Avalon Lodges a Formal Complaint

You guys could just merge into us. Would you like for me to have my people send you guys a recruitment message as they are now being instructed to do to SLCB? :)

No, I'm officially requesting that ADI not receive any recruitment messages, but thanks for the offer. We, in return, will not send any to your alliance.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one of those messages and from Arexes himself, I should be honored, but I'm not. It peeved me. The real kicker is I'm not even Avalon. I am on Purple however. I gave my vote to PEACE's candidate(s) as I like them more than Stickmen.

The Stickmen have obviously failed to realize that anyone on the purple team, outside of their bloc, is incapable of thinking independently; a grievous error on their part.

You know, I said the exact same thing in regards to the recruitment messages sent out to the neutrals, that they could choose whether to read the messages and act on them or ignore them.

Amazingly enough I believe your alliance didn't see it that way at the time. I wonder why?

I know not what this 'in-game' that you speak of is, however if you wish to look at things from that perspective then in a manner of speaking yes, so long as there is an attempt to involve Avalon citizens in the Senate voting process, then Avalon shall temporarily suspend her normal neutrality and support opposition candidates to those who attempted to coax Avalon away from neutrality.

The issue at hand is that you seem to either misunderstand the order of events, or do not consider them relevant, to us however they are the pinnacle of relevance.

1st- Avalon is Politically Neutral in Purple Senate Matters

2nd- Stickmen mass spam Avalon sequestering votes for their candidate to win a seat

3rd- Avalon posts this announcement and supports opposition candidates to the Stickmen candidate

Now for us we would like to see the next steps be:

4th- Next election cycle no one attempts to garner Avalon votes

5th- Avalon returns to stance of not voting/voting for non-competitive candidates

6th- Everyone lives happily every after with perfect trade circles and tech deals galore. :D

Once again, what exactly is wrong with that situation?

sums everything up pretty nicely.

I love how the biased, agenda-driven sympathizers with Stickmen, and Stickmen themselves, play dumb like they didn't know sending these messages to all these purple alliances would cause any issues.

As I said before, the members of these alliances are there by choice, as long as they're wearing the name, they are pleading their allegiance to said alliance government. That government is a representation of all the people in said alliance. If that government requests that you do not ask their members to vote for another candidate, you should respect their sovereignty. By going against the wishes of that government, you are going against the people of that alliance as well.

You know, I said the exact same thing in regards to the recruitment messages sent out to the neutrals, that they could choose whether to read the messages and act on them or ignore them.

Amazingly enough I believe your alliance didn't see it that way at the time. I wonder why?

Supposedly the sith are evil, but i must say i beg to differ on this matter its a rarity i agree with you guys :)

I got one of those messages and from Arexes himself, I should be honored, but I'm not. It peeved me. The real kicker is I'm not even Avalon. I am on Purple however. I gave my vote to PEACE's candidate(s) as I like them more than Stickmen.

Aww. But I put in something extra for you to have.

No, I'm officially requesting that ADI not receive any recruitment messages, but thanks for the offer. We, in return, will not send any to your alliance.

As much as the idea of sending recruiting messages to aligned nations makes me uncomfortable, you can't honestly say that any members that would leave you for another alliance because of a form message would be of much use to you anyway. Besides, isn't it their right to decide where they want to go? As I said, I don't support "poaching", but that's mainly because I've been molded with those fantastic left-over social standards of '06. What's the real reason that anyone would oppose recruiting from another alliance other than a desire to retain as many members as they possibly can?

so you're not neutral.

cool.

i'm fine with that. what's so wrong with just saying "hey brah we're not neutral lol"

edit:

to be fair you never would have said this publically if we hadn't outed this fact for you, so don't trouble to pretend to be on some high road or other as if you came out stating as much from the get-go.

We are suspending our neutrality to counteract what we saw as an insult against us. So yes we are not neutral at the moment, but there is a big difference between "not neutral" and "temporarily suspended neutrality". The former implies that we have not been nor shall be neutral, the latter implies the actual situation. The difference may not matter to others, but it does to us.

