Under-rated/Over-rated alliances

Hyperion321

What, because I thought you fought for Aegis in GWIII, that invalidates all my points? Interesting. So yes, I was wrong on that point. My view of Sparta is the correct one, though, and having somebody from Argent that was arguing vehemently with me in another thread agreeing with me should show you that it's not a view that I've cooked up all by myself. If you refuse to acknowledge the failings of your alliance then it is no concern of mine. You keep saying things like you do have culture besides 300 and that moving spheres is a monumentally complex decision, yet you fail to say why or provide any proof or justification. If I'm so wrong, why won't you prove it?

Of course it invalidates your point. The information you tried to use to paint a your picture of us was incorrect. Your "proof" was wrong. What else would I need to prove. I see the basic tenets of making an argument still escape you.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it invalidates your point. The information you tried to use to paint a your picture of us was incorrect. Your "proof" was wrong. What else would I need to prove. I see the basic tenets of making an argument still escape you.

I had many points, not one, and you refuted a part of one of them. Kudos. Care to address the rest?

I said that you fought for Aegis as part of my first point where I said that you fought for Aegis and were moved to Pink. It wasn't even the fact that you fought for Aegis, it was the fact that you accepted moving spheres, and Pink to top it off, as a surrender term. And before you go "lol changing the focus of your post", I'm not. You picked up on the part that was incorrect and made that the subject of discussion.

So. Should I give you a link to my list of points and you can start proving that I'm wrong?

I had many points, not one, and you refuted a part of one of them. Kudos. Care to address the rest?

I said that you fought for Aegis as part of my first point where I said that you fought for Aegis and were moved to Pink. It wasn't even the fact that you fought for Aegis, it was the fact that you accepted moving spheres, and Pink to top it off, as a surrender term. And before you go "lol changing the focus of your post", I'm not. You picked up on the part that was incorrect and made that the subject of discussion.

So. Should I give you a link to my list of points and you can start proving that I'm wrong?

Maybe if you took the time to actually read all my posts instead of reading the first line and responding, you would notice I addressed every single one of those. Also, moving to Pink was never a surrender term as there was never a war. You never cease to amaze with your made up history.

I accept this man as an authority on all things Spartan.

Maybe if you took the time to actually read all my posts instead of reading the first line and responding, you would notice I addressed every single one of those. Also, moving to Pink was never a surrender term as there was never a war. You never cease to amaze with your made up history.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1889328

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1889356

There ya go mang, get back to me when you can.

Also yes, sorry bout that. For some reason I have it stuck in my head that you were sent to Pink after surrender in GWIII, I must have you confused with someone else. I don't know why I said that when I'd just said I was wrong about GWIII in the post before >_>

I find it laughable that TOOL's reputation is based on how many CM's we have, a member who has pretty much retired into our ranks and the way Bama signs his posts off. As far as I can tell you guys are all underating us anyway.....

Edited by Willem

Also yes, sorry bout that. For some reason I have it stuck in my head that you were sent to Pink after surrender in GWIII, I must have you confused with someone else. I don't know why I said that when I'd just said I was wrong about GWIII in the post before >_>

legion was supposed to go there originally then they took it out of terms, or am i thinking dove war?

We went from #3 to #2 when the "status quo shattered." We built up most of our stats while on Pink, and we had fun doing it.

As for TOOL surrender terms, TOOL entered the war to defend an ally. Nobody really had a problem with them. Our objective was to knock them out of the war as quickly as possible. We did. I'm the one that ok'd the terms because the terms everyone likes to !@#$%* about were, practically speaking, absolutely meaningless. TOOL was cool throughout the war, and I didn't see the problem with giving them a moral bump. Mia actually did have something t to do with those terms (not to take anything away from GK who was also cool despite being time zonally challenged) because she was one of the reasons we thought TOOL were decent folk. Clearly, it was a mistake. I won't be nice next time. We'll fight for a couple more days for no purpose, we'll retain the option of attacking a couple alliances we never had an intention of attacking, and Sparta will be a better alliance for it.

I might have to return for that.

also, overrated: Athens

Underrated: NEW

I've addressed your post directly and more after that. I really don't feel like retyping 4 posts worth of material.

how are we overrated? :huh:

in think we are in the middle, but that will change soon :D

anywho:

underated: NV - good solid alliance that doesnt get talked about

WTF - they have sanction and they arnt mentioned????? :o

TDO - same as WTF

Overrated: MK - i have yet to see MK actually back up all of their big words :mellow:

Sparta - they are working on their problems so i expect them to be off this list soon

NSO - great guys however people think since it's Ivan in charge they are automatically a top alliance they will though, but i think people are expecting too much of them

tl;dr most AAs are not over/under rated ^_^

Overrated: MK - i have yet to see MK actually back up all of their big words :mellow:

Having fought with MK twice, yes they have.

Legion on the other hand weasels its way out of obligations, has no military prowess, and surrenders even faster than TOOL does.

I've addressed your post directly and more after that. I really don't feel like retyping 4 posts worth of material.

You responded to them, I wouldn't really say you addressed them except for my GWIII/pink mistake, but I'm happy to drop it if you are. Only got into it because I was asked.

He was being facetious.

Also, who's your newest ally that can testify for STA's fighting ability? NpO was a treaty upgrade.. So was Ronin. I can't even remember who your newest ally was but I doubt they'd be a great judge of STA's military ability. :v:

We went from #3 to #2 when the "status quo shattered." We built up most of our stats while on Pink, and we had fun doing it.

As for TOOL surrender terms, TOOL entered the war to defend an ally. Nobody really had a problem with them. Our objective was to knock them out of the war as quickly as possible. We did. I'm the one that ok'd the terms because the terms everyone likes to !@#$%* about were, practically speaking, absolutely meaningless. TOOL was cool throughout the war, and I didn't see the problem with giving them a moral bump. Mia actually did have something t to do with those terms (not to take anything away from GK who was also cool despite being time zonally challenged) because she was one of the reasons we thought TOOL were decent folk. Clearly, it was a mistake. I won't be nice next time. We'll fight for a couple more days for no purpose, we'll retain the option of attacking a couple alliances we never had an intention of attacking, and Sparta will be a better alliance for it.

Edit:

No. We were on Pink because a bunch of us had created an identity there, and I didn't want to leave. Tulak made us though. He's not secure in his masculinity. Or something about trades.

This whole post pretty much backs up my opinions of Sparta and TOOL.

Also, who's your newest ally that can testify for STA's fighting ability? NpO was a treaty upgrade.. So was Ronin. I can't even remember who your newest ally was but I doubt they'd be a great judge of STA's military ability. :v:

I think it was the ODN PIAT, so we'll wait for their response.