Avalon Lodges a Formal Complaint

Please destroy them for this, I could use some drama.

If you're going to do it, spin it like this:

The senate has access to sanctions, sanctions can easily be used as a weapon of war, ergo attempting to deceive your less-active alliance members into giving away senate positions to potentially hostile powers is a threat to your alliance security, thus is an act of war.

LOL now there is the conspiracy theory well thought out sir well done.

/me takes notes for future reference. :P

s'what I do. Seriously, though, I hope something comes out of this. Too many people walk in and say "Oh I hope this gets resolved peacefully" when they don't really mean it. <_<

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL now there is the conspiracy theory well thought out sir well done.

/me takes notes for future reference. :P

s'what I do. Seriously, though, I hope something comes out of this. Too many people walk in and say "Oh I hope this gets resolved peacefully" when they don't really mean it. <_<

I don't think this page went to 18 pages because people want a peaceful resolution. :P

Of course the leaders of Planet Bob will look at the climate of Cyber Nations and see people want a war and just say amongst themseves, "not yet.."

By sending the message, you are violating the inherent right of the nation not to receive such a message

I wonder why VE violates my rights by insisting on sending me Trace Circle messages then, since I am not a Green nation?

Regards, Jan Doedel.

Heh, let's face it, if someone in the Hegemony now tried to pull this stunt, it'd be considered the most legitimate Casus Belli in the history of Planet Bob. But because someone like the Stickment did it, we're now going to have to invent new rules to suit those who wish to poke fun at us.

Brave. New. World.

This coming from the man who believes that an alliance is liable for a ghost's actions.

Edited by General Ozujsko

I don't think this page went to 18 pages because people want a peaceful resolution. :P

Of course the leaders of Planet Bob will look at the climate of Cyber Nations and see people want a war and just say amongst themseves, "not yet.."

It went 18 pages because largely the same 4-5 people made the same stupid arguments over and over again and everyone and their mom seemed to want to make a 1 sentence post attempting to sum up their position on the issue.

Actually, you'd be surprised what gets ignored and what actually makes it to light. That I recognize this fact openly (as did Archon) just makes me honest.

I did what now?

Also...really? The senate? Is there a more masturbatory exercise on this planet than to try to get a senator? Oh wow, I can ruin a few people's trades! Woo!

Heh, let's face it, if someone in the Hegemony now tried to pull this stunt, it'd be considered the most legitimate Casus Belli in the history of Planet Bob. But because someone like the Stickment did it, we're now going to have to invent new rules to suit those who wish to poke fun at us.

Brave. New. World.

Well if the other purple alliances consider this a valid CB they are perfectly within their right to treat it as one.

I did what now?

Also...really? The senate? Is there a more masturbatory exercise on this planet than to try to get a senator? Oh wow, I can ruin a few people's trades! Woo!

This too. Senate voting has only really been relevant in the last two years on one sphere for a few months. Other than that it's been meaningless.

So, heres what i gather from this little meeting. If I message you to join a trade circle or ask to vote for a senator then thats just as bad if not worse then trying to recruit? Isn't a simple solution to this to put a post on your alliance forums informing your membership that those dastardly Stickmen are up to no good and it would be best suited to ignore the messages sent by them? i mean heck i get trade circle messages all the time..most times a simple "No thanks, im already in a circle" suffices...except the poor sap who had godawful resources i told him to reroll

Also, wheres my manners..congrats to Arexes on the senate seat

So, heres what i gather from this little meeting. If I message you to join a trade circle or ask to vote for a senator then thats just as bad if not worse then trying to recruit? Isn't a simple solution to this to put a post on your alliance forums informing your membership that those dastardly Stickmen are up to no good and it would be best suited to ignore the messages sent by them? i mean heck i get trade circle messages all the time..most times a simple "No thanks, im already in a circle" suffices...except the poor sap who had godawful resources i told him to reroll

Also, wheres my manners..congrats to Arexes on the senate seat

Once again, just because it may not be as bad, does not make it right. It's far from it and everyone knows it. It's rude at the very least.

Isn't a simple solution just not to send those messages to aligned nations?

Do we really want to set this standard?

Just why is it that Purple alliances, who collectively purport to be for lovers, object to the mere possibility of there being a purple senator which they don't control?

