Treaty Cancellation

To be fair here, apparently not everyone knows the full details and circumstances behind this cancellation. That being the case, without them being divulged in said cancellation, you're going to have people pointing out the seeming lack of tact displayed in the OP. You can only call them as you see them.

!@#$ happens. That is pretty much the summation of all the events.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1312.jpg

Red Scare standing by

Red_Ryder_Comics_no.116_195303.jpg

Red Ryder standing by.

Now, back on topic: I'd be interested to know what this threat was. Part of me is hoping that the boards will finally become a bit more interesting. It's been pretty quiet for the past couple months.

The reasons for this termination will remain behind closed doors, unless you Cora wish to carry out your threat? Please make my day.

This seemed like just another treaty cancellation, until I read this line. Unless this is a joke, this topic has caught my interests.

EDIT:

mars.jpg

Red planet standing by.

Edited by Nintenderek

I heard USN is being phased out of Maroon because they chose CDT over the Chestnut Accords. Reasonable I guess.

I heard SF is going to try to roll USN and CDT in order to bring them back to Maroon.

I am still trying to figure out how in the hell that makes any kind of sense.

I heard SF is going to try to roll USN and CDT in order to bring them back to Maroon.

I am still trying to figure out how in the hell that makes any kind of sense.

Just what I heard man. I know it doesn't make it true. I think it would be a valid reason. Someone on the sphere says "the hell with the rest of you we're gonna hang with these guys whom you guys happen to hate." and things get dicey. Seemed like a plausible road to what is going on now with USN and Maroon.

I always thought USN was a neutral alliance :mellow:

It seems they are in CDT, have they ever fought a war?

USN was neutral for only the first several months of its existance.

There was a rather minor skirmish with FUK some time ago, and they fought by our side in the No Vision war.

Just what I heard man. I know it doesn't make it true. I think it would be a valid reason. Someone on the sphere says "the hell with the rest of you we're gonna hang with these guys whom you guys happen to hate." and things get dicey. Seemed like a plausible road to what is going on now with USN and Maroon.

I can present a slightly different perspective on reality if you want to query me.

Transparency is fine. Privacy is fine. The opening post mixes the two and falls flat.

You've alluded to a "threat" in the cancellation. This breaches privacy but provides no transparency. The peanut gallery now thinks that USN threatened you with military action (they didn't) and that the threat was a cause of the cancellation (it came directly after). I'm sure you have valid reasons for canceling a treaty, but the opening post should either be a transparent explanation of those reasons or full privacy to respect the reputation of your former partner. By trying to do both, you have accomplished neither.

Transparency is fine. Privacy is fine. The opening post mixes the two and falls flat.

You've alluded to a "threat" in the cancellation. This breaches privacy but provides no transparency. The peanut gallery now thinks that USN threatened you with military action (they didn't) and that the threat was a cause of the cancellation (it came directly after). I'm sure you have valid reasons for canceling a treaty, but the opening post should either be a transparent explanation of those reasons or full privacy to respect the reputation of your former partner. By trying to do both, you have accomplished neither.

I would hear this bird if I were you, for he speaks words of wisdom.