.

NSO: - Wouldn't be fair to rate my own alliance, but I will say we are great innovators who popularized white peace.

NEW: 5 - No strong opinion on this alliance.

MA: 0 - Disband your sinking ship already.

Umbrella: 5 - No strong opinion on this alliance.

FAN: 7 - I like your style.

LoSS: No strong opinion on this alliance.

TSO: 1 - Worthless waste of space.

NATO: 6 - Alright group.

Nordreich: 5 - No strong opinion on this alliance.

GR: 5 - No strong opinion on this alliance.

Vanguard: 6 - I like you well enough.

GOD: 3 - You guys annoy me almost as much as RoK. Overall not good for much.

FoB: 6 - I like these guys.

PC: 1 - Worthless waste of space.

Valhalla: 7 - I like you well enough.

GGA: 0 - You're still a joke. Disband already.

TPF: 6 - I like you well enough.

I believe it's in irony related to his distaste for MHA.

You're correct. Vox did the same thing for ODN prior to the Karma War, and following the War of the Coalition. I flew it as well until I began to grow peeved with the utter worthlessness of the MHA. I simply cannot abide useless groups of people.

Also, the feeling is mutual RV.

I'm not sure I'm following you.

I had a throne made from kitten skulls built. Proved too fragile to actually sit on. Something about their skulls being too soft. Should have used full grown cats. Live and learn.

You'll need custom cushioning made during the construction, because that stuff is a pain in the $@! to replace after the mortars set in.

Might as well participate if I'm going to !@#$ up this thread.

TOP 4 Possibly the most boring overlords ever.

MHA 2 Even though I couldn't care less about BTA anymore I won't forget how you tried to push them around. That, and you're boring.

Sparta 8 Good allies and nice people.

NpO 5

IRON 4

ODN 6 Still not sure what to think about you, like what I see though.

FARK 6 Quit being forum snobs, there's not enough FARK posts out there.

GPA Don't care.

NPO Don't care.

FOK 6

MK 9.5 No one's perfect but you're close.

WTF Don't care.

TOOL 3 Boring.

TDO Don't care.

VE 5

Legion 2 LoLegion.

RoK 5

GATO 5

CSN 5

Athens 9 My vacation home.

Gremlins 5

MCXA 3 Do something already.

UPN 4

RIA 5

STA 5

Invicta 1 I herd you waz ballsy.

RnR 5

MASH 5

NADC 3

WAPA 5

NV 6

NSO 5

NEW 7 Extra point for being the Godliest Raiding Empire on the Planet.

MA 3 Seems on it's last breath.

Umbrella 7

FAN 7

LoSS 5

TSO 0

NATO 3

Nordreich 5

GR 9 :wub:

Vanguard 9 Solid in every way.

GOD 6 +1 for not being pansies.

FoB 9

PC 9 What's not to like?

Valhalla 2

GGA 5 Giving the benefit of the doubt.

TPF 1 Bullies to pathetic whiners in 10 seconds flat.

Edited by Smacky

I think it's probably possible to have a reasonable debate about this without the ad hominem attacks. I'm pretty sure through the course of the ratings process so far almost every alliance on Planet Bob has been subject to a few scathing attacks, no one is singling out NpO in the bigger picture here.

Besides, the discussion is about the nature of treaty commitments if I understand correctly, and not necessarily the practicalities of the situation. Reasons such as those are perfectly understandable arguments for sitting out, but it doesn't mean you're immune from criticism for those actions or that they will always be approved of by all people. Really, I just don't think there's a need for such vitriol, it's over and done with, that's why we have the luxury of talking critically about all of our roles in the first place.

I do not believe it to be an attack at all, just a statement of fact. I thought we had already established that I have no idea who you are.

TOP 4 Possibly the most boring overlords ever.

MHA 2 Even though I couldn't care less about BTA anymore I won't forget how you tried to push them around. That, and you're boring.

If we push people around we're going to lose even more points, if we don't we're boring. What do you want from us :(

I do not believe it to be an attack at all, just a statement of fact. I thought we had already established that I have no idea who you are.

It was my understanding that calling someone a "random nobody" in that context implied a certain dismissal of their opinions just because you don't know them. I was just saying that I don't think your knowledge or lack thereof is particularly relevant to the discussion. If you were simply registering the fact that you specifically haven't interacted with Brendan or CSN, that's my bad for misunderstanding.

MA: 4: Never had any affection for you guys, and after going around to most alliances on the front (all of them except yours I think), you're the only one who cares about keeping the term barring Caffine from Echelon gov't. You may not like Echelon and you may not like Caffine, but I hate terms that impose themselves in such fashion as influencing who may serve in gov't.

So wait, you went around to all the alliances EXCEPT MA and after that in-depth detective work of yours you determined that it MUST be MA that cares about the term that bars Caffine from government and its because of them that term exists.

Seriously??? Thats what you're going with huh? Next time you may want to talk to your own allies or ummm I dont know, go to the source?

RoK: 2 - Hoo is a worthless leader, as are half of RoK's staff. RoK is simply a personality cult dedicated to Hoo, who really has a track record of not ever doing anything of note. These guys are good for pointless posturing and nothing more.

There is a level of irony here that may just create a black hole and destroy us all. the biggest (and most uless i may add) attention whore on Planet Bob is calling someone else a useless AW.

*insert head explode gif here*

I can forgive, but not forget and everty time that a ODN member deny the fact I fell less inclined to forgive too.

Can you forgive? i do not get the impression that you ever have in regards to ODN. Most of us in ODN know only too well the mistakes our predecessors have made, that said Arsenal and Sunstar are correct when looking at the technicalities, however i can also see where you and other ex-CDS are coming from (A certain ex-CDS banned member and i discussed this very subject prior to the banning not so long ago).

The new generation here in ODN are well aware of the lessons our history has bequeathed to us but want to look forward, but I am somewhat old school and I remember the past all too well, so I do ask your forgiveness as I do all other ex-CDS, grant us your tolerance D34th so that we might one day prove to you that we are of a far superior calibre to our erroneous predecessors.

I actually say that only 2 are excusable

Would you like to specify which two please? so we can discuss it further?

I think IRON is the last alliance that can be lecturing people on how to honor treaties in the correct manner.

Oh but have you not heard?!? ODN is far worse! :D

Edited by Cataduanes

So wait, you went around to all the alliances EXCEPT MA and after that in-depth detective work of yours you determined that it MUST be MA that cares about the term that bars Caffine from government and its because of them that term exists.

Seriously??? Thats what you're going with huh? Next time you may want to talk to your own allies or ummm I dont know, go to the source?

Well, considering that it is MA that has the history with Echelon and Caffine, I really think common sense can tell you that as well. So don't bother denying it. It'll only make you look silly.

Common opinion may be the more appropriate phrase. And many like to point out that opinion can quite often be wrong, as NSO do quite often on these boards. Rafael Nadal never came to me to talk about the Echelon reperations as I recall, not that I would discuss the terms of that with anyone not involved within that agreement.

Well, considering that it is MA that has the history with Echelon and Caffine, I really think common sense can tell you that as well. So don't bother denying it. It'll only make you look silly.

A bad history with Caffine is certainly not exclusive to MA. I'd talk to Echelon in regards to that particular term before making any accusations.

As a close ally of Vanguard, we would be more than happy to share documentation in regards to this issue.

Oh Sunshine I am not the one that looks silly here... You know the old saying about assumptions right?