I see not what the high road is here, I was composing my response to you when the screen shot was posted. No screen shot was needed to prove a policy that we publicly stand behind. We are in the public because we do not fear public scrutiny of our actions here. In fact we welcome it for if we were truly out of line, a public venue such as this would bring it to light.

The bottom line is that you appear to not have any remorse over the messaging. That is fine as we stated we seek no apologies, nor resolution other than a public understanding of our position, and the hope that you will respect that.

Funny...I gave my vote to Stickmen for teh lulz :P

The Stickmen are welcome to join green. :wub:

We have a free senate; 'uncivilized' as that may be to some.

Congrats on the senate seat arexes!

We are suspending our neutrality to counteract what we saw as an insult against us. So yes we are not neutral at the moment, but there is a big difference between "not neutral" and "temporarily suspended neutrality". The former implies that we have not been nor shall be neutral, the latter implies the actual situation. The difference may not matter to others, but it does to us.

tl;dr Only neutral when we feel like it! :awesome:

Edited by SonOfHoward

Actually, I'd rather lose a member openly as compared to having a "member" still in my alliance who wasn't following alliance directives. Guess I don't rate traitors highly though.

That he wasn't following alliances directives is more your fault( as in gov.) rather than his. If you're inefficient at what you do you shouldn't be blaming someone who only partially plays the game.

And you're a traitor if you don't vote according to alliance directives in a neutral alliance. Again, what?

To clear it up, since people seem to be confused.

Avalon is not a neutral alliance. They defended TPF in the Karma War, said defense going on for the whole length of the war. They have also taken part in other conflicts.

They advise their membership to avoid voting in competitive team senate races. They prefer to not become involved in senate politics. That's not terribly hard to understand. It's not the same thing as being neutral like TDO, GPA or WTF though.

Because it's not the same scenario?

I'd personally say that any given individual is capable of choosing their own alliance, and objectively I don't find recruiting members of other alliances to be an utterly terrible crime. Personally though, I find it distasteful - I can't say that I'd be overjoyed to find members of my alliance being recruited by those of another, and I doubt you'd be necessarily happy with that situation either. That said, telling someone to vote for a senator doesn't equate to asking someone in an alliance to join yours. Therefore the two have different consequences, and should be met with different responses.

To clear it up, since people seem to be confused.

Avalon is not a neutral alliance. They defended TPF in the Karma War, said defense going on for the whole length of the war. They have also taken part in other conflicts.

They advise their membership to avoid voting in competitive team senate races. They prefer to not become involved in senate politics. That's not terribly hard to understand. It's not the same thing as being neutral like TDO, GPA or WTF though.

We understand that, but to profess you are neutral in a senate and then vote...lol.

They advise their membership to avoid voting in competitive team senate races. They prefer to not become involved in senate politics.

at least until they decide to become involved in senate politics and tell their members they should vote for PEACE candidates.

Because it's not the same scenario?

I'd personally say that any given individual is capable of choosing their own alliance, and objectively I don't find recruiting members of other alliances to be an utterly terrible crime. Personally though, I find it distasteful - I can't say that I'd be overjoyed to find members of my alliance being recruited by those of another, and I doubt you'd be necessarily happy with that situation either. That said, telling someone to vote for a senator doesn't equate to asking someone in an alliance to join yours. Therefore the two have different consequences, and should be met with different responses.

The underlying concept is the same. Now you are just arguing semantics.

Also, the messages to SLCB have gone out.

We also included our own candidate for Purple Senate since that makes it okay.

Have a nice afternoon.

We understand that, but to profess you are neutral in a senate and then vote...lol.

To act like that in some way matters to the issue at hand... lol.

EDIT: If Ivan is saying it's the same I think the argument is over. XD

Edited by Canik

The underlying concept is the same. Now you are just arguing semantics.

Also, the messages to SLCB have gone out.

We also included our own candidate for Purple Senate since that makes it okay.

Have a nice afternoon.

can i have a government position if i join?