Avalon Lodges a Formal Complaint

not here, but trust me they're saying it.

I am unsure as to how this matters but indeed we could state as much here if you prefer. Since Stickmen attempted to undermine our policy of non-involvement in Purple Senate matters, we determined that supporting their opposition would be the most poetic justice course of action.

Actually I suppose that would tie in to Potato's question. Assuming this continues, Avalon is prepared to temporarily to vote for whomever is not spamming us.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was called upon and I have answered your pleas. Stickmen, be warned, voting for any senator that isn't directly approved of by me will not be acceptable, and neither will using other alliances to vote for him either. However, since I do approve of this senator, and I do hold reign over all of purple, I like to view the Purple senate as one senate rather than a divided one. Stickmen were merely trying to gain more votes from an alliance that refuses to support my regime by abstaining from the vote, and I have no qualm with their dedication to uniting my great sphere. Why dont we stop fighting my children and return to the unity that I created? If you keep acting up I will ban the senate entirely and make you all vote for me (and if I dont meet the top 100 list then Im gonna make everyone start deleting infra, and none of us want that).

The King has spoken!

Well well well... that's interesting.

By the way its phrased, "this round of elections", it sounds like they are willing to comprimise their neutrality temporaily to combat the spam (which they find annoying) and it is not a permanent policy of theirs. That's my guess.

Oh, btw, Avalon, nice neutrality:

x95ac.png

Heh, you sound surprised. You not only disrespect but continue to disrespect Avalon's stance. There has been no pushing from PEACE, but if Avalon wishes to counter you by going in the opposite direction after getting nowhere, who are you to judge?

It seems to me people are so bored that they even start a !@#$%*fight over messages about senate elections.

While I respect Avalons position, it seems a bit odd to me that Invicta considered this an act of war. <_<

I am unsure as to how this matters but indeed we could state as much here if you prefer. Since Stickmen attempted to undermine our policy of non-involvement in Purple Senate matters, we determined that supporting their opposition would be the most poetic justice course of action.

Actually I suppose that would tie in to Potato's question. Assuming this continues, Avalon is prepared to temporarily to vote for whomever is not spamming us.

so we agree that you're not neutral in senate elections, and thus your request to not message you because of said neutrality is fallacious at best.

excellent.

So you're neutral when it suits you?

Well, I had a post here responding to Affluenza and Jingoist, but I saw a nice screenshot that shows what appears to be an Avalon endorsement for voting for PEACE Senators.

Of course, this may be a direct response to the PM campaign from Stickmen, but meh. It does kinda seem like they're breaking neutrality with that screenshotted post.

IWhy dont we stop fighting my children and return to the unity that I created? If you keep acting up I will ban the senate entirely and make you all vote for me (and if I dont meet the top 100 list then Im gonna make everyone start deleting infra, and none of us want that).

Its wisdom like this which is why stumpy is da king o/

Neato, so... about that whole "neutrality" thing. Is it only when there isn't active opposition toward your goals? Because that sounds more like passive politicking than actual neutrality, no matter who you're supporting as a candidate.

"We won't take action, unless we cease to lose our privileges and controls. Then we reserve the right to take action, without criticism."

Please explain further.

edit: Shovel beat me to it, haw

Edited by maguko

By the way its phrased, "this round of elections", it sounds like they are willing to comprimise their neutrality temporaily to combat the spam (which they find annoying) and it is not a permanent policy of theirs. That's my guess.

Yes, but according to Jingo that post was made on the PEACE forums, which raises questions. If Avalon only wishes to counterbalance the gains made in the senate by the Stickmen they only needed to tell their own members who to vote for (providing justification why along with the message). If that post was made on the PEACE forums, in public, it raises the same questions regarding intent as I posed earlier.

Darn this thread is moving too swiftly....

If a single Avalon member actually votes then Avalon is not neutral...

I could see how someone may hold that view. Our position has been to up until now to encourage Avalon nations not to vote or if they desire to vote then do so for someone not in the competitive running. We pursued a neutrality around NOT signing onto treaties that would force us to involve ourselves with Senate candidates and votes. We pursued a neutrality on not selecting whom to vote for, and if possible skipping the entire process.

a post on the PEACE forums, a treaty to which they are not a party...

How is a public thread screenshot a spy? and yes we are not party to PEACE for the reasons stated above.

a post on the PEACE forums, a treaty to which they are not a party...

All purple members are party to that forum. Notice the mask? Purple People Eater. That's the general purple mask for people wishing for trade coorindation and so on. And yes, the senate forum is open to them as well. Purple Unity extends to more than the PEACE and related treaties.

This further shows how ignorant Stickmen have been of purple politics and how they wish to remain so. We left the door open, your members have been masked as applicants for quite some time, and nothing. We can only do so much, we can't make you join. I'd be happy to field any questions you have though if you come to me.

It seems to me people are so bored that they even start a !@#$%*fight over messages about senate elections.

While I respect Avalons position, it seems a bit odd to me that Invicta considered this an act of war. <_<

Invicta has not said this. It was arexes, no? Arexes nor any Stickmen speak for Invicta.

Just for clarification it is the Purple Unity Boards where any purple nation may come to facilitate trades.

Stickmen were given the option of signing up there when they decided to come to purple and obviously some Avalon as well as Stickmen nations took advantage of that offer.

What is this exactly? What is Avalon trying to achieve by posting this? At least Invicta was clear about it. They said it was an act of war, since we were "impersonating" their gov. Their declaration of war could be posted any time now, I guess.

Your attempt to feed my ego notwithstanding, I'm Haflinger, not Invicta. :)

Also.

You know, it's also worth noting that not every CB leads to war...
You don't always have to declare war; there should be some purpose to a war.
well next time we disagree with the tactics of your alliance, i'll be sure to let you know in as public a way as possible, k?

Contrary to common belief in Stickmen (apparently, if this post is anything to go by), #invicta is in fact a public channel.

You can believe whatever you want, but iFOK for sure isn't a proxy of FOK. They are a sovereign alliance like all our allies.

Sovereign alliances are not protectorates. This is your treaty with them: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=44421

Heck you guys even posted their charter.

So you're neutral when it suits you?

Like other alliances, when people attempt to interfere with their principles they respond.

So, NSO sending recruitment messages to TDO on Aqua was frowned upon and they swiftly apologised, Yet a group on purple doing much the same but instead recruiting for their senator and all you get is move on no big deal.

Interesting hypocrisy on planet bob as ever.

So, NSO sending recruitment messages to TDO on Aqua was frowned upon and they swiftly apologised, Yet a group on purple doing much the same but instead recruiting for their senator and all you get is move on no big deal.

Interesting hypocrisy on planet bob as ever.

I know. I still regret apologizing for it.

If this carries though I may see about opening that box back up. :)