Why the anti-democratic stance? Purple nations should have a free choice of who to vote for, it's a matter of national sovereignty and as such falls without most alliances charters despite the willingness of alliances to include such senate related rules within treaties.

Why should any candidate have to approach a government to even suggest such a free vote? It's hard to imagine the alliances suffer from such small faith in their own candidates.

Who does such a regular and consistent gerrymandering of the only free vote on Planet Bob benefit? It can't be the rank and file, they tend to have such a tiny input within their alliances even when it comes to important matters such as treaties, blocs and wars.

IF purple is as unified as it claims time and time again this whole issue would be a null point, but it isn't a null point which suggests not so much unity by free association more a institutional method of control. Democratic votes for team awards they permit, pointless as they are, but the single free regular vote and therefore the voice of the purple population should not be heard, where's the love in that?

Just why is it that Purple alliances, who collectively purport to be for lovers, object to the mere possibility of there being a purple senator which they don't control?

I believe if Stickmen simply don't send those messages to aligned nations there would be no issue. If they take the Senate seat without messaging aligned nations, I would support their right to be there.

I am not the leader of a Purple Team alliance, but I know many of them and they are completely reasonable.

EDIT: And I know I would not want people messaging FEAR to vote for someone other than Turetel. Our members know who to vote for, but I have better things to do than to battle for the unity of my alliance's votes.

Edited by Canik

Why the anti-democratic stance? Purple nations should have a free choice of who to vote for, it's a matter of national sovereignty and as such falls without most alliances charters despite the willingness of alliances to include such senate related rules within treaties.

Why should any candidate have to approach a government to even suggest such a free vote? It's hard to imagine the alliances suffer from such small faith in their own candidates.

Who does such a regular and consistent gerrymandering of the only free vote on Planet Bob benefit? It can't be the rank and file, they tend to have such a tiny input within their alliances even when it comes to important matters such as treaties, blocs and wars.

IF purple is as unified as it claims time and time again this whole issue would be a null point, but it isn't a null point which suggests not so much unity by free association more a institutional method of control. Democratic votes for team awards they permit, pointless as they are, but the single free regular vote and therefore the voice of the purple population should not be heard, where's the love in that?

You're just bitter you haven't been getting as many votes as you used to :P

Singularly I'd agree within reason, but collectively somethings rotten if this really is such a big deal, which is why I suggest there's more to it.

I, for one, think it makes perfect sense for them to be rather upset at their alliances being mass messaged.

You're just bitter you haven't been getting as many votes as you used to :P

I wish CN could stimulate as much emotion tbh. Admittedly that whole kerfuffle was a real eye opener for me, never known so much fuss over so little.

NB: Would like to make it known that although I speak of purple alliances as a whole, there are three small ones which I don't rate as part of the blob. You should know who you are.

I wish CN could stimulate as much emotion tbh. Admittedly that whole kerfuffle was a real eye opener for me, never known so much fuss over so little.

Thats a good point. The world almost ended when the NSO held a purple senate seat.

I, for one, think it makes perfect sense for them to be rather upset at their alliances being mass messaged.

I can't see it, it's too wildly over emotional to make any sense to me both on/off game. I can't see folk being that genuinely emotional over a pm shared across your rank and file, especially when it was a basic "Vote for Me". No libellous statements, no anti-government sentiment, no threats, no falsehoods, nothing which is a danger OTHER than the vague possibility of a purple senator which the government haven't chosen.

There was a time when NoWedge forced purple alliances into such a position by way of threat and there wasn't so much as a public whisper of complaint about it.

Personally I think Purple could do with a good shake up, it's been stagnant for about two years, but this isn't such a shake up, it's a tiny blip which apparently has deeply upset folk who not only should have thicker skin but might do to consider the actual nature of a democratic vote if only from a game PoV.

tl:dr; Free elections lolcats obama

I, on the other hand, don't. I get mass messaged every day, and I don't make a fuzz about it.

Regards, Jan Doedel.

I'm glad its strongly. I was confused as to your stance until you made it so very clear.

Oh Purple. o/ Stickmen

This is the reason I :wub: you Bob!

The stickmen are pure evil for doing this, and deserve a medal, maybe they can get one at the next purple award ceremony.